The Time Has Come
Oct 30, 2010 at 1:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Abovetheair

100+ Head-Fier
I am seriously thinking of selling off all my headphones in order to get a new set of headphones. Out of all my headphones the Alessandro's are my favorite, the sound is unique and I love it. If I were to sell my Alessandro's+ ATH-50's+ Balanced Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro (250 OHM) I should have around $300-400 give or take. What Grado do you think I should order, the RS1, HF2 (TTJV sells them but for how much?)RS2, or the Alessandro MS2?

Oct 30, 2010 at 1:43 PM Post #2 of 4
What types of music do you listen to and what's your source?  The RS2, RS1, HF2, and MS2 all have their own distinct sound.  I've owned all but the HF2.  If you like the MS1 sound, it's a safe upgrade path to the MS2 and money left over to change the source or amp.  If you're looking for the end all Grado step within your budget, the RS2 is your only choice as the RS1 and HF2 goes for $450+.  TTVJ sells the HF2 for $435+ shipping, but has a very long deliver wait, but according to a lot of owners may be worth the wait and frustration.

Oct 30, 2010 at 1:57 PM Post #3 of 4
It looks like the HF2 are no longer available
frown.gif
. Are they, I don't see them anywhere on the site. I really liked the look of them, and would have loved to have them. Oh well, I might just go with the MS2. Does Alessandro offer any type of upgrade program? That would be very cool to see.

Quote:
What types of music do you listen to and what's your source?  The RS2, RS1, HF2, and MS2 all have their own distinct sound.  I've owned all but the HF2.  If you like the MS1 sound, it's a safe upgrade path to the MS2 and money left over to change the source or amp.  If you're looking for the end all Grado step within your budget, the RS2 is your only choice as the RS1 and HF2 goes for $450+.  TTVJ sells the HF2 for $435+ shipping, but has a very long deliver wait, but according to a lot of owners may be worth the wait and frustration.

Oct 30, 2010 at 3:13 PM Post #4 of 4
That's a bummer.  I wish I had the patience of waiting 4 months instead of canceling my order.  As far as I know, Alessandro nor Grado has an upgrade program.   You usually don't have them with exclusive and generally unknown brands. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back