The Tail of Music – Impression of Various Type-C Adapters: Apple Type-C and DD TC35B added [July 1st, 2020]
May 20, 2022 at 8:14 AM Post #31 of 52
So an iphone can power this one? even at max vol/ high ohms cans? or will the iphone struggle and say not enough power like the RU6?
I doubt an iPhone will be able to fully power it.

May 26, 2022 at 1:18 AM Post #32 of 52
Just placed order with the local iFi distributor for the Go(ld) Bar. I am not a particular big fan of the gold color, but I know I'll want the higher spec version of the two.

May 26, 2022 at 2:24 AM Post #33 of 52
Just placed order with the local iFi distributor for the Go(ld) Bar. I am not a particular big fan of the gold color, but I know I'll want the higher spec version of the two.
Isn't it essentially the same thing as the regular version?

May 26, 2022 at 4:33 AM Post #34 of 52
Isn't it essentially the same thing as the regular version?
Besides the obvious difference in the outer shell, iFi mentioned the Gold Bar has a better power filter section than the regular version. While no number was mentioned, a better power filter section should in theory help to further lower the noise floor.

May 26, 2022 at 7:04 AM Post #35 of 52
Besides the obvious difference in the outer shell, iFi mentioned the Gold Bar has a better power filter section than the regular version. While no number was mentioned, a better power filter section should in theory help to further lower the noise floor.
FWIW, there is a totally black background with all of my IEMs that I have tried so far. (Std. GoBar)

May 26, 2022 at 7:58 AM Post #36 of 52
FWIW, there is a totally black background with all of my IEMs that I have tried so far. (Std. GoBar)
Figured as much. iFi has a pretty good record on hardware design so I suspect they won't likely to make a simple error on something like background noise. Nevertheless I still hope to see some proper measurements between the two.

Aug 19, 2022 at 5:42 AM Post #37 of 52
Are there any usb adapters anyone would recommend over the L&P W2 for prioritizing 3.5 single-end quality? one of the reviews refers to it as "abysmal"

Aug 19, 2022 at 6:24 AM Post #38 of 52
L&P W2's 3.5mm output is perfectly fine (or should I say better than fine?). I'll call a review that claims it is 'abysmal' is in itself abysmal.

Aug 19, 2022 at 6:36 AM Post #39 of 52
Are there any usb adapters anyone would recommend over the L&P W2 for prioritizing 3.5 single-end quality? one of the reviews refers to it as "abysmal"

Abysmal is a bit much, it is a fine dongle dac.

I would consider Lotoo PAW S2 or Questyle M15 if you wanted something a big more dynamic, and with a bit more driving power, but they're rather modest in single ended too

Aug 19, 2022 at 12:49 PM Post #40 of 52
Thanks for the input- I'm just hoping to avoid the weird presentation that I've sometimes noticed with SE outputs on BAL gear.

Aug 19, 2022 at 7:18 PM Post #41 of 52
Thanks for the input- I'm just hoping to avoid the weird presentation that I've sometimes noticed with SE outputs on BAL gear.

Don't worry about it. Most companies design the Balanced to sound better simply because it is easier to design it better. In time, maybe you'll be able to get some affordable balanced cables and upgrade it so you can enjoy what you have at their best

Aug 25, 2022 at 7:49 AM Post #42 of 52
Last edited:
Aug 26, 2022 at 6:00 AM Post #43 of 52
iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Sep 28, 2022 at 8:33 PM Post #45 of 52
Please what is your take on this versus/comparison?

To put it simply - if the choice must be between RU6 and HM800, I'll recommend RU6 first. Technically neither is as good as their non-R-2R competitors, but both do carry the distinctive musicality of the R-2R circuit while RU6 is better balanced of the two between technicality vs musicality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back