The Tomahawk...an ultra-portable amplifier for IEMs
Nov 9, 2006 at 1:44 PM Post #77 of 931
Hi Ray, please put me on your list for a black one.

Nov 9, 2006 at 3:01 PM Post #78 of 931
Hi Ray...I just starting using these forums in search of an amp for my IEMs.
It didn't take long to find what I was looking for!!

Please put me on your list for a black Tomahawk.

Thanks,

KJ

Nov 10, 2006 at 12:17 AM Post #79 of 931
Hey Ray:
I've just bought the E500 I'm looking for an amp to match. Hope the Tomahawk will fit nicely with the Shures.

Count me in for Xmas!

In the meantime, since the E500 is so sensitive, the hiss is driving me mad.

Nov 10, 2006 at 4:51 PM Post #81 of 931
Quote:

Originally Posted by The-One
Hey Ray:
I've just bought the E500 I'm looking for an amp to match. Hope the Tomahawk will fit nicely with the Shures.

Count me in for Xmas!

In the meantime, since the E500 is so sensitive, the hiss is driving me mad.

The Tomahawk headphone amp works great with the E500, as it was one of the phones used to design the amp.
You should hear no hiss what so ever.

Many are asking if the Tomahawk can drive other headphones properly. I do not want to go beyound what the Tomahawk can do, I only comment on what the amp was designed for plus being so tiny with battery life that is very impressive.

These were the phones that I used to develop the Tomahawk IEM amp:
IEMs: Shure E500, Shure E5C, Shure 4C, UE-10 & ETYs.
Pro-headphones: R-10, HD600, PS-1 & HF-1.
The Tomahawk has the guts to drive IEM with absolute control, while gain is set at low, gain of "1".
With gain set at high, gain of "3", it is capable to give you the satisfaction that you are looking for to drive your low impedance headphones with a great sound quality that you would demand from your source.
Meridian G-08 was used to develope the sound of the Tomahawk, the final A/B between the input & output of the amp were so close that it was hard to tell the difference.
Thanks.
Ray Samuels

Nov 10, 2006 at 5:54 PM Post #82 of 931
Ahhh... A new baby brother for my Hornet!

Ray, but me down for a Tomahawk (black).

Nov 11, 2006 at 12:18 AM Post #84 of 931
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels
With gain set at high, gain of "3", it is capable to give you the satisfaction that you are looking for to drive your low impedance headphones with a great sound quality that you would demand from your source.

Ray,

I'm just a bit confused (not unusual for me). Since the iem's generally are already low impedance, what low impedance range are you referring to with the "high" setting?

Thanks,

Vincent

Nov 11, 2006 at 8:57 AM Post #85 of 931
my new es2's are the most perfect phones i could ever ask for.. the only problem is that they're extremely sensitive so there's sometimes a lot of hiss and, like all IEMs, slightly lacks in the soundstage department.

if the tomahawk can significantly improve my beloved es2's on these two issues and even more so perfect their already perfect sound quality then you can count me in.

Nov 13, 2006 at 5:24 PM Post #88 of 931
hi ray,

what is the sonic characteristics of the amp? is it fast and detailed, warm or neutral?

do you have a pic of it next to an ipod nano? im thinking about seeing how it would match with the new nano.

and i know this is over kill for the bose i.e.'s, but I picked up a pair the other day and was thinking about running an amp through them.

cheers Ray!

Nov 13, 2006 at 6:14 PM Post #89 of 931
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
hi ray,

what is the sonic characteristics of the amp? is it fast and detailed, warm or neutral?

do you have a pic of it next to an ipod nano? im thinking about seeing how it would match with the new nano.

and i know this is over kill for the bose i.e.'s, but I picked up a pair the other day and was thinking about running an amp through them.

cheers Ray!

Hi Buddy...
Long time since I have seen a post from you. Glad you are ok. I will take a picture of the Tomahawk next to my new
8G NANO, which I got as a gift, for my b day, from my son, Charles. I would say that the Nano & the Tomahawk with my UE-10, are my best, light weight, great sounding combos that I ever had in my set-up. Great detail with deep bass, sound stage that goes all around your head, fast yet no in your face, puts you in the middle of the hall.
Cheers.
ray samuels

Nov 13, 2006 at 6:28 PM Post #90 of 931
Ray,

Please add me to the list as well for a new tomahawk. Looking forward to the long battery life!

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back