The t096z REVIEW & Appreciation - Torque's Flagship IEM
Dec 15, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #109 of 118
T096z, I don't think people appreciate it enough. It is the only IEMS with "bio-cell" technology as far as I know, and while people are hyped, and busy with enjoying fostex thx00. I think you all who is fan of bio-cell dynamic drivers would love t096z

May 12, 2016 at 1:07 AM Post #111 of 118
May 12, 2016 at 1:42 AM Post #112 of 118
I really liked these, too @Deviltooth. They're one of the most unique tunable IEM I've tried, and I've tried quite a few.

BTW, I just met Yasu at the Portland meet. Super cool guy!
beerchug.gif

I haven't had the pleasure of meeting Yasu in person but I always enjoy our communications.  The guy really knows his stuff, is dedicated to making Torque a success and is completely open to any and all intelligent criticisms of the products.  I appreciate his zero BS attitude.

As for the t096z: I'm not certain why it hasn't achieved the measure of popularity here that it deserves.  There's a level of thoughtful refinement to the t096z that's uncommon anywhere, even among enthusiast products such as IEMs.

May 13, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #114 of 118
@Deviltooth: maybe it's just that it's hard for a new company to make a name in the increasingly crowded IEM market, even if you make a great product.

I can't argue with that.  It's amazing how competitive the market has become.  At the end of the day we, as consumers, win.  There's definitely been an uptick in quality across the board over the last few years.

Oct 5, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #115 of 118
I am surprised that T096Z doesn't get enough credits and appreciations for an in ear monitors and stock build. T096Z is one of those top tier build/price/quality/performances out of the box, which carries the transparency, huge soundstage for an IeMs and most importantly the organic tonality with great vocal . Not to mention the ability to switch out valves that can provide huge bass while providing similar vocal and overall transparency.

It is very impressive, where many other manufacturers are catering toward synthetic materials such as LCP (liquid Crystal Polymer) or BA (balanced Armatures, I have not seen any good bio-cell micro drivers inside any IeMs coming from a fan of bio-cell drivers from headphones. Bio-cell to me is superior to all other materials.

I wished that Torque would make something similar with Plastic housing instead of Metals and with removable cables already

Oct 5, 2016 at 6:18 PM Post #116 of 118
I am surprised that T096Z doesn't get enough credits and appreciations for an in ear monitors and stock build. T096Z is one of those top tier build/price/quality/performances out of the box, which carries the transparency, huge soundstage for an IeMs and most importantly the organic tonality with great vocal . Not to mention the ability to switch out valves that can provide huge bass while providing similar vocal and overall transparency.

It is very impressive, where many other manufacturers are catering toward synthetic materials such as LCP (liquid Crystal Polymer) or BA (balanced Armatures, I have not seen any good bio-cell micro drivers inside any IeMs coming from a fan of bio-cell drivers from headphones. Bio-cell to me is superior to all other materials.

I wished that Torque would make something similar with Plastic housing instead of Metals and with removable cables already

I don't need plastic though I do wish the t096z had less weighty housings.  I also agree that removable cables are a plus for any expensive IEMs, though I've not had any problems with the existing cable to date.  The t096z is an underrated gem; those varied valves give you a lot of flexibility.

P.S. It appears Torque's newest product is is the AMHE model co-branded with Mercedes-Benz: http://accessories.mbusa.com/mb-accessories/mb-accessories-accessories-electronics/In-ear-headphones-by-TorqueIn-ear-headphones-by-Torque_AMHE303.html

Nov 19, 2016 at 8:29 PM Post #117 of 118
I am new to the club. I bouth t096z for $179 on a sale and so far I am impressed but....In two hours listening to a variety of music I realized I can listen only with the green valves for basically everything from chamber orchestras to acoustic, jazz and heavy metal. For many having so many valves is gravy but for myself I know they will just stay in the drawer. Second, the vocals are too over-emphasized compared to the musical background but with EQ I fixed it. The build quality is very good. For a first time I use triple flange tips but I am in love. In general they provide really good sound but can not compete with Dunu DN-2000J but for the price I paid can not recommend them enough.

Nov 20, 2016 at 6:52 PM Post #118 of 118
  I am new to the club. I bouth t096z for $179 on a sale and so far I am impressed but....In two hours listening to a variety of music I realized I can listen only with the green valves for basically everything from chamber orchestras to acoustic, jazz and heavy metal. For many having so many valves is gravy but for myself I know they will just stay in the drawer. Second, the vocals are too over-emphasized compared to the musical background but with EQ I fixed it. The build quality is very good. For a first time I use triple flange tips but I am in love. In general they provide really good sound but can not compete with Dunu DN-2000J but for the price I paid can not recommend them enough.

You might end up surprising yourself.  When I finished reviewing the t096z I swapped in the blue valves and thought that was that.  Not true though, I've since switched back to the reds as I enjoy what works as a refined sound for watching TV shows and some movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back