The t096z REVIEW & Appreciation - Torque's Flagship IEM
Oct 5, 2015 at 4:24 PM Post #16 of 118
All good points.  I found the microphone touching my face to be unappealing but maybe others would more easily ignore it.  I'm completely in agreement with your green and blue valve sound signature impressions.  It's clear we enjoy the same valves, blue, green and red.  Purple doesn't strike me as sounding like a balanced aramture; it gives up too much treble and too much bass.  I tried it with some Celtic Folk but didn't enjoy the muted low end and shifted back to the blue.

Oct 5, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #17 of 118
I didn't listen to the pinky-purple valves extensively, but they reminded me of a single BA IEM I listened to recently.

Regarding the mic when worn over ear... I just went out for a walk with t096z over ear, cable in front, cinch pulled up a bit. The mic side actually felt better to me than the cable side. The mic kept the cable on the right side from resting on my throat. To each their own :wink:

I had much the same experience as before while walking. No wind noise to speak of. Better isolation and stability for me worn up. Green filter is really good for on the go use!

Oct 7, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #19 of 118
I too have received my t096z and so far I am using them with the green value, and I have tested them out on a pono player as well as the FiiO X5 second generation and iBasso DX90.

I will be testing them out with a FiiO amp soon.

So far I have no issues with the cable, sound is loud and clear, on the DX90, I need to lower the volume since it's a bit high on this player, and this includes playing files in flac mode.

I have tested some DSD files on the Pono, and its very clear with the green values.

As for the accessories it as an excellent selection of tips to choose from I am using the tsx series from Comply and SpinFit as well.

Oct 7, 2015 at 6:37 PM Post #22 of 118
I find the purple valve to be the best sounding valve by far for me.

Ahoy, Hisoundfi. Going for the quick, balanced valve, eh?

I like it that they're really quick to switch out, so if I'm heading out or just want enhanced bass I can pop on the green or blue valves. If I'm sitting at home, red is good. Purple struck me as something I'd like occasionally, as well - but not a go-to valve for what I typically listen to.

If you get a chance to listen to t096z with a desktop setup with the blue or green valves, do it Hisoundfi. Sounded really good to me - nice and tight!

Oct 8, 2015 at 1:03 AM Post #25 of 118
Okay, maybe I missed it, but review should mention price and where to buy.
Just saying...

Oct 8, 2015 at 8:19 AM Post #27 of 118
I have to ask: What music genres are you listening too? 
A broad variety.

If you take a look at any of my reviews I have a select list of songs that I use to evaluate gear.

I don't consider the purple to be "smooth" as described but rather the most balanced sound of all the valves.

Oct 8, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #28 of 118
Just curious if there was a show coupon at RMAF, I was there but missed there booth.

Oct 8, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #29 of 118
Hisoundfi: You know I was joking about the Steely Dan thing, right? The must-listen audiophile tracks everyone loves to hate :wink:

But in all seriousness, I agree that the purple valve sounds the most balanced, but I do hear it as pretty smooth. Red is pretty mid-forward. And again, I'm quite surprised with how much I'm liking the blue valves. Not at all what I thought I'd go for.

Oct 8, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #30 of 118
Hisoundfi: You know I was joking about the Steely Dan thing, right? The must-listen audiophile tracks everyone loves to hate :wink:

But in all seriousness, I agree that the purple valve sounds the most balanced, but I do hear it as pretty smooth. Red is pretty mid-forward. And again, I'm quite surprised with how much I'm liking the blue valves. Not at all what I thought I'd go for.
I'm coming to your house right now to beat you up! Lol :wink:

All good buddy. To be honest I try to be as diverse in my music listening as possible, with the only exception being country western, that's the one genre I can't stand.

"she thinks my tractors sexy " or whatever else that song is called sealed the deal for me. I vowed to never listen to any country ever again!

Cheers buddy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back