The Stax Thread III
Feb 8, 2017 at 8:50 PM Post #11,075 of 25,621
Sorry, I linked to the wrong post!
I did mean Sorrodje's post!
And the connector is correct, as I explained.
And the connections will not be open once the adapter is connected to the Sennheisser connector from the HE60.
I am not the maker, and I would not pay that much for that cable.
I tried to make a cable like that, but with the female pins in an epoxy mold to guide the connector from the HE60.
More like the solution from AliExpress.
It did not come out as I hoped, so I scrapped the idea!
I have the wrong type of female pins.
I just used a makeshift connector, with the female pins soldered to short cables to the back of the Stax connector, with crimp tube around the connectors/cable separately, and put the female connectors directly to each Sennheisser connector pin.
It works, but not a stable and lasting solution if you move the driver around.
There is not much energy in this cable, so crimp tube is enough to securely avoid sparks; +580V bias only.
Where do you get 1800VAC from?

It's poor safety practice to rely only on the headphone connector cover. It is still possible have hot pins exposed when swapping out headphone. Best to do it right and make it fool proof. I sure would not have that cable in my home.

The 1800VAC P-P is what a KGBH is capable of putting out to drive the headphones.

Feb 9, 2017 at 3:16 AM Post #11,076 of 25,621
Inexxon's adapter is perfectly fine. I have another adapter for my own HE60 and the pins are the same and onece plugged in the HE60 connector, they're not exposed anymore. My own adapter is much less clean though. Inexxonprobably uses a Stax extension cable that already costs 90€ and replace the female stax plug by the  pins you can see + the resistor.  looks like a nice and clean Job. 

yea it's expensive but at least it's available and well made by a trustable craftsman. It's a safe option for lazy people like me . 

Feb 9, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #11,077 of 25,621
I need a new headband pad for my SR-009s. The Stax USA website has some, but not for the 009 and they don't seem to reply to emails. Does anyone know if any of the headpads on the Stax USA site will work with the 009? If not, does anyone know of another source for people in the US? 

Feb 9, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #11,078 of 25,621
Inexxon's adapter is perfectly fine. I have another adapter for my own HE60 and the pins are the same and onece plugged in the HE60 connector, they're not exposed anymore. My own adapter is much less clean though. Inexxonprobably uses a Stax extension cable that already costs 90€ and replace the female stax plug by the  pins you can see + the resistor.  looks like a nice and clean Job. 

yea it's expensive but at least it's available and well made by a trustable craftsman. It's a safe option for lazy people like me . 

If the pins are exposed without the headphone cable connected, IT IS NOT SAFE.

Sheesh.....

Feb 9, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #11,079 of 25,621
I need a new headband pad for my SR-009s. The Stax USA website has some, but not for the 009 and they don't seem to reply to emails. Does anyone know if any of the headpads on the Stax USA site will work with the 009? If not, does anyone know of another source for people in the US? 

Try Plurison the STAX dealer in Canada.

Feb 9, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #11,080 of 25,621
If the pins are exposed without the headphone cable connected, IT IS NOT SAFE.

Sheesh.....

Honestly it took time for me to understand what you meant. but it's because i never thought to plug the adapter in the amplifier BEFORE to plug the headphone on the adapter and i never could think somenone could be that stupid.

Feb 9, 2017 at 2:37 PM Post #11,081 of 25,621
Common sense isn't so common these days. :D

If you DIYed a cable then you are too too smart to do this.

My concern was: to sell or recommend this product to a customer without experience could cause personal injury and or fire issues. It is a kludged attempt that is not ready for prime time.

Feb 9, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #11,082 of 25,621
So, I am almost there to step into the realm of STAX. It will be either the SRS-2170 or the SRS-3100.

However, there is a thing, that I am interested in.

Is there any news on the SRM212, that is shown in the following video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrXFVHIHLl4

It is a year old now.

Feb 9, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #11,083 of 25,621
So, I am almost there to step into the realm of STAX. It will be either the SRS-2170 or the SRS-3100.

However, there is a thing, that I am interested in.

Is there any news on the SRM212, that is shown in the following video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrXFVHIHLl4

It is a year old now.

I emailed Douglas Ip several days ago requesting more updated info. So far only crickets..........

Feb 10, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #11,085 of 25,621
Interesting. I have chatted to Frank Cooter about Audio Note Kit DACs in the past.

Was it this amp? Looks like 6SN7s? but don't know the other big tubes. Nice looking amp indeed! Wonder how much Frank charged for it?

IMO the BHSE can sound at it's best on NOS Mullards, not sure if that was the case when you heard it.

not cheap
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/13E1-ITT-STC-LOGO-NOS-2-PIECES-VALVE-TUBE-RARE-ITEM-/171936068243

Users who are viewing this thread

Back