The T50RP Paradox | reviews, discussion, & mini-tour impressions (index in second post)
Oct 18, 2014 at 8:57 AM Post #721 of 750
Hi guys,

I'm interested in the Paradox, but I'm getting a bit confused as to where I get them from.  I placed an order from www.referencesounds.com but just received a refund with no reason.  Is this where I am supposed to be buying them from?

Try contacting LFF at FirePhoenixAudio@gmail.com to see what's up...

Oct 18, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #722 of 750
I think Luis (LFF) new page is: http://www.enigmaticaudio.com/product-category/products/

Oct 18, 2014 at 2:38 PM Post #724 of 750
Luis is very unreliable, I contacted him weeks ago about buying a pair of Slants, and he replied that he had 6 pair painted black available, and he reserved one pair for me.  He told me it would only take about a week to get it ready, and that he would contact me when it was.  It has been over three weeks, and I have not heard a thing.  In my experience you can't trust what he says.  His customer service skills don't exist!

Oct 18, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #725 of 750
  Luis is very unreliable, I contacted him weeks ago about buying a pair of Slants, and he replied that he had 6 pair painted black available, and he reserved one pair for me.  He told me it would only take about a week to get it ready, and that he would contact me when it was.  It has been over three weeks, and I have not heard a thing.  In my experience you can't trust what he says.  His customer service skills don't exist!

Well, don't know about you but the few times I have written to him (via e-mail) he has responded very promptly and in a courteous manner addressing questions, etc. He seem to have a lot of stuff going on a few months ago but I think he resolved everything so... did you try via PM or e-mail?

Oct 18, 2014 at 4:09 PM Post #726 of 750

Uhh, this sounds like the opposite of my experience. Not only does Luis respond promptly to every communication, but he also had shown me used listings for his gear that he's seen that were a great deal.

Did you remember to PAY for the pair? That's the only way to reserve an order from his batches.

Oct 18, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #727 of 750

Did you ever actually order or pay for one? Hard to fault him if you never committed. Might be the case where you are waiting for him and he has been waiting for you.

Oct 21, 2014 at 5:44 AM Post #728 of 750

Well actually I don't wanna jump on a side, but I don't think he is bashing as I experienced a really barmy thing with Luis too. I send my Basic Paradox back due to jack/crosstalk (that he never approved) issues on April 2013. 1 year later I still hadn't nothing! On the end of APRIL 2014 I got my money back for the Paradox after writing a big harsh mail at least!!!  So ok. But I payed 2 times the expensive shipment from Europe to US that I never saw again. I was asking him if I get the cost back for one shipment at least due to the reason that the can was faulty. Never got an response back. After this annoying never ending story, where I thought I never see the cans or my money again, I leave it at that to bring this to an end finally. We are talking about 550 bucks. SO this is something where trust and service should count.... 

I wanted to make the retoure make more sense and said that I want a repaint on them. That was the reason why it took so long I was told. (Well I painted my scooter and car body parts in less than 2 weeks professionally...) It was like I was writing him every 3 weeks from 2013 till 2014 and was excused that the paint job takes time. Then it was done. Then again not. A lot of unlikely situation one after another. He was always polite and apologized. But often I had to write a second message to get an answer after 3 weeks. And from being polite I ain't having my 550 bucks or my product.
Well I got my money back after 1 year. But never again. Even if he would sell the Paradox for 10 bucks. That is my experience and I still shake my head in disbelief after looking back.

Oct 21, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #729 of 750
Well so far I have no issues with the service after the initial hickup.  For the record, Luis says his is not associated with the referencesounds site anymore so use enigmaticaudio unless you contact him via email or PM.  He replied promptly and was very helpful, and is in the process of sorting me out a pair of basic Paradox. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 24, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #730 of 750
Well I've received my pair and enjoying them right now :)

It took almost exactly 4 weeks to get them built and shipped (felt like 4 years), then 5 days to arrive (to UK).  I can't really fault Luis on any part of the process after the initial hickup.

First impression taking them out of the box, the standard headphone look isn't as bad as I thought from the pics, still not really a looker but ok.

Sound is very impressive.  Initially I thought them a little bright (I have been listening to dampened MDR-1R a lot), and if there is aggressive treble that is what you get, but it's like being bitten nicely, with plenty of refinement :p .  I removed the added cushion band after not too long as it seemed a bit restrictive and the headphones wobbled slightly when your head moved.  But after a while thought the sound may have suffered without it slightly (bass seemed a bit lacking, clamping force?), plus the rubber of the band started to the hurt the top of my head, but then I found an alternative method by pulling it over the cups instead which has been working very well as it allows the cushion to extend upto the headband, it probably stops interaction with the small wires too.

Most definitely recommended.

Nov 24, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #731 of 750
Sound is very impressive.  Initially I thought them a little bright (I have been listening to dampened MDR-1R a lot), and if there is aggressive treble that is what you get, but it's like being bitten nicely, with plenty of refinement :p

Someone knows his Kama Sutra :evil:

Nov 25, 2014 at 1:21 AM Post #733 of 750
Maximum476: What's your setup? I.e., what are you using to drive the Paradox/what's your source? And forgive me if I've overlooked this, but did you order the Classic or the Slant?

Nov 25, 2014 at 4:07 PM Post #734 of 750
Maximum476: What's your setup? I.e., what are you using to drive the Paradox/what's your source? And forgive me if I've overlooked this, but did you order the Classic or the Slant?

DAC: JKDAC32
Headphone Amp: NJC Audio Monitor 2 (MK1 version without the pre-out or clarity caps)

If interconnects interest you too they are connected with Mark Grant G1000HD's.  The headphone amp has had it quite easy, driving Grado 125i/325is, Superlux 668B, and Sony MDR-1R, when it can apparently drive much more demanding phones.  It is still set on low gain setting now, never had need for the medium or high settings.

I bought the classic, figured if I was going neutral I'd go the whole hog.  I don't feel it is lacking bass like some have said.

Nov 25, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #735 of 750

DAC: JKDAC32
Headphone Amp: NJC Audio Monitor 2 (MK1 version without the pre-out or clarity caps)

If interconnects interest you too they are connected with Mark Grant G1000HD's.  The headphone amp has had it quite easy, driving Grado 125i/325is, Superlux 668B, and Sony MDR-1R, when it can apparently drive much more demanding phones.  It is still set on low gain setting now, never had need for the medium or high settings.

I bought the classic, figured if I was going neutral I'd go the whole hog.  I don't feel it is lacking bass like some have said.

UK gear. I'd never heard of it and had to Google it. But it looks impressive. And very powerful at 2.2W into 50ohms. Right now I'm working with a Fiio E18 only, as I've sold most of my upstream gear in order to set up my incoming custom Paradox Slant and custom Cavalli CTH. I know it's flameworthy to post this out loud, but the E18 is an impressive piece of kit for the price. In any event, I'll have audiophile-friendly gear by the time my Slants get here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back