The T50RP Paradox | reviews, discussion, & mini-tour impressions (index in second post)
Nov 13, 2012 at 9:26 AM Post #136 of 750
Purrin and Tyll use different compensation for their graphs.  Tyll's compensation might be less accurate, as he's already explained multiple times on what he thinks is a neutral response in his compensated graphs (somewhere along the lines of HE-500)

Tyll gives the raw measurements below the compensated measurements in all of his graphs, so those aren't hard to find.  Purrin doesn't, although looking at his graphs vs inner fidelity's, you can conclude that his compensated graphs are about halfway in-between inner fidelity's raw and compensated graphs.

Nov 13, 2012 at 10:01 AM Post #137 of 750
Quote:
Purrin and Tyll use different compensation for their graphs.  Tyll's compensation might be less accurate, as he's already explained multiple times on what he thinks is a neutral response in his compensated graphs (somewhere along the lines of HE-500)

Tyll gives the raw measurements below the compensated measurements in all of his graphs, so those aren't hard to find.  Purrin doesn't, although looking at his graphs vs inner fidelity's, you can conclude that his compensated graphs are about halfway in-between inner fidelity's raw and compensated graphs.

Personally, I think we should call it a cluster**** and call it a day... :wink:

Nov 13, 2012 at 10:12 AM Post #138 of 750
Quote:

I never said they're boring if you're referring to comment's I've made. In fact, I think being bright makes them a little more lively, but I'd only be worried about fatigue. However, if they really are bright, people might be listening them at a lower volume (at least compared to warmer headphones), and that may contribute to the perceived lower bass quantity people are experiencing as well.

"With the pair I have"  I get no indications of these headphones being bright, edgy or fatiguing at all.  Remember, each one is done by hand, and I'm guessing one at a time.  So your results may very.  The ones I have are far from being bright - unless the recording is calling for it to be, or the recording is bad in some way or another.

Nov 13, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #139 of 750
Quote:

I never said they're boring if you're referring to comment's I've made. In fact, I think being bright makes them a little more lively, but I'd only be worried about fatigue. However, if they really are bright, people might be listening them at a lower volume (at least compared to warmer headphones), and that may contribute to the perceived lower bass quantity people are experiencing as well.

I was one of the people saying they had a lower bass quantity.. I think I was having difficulties with the pads, or maybe difficulties with my brain. All I've got to say, is these things don't lack bass. They are so on point when it comes to bass.

"With the pair I have"  I get no ind cations of these headphones being bright, edgy or fatiguing at all.  Remember, each one is done by hand, and I'm guessing one at a time.  So your results may very.  The ones I have are far from being bright - unless the recording is calling for it to be, or the recording is bad in some way or another.

I don't find them bright or edgy or fatiguing.. If anything, I'd call them super detailed and fast, but smooth somehow. Being a grado head, I'm not the biggest fan of smooth highs, but the highs on the paradox definitely aren't offensive. They are very in line, and very detailed. If they are fatiguing, I'd point all my fingers at your recording.

Nov 13, 2012 at 1:19 PM Post #140 of 750
Quote:
I don't find them bright or edgy or fatiguing.. If anything, I'd call them super detailed and fast, but smooth somehow. Being a grado head, I'm not the biggest fan of smooth highs, but the highs on the paradox definitely aren't offensive. They are very in line, and very detailed. If they are fatiguing, I'd point all my fingers at your recording.

Many great songs are crippled (sometimes irreparably) by poor sound engineering and/or equipment limitations.

Nov 13, 2012 at 1:24 PM Post #141 of 750
Quote:

Many great songs are crippled (sometimes irreparably) by poor sound engineering and/or equipment limitations.

You know, it's kinda funny.. The Paradox made poor recordings and masters stick out like a sore thumb.. But, now that I've noticed how poor so many recordings are, I notice it will all my headphones. Basically, the Paradox ruined music for me :p

Nov 13, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #142 of 750
I wonder how my paradox #5 compare to other paradox's, mine are over a year old and from what I'm hearing and what people are saying here; I get the feeling they're a bit different.

Luis told me there is absolutely no difference but idk... :p

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Nov 13, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #143 of 750
Quote:
I wonder how my paradox #5 compare to other paradox's, mine are over a year old and from what I'm hearing and what people are saying here; I get the feeling they're a bit different.

You could ask purrin and see if you could send it in for measurements, maybe.

Nov 13, 2012 at 5:50 PM Post #144 of 750
Quote:

It should be the same. Obviously it won't match the measurements perfectly but they all sound the same. I switch off between 3 pairs regularly and I hear no differences when doing important restoration work.

Nov 13, 2012 at 6:39 PM Post #145 of 750
Quote:

You could ask purrin and see if you could send it in for measurements, maybe.

I already have a few under my belt. LFF brings over production samples now and then to test consistency. They all sound the same, including a random one I happened to hear at a local meet last week.

Nov 14, 2012 at 1:16 AM Post #146 of 750
I say this because one mentions them sometimes being bright (??). I find the treble to be detailed yet never once sibilant. It's not too smooth as butter, nor bright.... it's in perfect balance (neutral :p)

Anyways, I prefer them that way, and can't complain about my pair! They're truly a one of a kind eh LFF ? :wink:

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Nov 14, 2012 at 4:14 AM Post #150 of 750
Quote:
"Bright" means a lot of different things to a lot of different people.

Just one of the many reasons I don't really like audiophile jargon...

I generally go with the usual definitions of "bright" = "treble-emphasized frequency response" and "dark" = "bass-emphasized FR", and thus get the impression that a lot of people here hate emphasized treble (even wanting treble-anemic headphones, like an AD700 with inverted FR) and love emphasized bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back