The Trance game...
May 6, 2011 at 8:28 PM Post #31 of 101
Edited for RULES VIOLATION. First 2 min were cheesy. Really liked 2min to 5 min. Pretty cool chill out /classical breakdown at 5 min until 6min. Didn't really dig the whole arabian nights thing and the funk breakdown that follows it from 6min to 8:30. 8:30 to end had pretty nice chillout/goa thing. Overall a little too all-over-the-place for my taste. If they made a song around the 2 to 5 min part i'd def dig the song

May 6, 2011 at 10:13 PM Post #34 of 101
I dont think a dance track could get any more cheesy than that. It was about 2 or 3 octaves higher than it needed to be. It's catchy for that reason but it could be a lot better if they simply dropped the pitch (however I suspect if they did that it would no longer be anywhere near as catchy as it stands and would be shown for what it really is - mediocre).

Takes about 5-6 minutes to really start singing. The whole angel wing thing starts to get a bit creepy after a few minutes...

May 7, 2011 at 1:25 PM Post #36 of 101

Quote:
No takers?

This one maybe

Awesome! I like this one a lot. This one is a keeper! 

I have another from my collection, but this one has been very close to my heart, along with dozens of others:

Sigh....so many memories, and good ones too. 
frown.gif

May 8, 2011 at 2:09 AM Post #37 of 101
Yep, really like that one. Though over compression makes me cry. Really sweet track.

What is the name of the track and who is it by? Searching the title gives nothing but random links to youtube vids. Discogs has nothing on Lead of Strings, nor moments of eternity. I have to be frank, that is one of the best trance tracks I have heard outside of what I already know.

Something a little bit different.

May 8, 2011 at 8:39 AM Post #38 of 101
Not too bad, but not my cup of tea. I'd probably give it a 7/10. Granted this is home listening, as part of a live set where they'd probably present it differently I can see it being bumped up to 8.5/10...

Lately I've been getting into Gaia, Armin's current alter ego....

May 8, 2011 at 9:27 AM Post #39 of 101
Quote:
Lately I've been getting into Gaia, Armin's current alter ego....

Current? He's been using Gaia since 2000.
I'd give the video a proper 8/10, would have been more if it had less of armin and more of the party and a different song.

I'd give the song about 5/10. The nicest comment I have for it is that it was uninspiring, but that's modern trance for you. If it was in a set I'd consider it a filler. If it was the best track in a set I'd want my money back.

May 8, 2011 at 9:50 AM Post #41 of 101
@Lilley: Considering that he is still using it, I'd still define it as current. To my knowledge Armin used a few names in his early years, but Gaia persisted as his alter ego. Whether or not that will change in the future remains to be seen.

@Tronz: Great track, but I feel like I have heard it before... Maybe it was on Pandora because I don't recognize the artist. Either way, it is easily a 9/10. 

Here is some W&W. 

May 8, 2011 at 12:45 PM Post #43 of 101

Quote:
5/10, I honestly preferred kyuuketsuki's one.

Ok guys, here is some good trance

edit: sorry, I was responding to tronz's.
@kyuuketsuki, you have a point.

Not bad, but don't overall tone was so so. 6/10. The Jaia track was way better.

Tronz, that Dash Berlin song was very nice, a better kind of upbeat.

And kyuuketsuki, that W&W had something weird that I can't put my finger on.

May 9, 2011 at 2:33 AM Post #44 of 101
decent I suppose, not melodic or smooth/flowing enough for my taste though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Jaia track was way better.

Without a doubt. That is one of the better edm tracks I have heard.

Hard trance

May 9, 2011 at 10:18 AM Post #45 of 101
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p8zDOhwUL8

I've always loved Ben Preston's synth work. I listen to trance to get lost in an ocean of beautiful beats and melodies. If I can dance to it, that's an added bonus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back