The Stax Thread III
Dec 27, 2023 at 8:10 AM Post #24,721 of 25,683
Yeah gotta love that guy ... utter complete incompetence and utter disregard for saftey
adding Wang to the list
I'm sorry, but I don't understand. Could you explain why?

Dec 27, 2023 at 9:43 AM Post #24,722 of 25,683
I'm sorry, but I don't understand. Could you explain why?
This is about to get very entertaining.

I don't want to assume. If you're not him, then I really hope you read all the threads about this guy, for your sake.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2023 at 9:47 AM Post #24,723 of 25,683
Yeah gotta love that guy ... utter complete incompetence and utter disregard for saftey
adding Wang to the list
"Wang" (the builder of @Royal Navy amp) is not

"Kytuphicanh?

Tranhieu?​

Lil'knight?​

Felista?"​

Those names are all a guy in Vietnam called Thuan. If OP's build is from a builder in china, then its not the same person. The chassis style is also entirely different from Thuan's builds.

Based off of the look of the chassis, I also don't think @Royal Navy 's amps are built by JR Audio (who is China based.) I can't speak to the quality of "Wang's" build, but it doesn't appear that he is either JR audio or Felitsa (thuan) so pitchforks down for the time being.

Dec 27, 2023 at 10:06 AM Post #24,724 of 25,683

I don't want to assume. If you're not him, then I really hope you read all the threads about this guy, for your sake.
he bought from a Chinese guy

Dec 27, 2023 at 10:11 AM Post #24,725 of 25,683
"Wang" (the builder of @Royal Navy amp) is not

"Kytuphicanh?

Tranhieu?​

Lil'knight?​

Felista?"​

Those names are all a guy in Vietnam called Thuan. If OP's build is from a builder in china, then its not the same person. The chassis style is also entirely different from Thuan's builds.

Based off of the look of the chassis, I also don't think @Royal Navy 's amps are built by JR Audio (who is China based.) I can't speak to the quality of "Wang's" build, but it doesn't appear that he is either JR audio or Felitsa (thuan) so pitchforks down for the time being.
That's fair, my pitchfork is sheathed (or something), but it's not like there's a lot of T2 builders out there, kinda weird that this pops up seemingly out of nowhere.

Dec 27, 2023 at 10:15 AM Post #24,726 of 25,683

This person appears to have caused a lot of distrust among many people here, right?

However, making conclusions like @hiso67 did, solely based on a picture, seems a bit presumptuous, doesn't it?

Everyone has the right to think and say what they want, but there's no need to create such an atmosphere. I appreciate what Wang did for me, but I don't intend to promote him when he's not even here.

All I wanted was to share a picture of something I eagerly waited a long time to receive.

Dec 27, 2023 at 10:22 AM Post #24,727 of 25,683
This person appears to have caused a lot of distrust among many people here, right?

However, making conclusions like @hiso67 did, solely based on a picture, seems a bit presumptuous, doesn't it?

Everyone has the right to think and say what they want, but there's no need to create such an atmosphere. I appreciate what Wang did for me, but I don't intend to promote him when he's not even here.

All I wanted was to share a picture of something I eagerly waited a long time to receive.
I see that you are based in Vietnam... It's true that I do have Thomas Pynchon levels of paranoia but I'm mildly surprised that you aren't already familiar with The Story of Tran or Thuan or whoever they are.

Not an assumption, just an observation.

Dec 27, 2023 at 11:47 AM Post #24,730 of 25,683

Thanks for sharing. Enjoy the music and ignore the noise!

Dec 27, 2023 at 12:35 PM Post #24,731 of 25,683

Look forward to your thoughts! Please do share once you have had some time to listen. Enjoy your new amp man, its a beauty! I really like the understated black look :)

Dec 27, 2023 at 2:09 PM Post #24,732 of 25,683
I want another estat besides my SR-007 mk2 and Koss 95X, I just don't know what road to go down.

Some people say the L500 mk2 is better then the L700 mk2, the ES-1a is also an interesting headphone. I could go all the way to the X9000 but dunno if its any better then the 009s. I only heard it at a meetup for 10-15 minutes.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2023 at 2:25 PM Post #24,733 of 25,683
I want another estate besides my SR-007 mk2 and Koss 95X, I just don't know what road to go down.

Some people say the L500 mk2 is better then the L700 mk2, the ES-1a is also an interesting headphone. I could go all the way to the X9000 but dunno if its any better then the 009s. I only heard it at a meetup for 10-15 minutes.
Im a big advocate of the older lambda like the lambda nova signature (favorite), sr-404 and if you have a NB jack the sr-lambda. All affordable and sound excellent on basically every amp.

I sold off my 009 and x9k in favor of the 007mk1. But others love them.

Dec 27, 2023 at 2:34 PM Post #24,734 of 25,683
I want another estate besides my SR-007 mk2 and Koss 95X, I just don't know what road to go down.

I've never heard the L500mk2, but I've heard that some people like them more than the L700mk2. The graphs show less of a mid/upper bass hump, so it shouldn't have the warmth of the L700. Also, the earpads for the Advanced Lambda line are interchangeable, so you can buy the L500, then buy the L700's earpads and swap them on for when you want something more similar to the L700's sound. That would be several hundred dollars less than buying the L700, and I don't think you can easily get replacement L500 earpads, so going the other way isn't as easy.

Considering what you already have, I would think that a Lambda-series headphone would be a better addition to the collection. Either the L500mk2 or one of the vintage Lambdas like the 404 would add a different sound more than going up the price chain.

Dec 27, 2023 at 4:42 PM Post #24,735 of 25,683
The Lambdas are appealing, also the older ones - but every single one of them have what I call the Lambda-coloration in the midrange, a bit of honkiness or midrange bump, partly present in every e-stat, but perhaps because of the form factor, I hear it more with the Lambdas. The L500 mk2 might have a little less of it, but I'd definitely go with the leather pads of the L700. So go listen to both, and also to the newest 007.

Compared to my other e-stats and the X9K, the (different) coloration of the 007 Mk1 and Mk2 bothers me more than the acceptable (for me) issues of the X9K, especially if you like open sounding headphones. It all depends what do you enjoy in the music you listen.

There are clearly delineated camps, and while I think (and in some cases know for sure) that people in other camps/bubbles have better taste and/or hearing than me, I still do hear what I hear in a very consistent way, so I can set my own priorities. Keep that in mind when trusting others' opinions: you(r brain) might happen to want something else, or set the compromise on a different line.

Also, you cannot really skip the journey by asking around: in order to discover what you are looking for (and growing up to), you will very likely consume more than one headphone and amp.

So just start with something that sounds good for you and is within the budget. Life brings up the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back