The thread without a designated topic.
Jun 29, 2009 at 1:51 PM Post #151 of 327
Yeah, this isn't exactly a thread about nothing...

today my boss leaves at 11AM which means I have a nice quiet day today

Jun 30, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #152 of 327
As of this morning at 7, I'm on vacation. Until July 22! I can see Flounder from Animal House going, "Oh, boy!"

Jun 30, 2009 at 2:02 PM Post #153 of 327
So after a few hours of listening I must say these DT 770 pros don't sound like they did out of the box, the bass got tighter and the highs relaxed. They got warm and cozy, their sound sig is like snuggling up by a warm fire with a book. I'm hoping they just get more and more like this with burn in.

Jun 30, 2009 at 2:27 PM Post #154 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So after a few hours of listening I must say these DT 770 pros don't sound like they did out of the box, the bass got tighter and the highs relaxed. They got warm and cozy, their sound sig is like snuggling up by a warm fire with a book. I'm hoping they just get more and more like this with burn in.

I bought a pair back in February and have been listening quite a bit and burning my Compass in with them at night so they have a lot of hours on them and they have gotten way better and have a good synergy with the Compass (earth/neutral)-bass is pretty tight and mids have come forward. Keep burning them in - they are decent phones.

Jun 30, 2009 at 4:01 PM Post #155 of 327
popcorn.gif

Jun 30, 2009 at 7:23 PM Post #156 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatto /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yep, it'll happen. They'll get slightly more detailed way down the track when you think burn-in is over as well. Let me know if you find any musical synergies that work well with them as they may
In other news, I'm starting to dislike browsing a number of boards on this forum due to several members being well... a word I dont feel like saying.

Jun 30, 2009 at 8:22 PM Post #157 of 327
I just totally put myself out there for a professor that I'm requesting undergraduate research from... now to wait for a response. I am sooo nervous because this is a really awesome research project.

edit: omg he wants an interview ^^ this is too cool

Jun 30, 2009 at 10:42 PM Post #159 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by limpidglitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So how long back are we allowed to dig? I really really liked this picture.

Thanks I'm glad you like it
k701smile.gif

still no more responses from the professor in charge of the research project. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if I didn't get it, I'm a little bio newbie compared to most of the candidates for stuff like this. He did sound pretty sincere and interested, we'll see what happens.

edit: I refuse to double post, especially in a thread like this but I just went to an eye doctor for the first time and turns out I needed glasses, I went with these

AMAYA527AF6041.JPG.jpg

they match my sunglasses ^^

CASSANDRA476A6041.JPG.jpg

the color looks weird on both of them but they're pink

Jul 1, 2009 at 1:28 AM Post #160 of 327
Is it me or Head-fi's deadliest female cat just has an official title? (or have I missed it last time?)

I think a congrat is in order!
beerchug.gif

attachment.php

Jul 1, 2009 at 1:41 PM Post #161 of 327
That's awesome! And so is she. *This is not kissing up to her. I'm just expressing my opinion of her*

I decided to give team churro a chance by eating a churro at Sea World and Disney World.

My stomach hurts.

The churro at Sea World was like cardboard in taste and texture, and the churro at Disney was uber crunchy and tasted a bit better. Not as good as a pretzel though.

I'm somewhat surprised this thread didn't explode in number of posts while I was gone.

Oh, and Gatto, that post is worthless without pics of them on!

Jul 1, 2009 at 10:36 PM Post #164 of 327
Happy
biggrin.gif
just put the first songs on my new D2
smily_headphones1.gif

spent almost 450usd on audio in one day,dont know if im feeling happy or just poor.

but it sounds somewhat niceer than my old creative
smily_headphones1.gif

just waiting for the nice headphones now,waiting and playing whit the EQ
biggrin.gif

I think I´m in love
wink.gif

Jul 1, 2009 at 10:50 PM Post #165 of 327
Hey guys, how's it been going?

Anyway, just wanted to take the time to point out that of all things, I got banned for my comment about hijacking threads at the beginning of this thread. Now I was referring to mule's 'a trade going south' and that other 'message to dave and ry' tread, both of which were already on their way to getting locked and all that. If someone wants to post links to other threads that I might have recently hijacked, go ahead (I can't remember any off the top of my head).

Anyway, the point of this thread is not to be a random thread, but to be a thread with a constantly rotating subject (Although if every post is a different subject then it doesn't work). I'd be nice if people played by the rules and all.
wink.gif

I'd love to stay around and catch up on all the good threads I missed, but of all days my internet went out today and it looks like it's due to comcaps little POS modem. Right now I'm on the back deck stealing some poor fools internet for a few min (Who runs there wireless point without any security or passwords anyway?) but I don't intend on staying out here that long. Hopefully after some not so fun time with tech support I'll have the internet back and can post lots of nice pictures from a benching session yesterday, among other things.

Anyway, have fun guys, I gotta find something to do here. (Thank microsoft for not letting me play forza without being hooked up to the interwebs.
angry_face.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back