The Tomahawk appreciation thread.
Mar 18, 2008 at 12:49 AM Post #226 of 230
Bump some RSA Tomahawk Love! As a recent inductee to the head-fi nation, I am a proud owner of this little portable and I am very happy with the E500 and SR225 combo. This is moving from a CX300 out of a ipod and the difference in quality and quantity of sound puts a huge grin on my face. I know there are other portables out that are 'better' than the T-hawk but from people's experiences on this forum, I made my decision on the quality of the product along with the portablility and battery life. I have about 125 hrs on the amp and from what everyone says it won't be burnt in till way over 400hrs+. Sheesh, it already sounds really great! Hats off to Ray, a gentleman and scholar who took timeout to chat me up with the differences between his portables. So far no buyers regret and upgraditis. But, hmm a tube amp looks like a future purchase, that tube glow just oozes drool!

Keep up the great work on this forum which has become an entertaining and educating part of daily living.
Cheers. Oh yah Happy St.Patrick's Day!

Mar 23, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #227 of 230
Still having fun with the Tomahawk. Dug it out recently as I haven't really been listening to much via headphones, and teamed it up with my Grado SR60.

Can't believe it's over five years since I bought this amp!....

Apr 28, 2022 at 3:44 PM Post #230 of 230
Golly Gosh! 14 years on? Decided to dust off and fire up the Tomahawk after all these years - wired into my Shure E500s and listening to some Gentle Giant albums as remixed by Steven Wilson. The clarity of these albums after Mr Wilson has worked his magic on them is amazing.
Still a great little pocket amp - maybe not in keeping with todays 'mobile' lifestyle but I think I'll be plugging them in a lot more while at home...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back