The Stax Thread III
Dec 3, 2015 at 12:20 PM Post #7,352 of 25,609
I don't believe you can pre-order like that through PJ. Because the Yen fluctuates daily. Don't you have a 24 hour window from the time you reserve your order to pay at
the listed price. If you don't, it defaults to the current currency rate.

So you did reserve a pair in advance. But you're bitching because they didn't refund you a difference two weeks from
the price you paid. That goes with the territory of dealing with fluctuating currency rates.

A fair quibble. But as a customer, I still feel it was dishonest will not be dealing with him again.

Dec 3, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #7,353 of 25,609
Fair quibble. But I still feel it was dishonest will not be dealing with him again.

Why was he dishonest? Do you feel that way because you were charged a higher price before PJ established a baseline?

I had a similar experience, not really.

PJ does indeed have 24 hour window for payment, though.

Day 1 009 was listed at, say, $2500
Day 2 009 was listed at, say, $2800
Day 3 009 was listed at, say, $3000

I reserved my 009 on Day 1. I did not make payment within that 24 hour window.
So I ended up paying the day 2 price of $2800.

The way this works is logical to me. Now, if you preordered through Elusive Disc and their was some price differential I may
be a little peeved. Only because I perceive ED as establishing fixed pricing..

Dec 3, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #7,354 of 25,609

I don't believe you can pre-order like that through PJ. Because the Yen fluctuates daily. Don't you have a 24 hour window from the time you reserve your order to pay at
the listed price. If you don't, it defaults to the current currency rate.

So you did reserve a pair in advance. But you're bitching because they didn't refund you a difference two weeks from
the price you paid. That goes with the territory of dealing with fluctuating currency rates.

Something that would be honored by my dealer and many others.

Also a little silly because they've now lost a potential returning customer - that and news travels fast.

But yeah, he's just 'bitching'.

You joker, lol.

Dec 3, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #7,355 of 25,609
  Something that would be honored by my dealer and many others.

Also a little silly because they've now lost a potential returning customer - that and news travels fast.

But yeah, he's just 'bitching'.

You joker, lol.

I'm only sharing my understanding of how Kaneda explained they do business. 

"
sorry, because our price going up down based on currency change, our order-mail is valid only for 24 hours.

If payment do Not come within 24 hours, order will be cancelled automatically.

Please place your order again when you are ready to pay it."

Dec 3, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #7,357 of 25,609
I'm only sharing my understanding of how Kaneda explained they do business. 

"
[COLOR=222222]sorry, because our price going up down based on currency change, our order-mail is valid only for 24 hours.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]If payment do Not come within 24 hours, order will be cancelled automatically.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]Please place your order again when you are ready to pay it."[/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222] [/COLOR]

Not to beat a dead horse too much. For the sake of clarity there was a drop in the actual Yen value advertised on PJ's website from the presale price to the price shown when the headphones were actually available for them to sell. I find that dishonest.

Lost a customer due their overcharging on the presale, if I would have waited until they actually had product to sell.

Dec 3, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #7,360 of 25,609

A marketing strategy would be to advertize that " .. you will be refunded the lower price margins if prices go down.. ".
And if so I agree you should receive a refund.
But what if the prices go up?
I do not see why anyone should feel bad against a seller for the reason Jones Bob do.
The other reasons mentioned here, not replying to Email when a warranty problem is not fixed, that is more serious!
I do hope more people warn others when this happens.
That would be the death of any business for me!

More transparency would be a start. I just think it's a little cheap of them to do. And for sure that is more serious (imo) - but only because it's more blatant. I think both situations can cause an equal amount of distress (for want of a better word) and bitterness.

It's all about trust really. I don't like the thought of a company doing that or having to tread carefully when I order something online.

Dec 3, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #7,361 of 25,609
More transparency would be a start. I just think it's a little cheap of them to do. And for sure that is more serious (imo) - but only because it's more blatant. I think both situations can cause an equal amount of distress (for want of a better word) and bitterness.

It's all about trust really. I don't like the thought of a company doing that or having to tread carefully when I order something online.

Personally, I think you are being too unrealistic. The price they charge is transparent: It is the best price they can find at the time you order, with all the risks that currencies fluctuate, and retailers could at any time raise or lower their price. I don't really get what your beef is, except that if the price goes down you think you deserve a refund. But if the price goes up I guess you wouldn't want to pay them any more. It isn't like they know ahead of time what's gonna happen with retail prices or currencies. It is transparent already. They tell you the cheapest price they can find at the time you order AND pay, and then charge a handling fee. Sheesh.

Dec 3, 2015 at 4:12 PM Post #7,362 of 25,609
Heh, I'm guessing most of you guys don't buy regularly from Japan and are accustomed to their business practices.  I've been into many hobbies that require proxy buying and buying from shops in Japan for the last 7 years or so.....yeah....this is how it goes....and the norm.  You celebrate when the exchange rate is awesome and cry when the exchange rate terrifies your wallet.  But the shops themselves aren't to blame.  From what I've seen, I'll most definitely pick up my 009 from PJ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back