The Stax Thread III
Jul 17, 2023 at 12:02 PM Post #23,986 of 25,567
People totally forgot the last few pages, what people were thinking. 🙄

Broken record is extremely important because the liars, and the amateur rich have easily hijacked the narrative and think their plywoodman and other headphones are on the same level. 😆

Voce 😆
Funniest schiit I heard.

Jul 17, 2023 at 12:05 PM Post #23,987 of 25,567
Guys it's called the "The Stax Thread." 😆 🤣 😂

Not Voce, plywoodman thread. I'm not over there. Let them be them.

Here at "Stax Thread."

Lambdas and Omegas, rule any else should be called out and made fun of.
If one feels the need for a general electrostatic thread to discuss all of the options, I'm sure they could create the thread and others may follow the discussion. Or there's likely one out there that has gone stale, or not.

Jul 17, 2023 at 1:16 PM Post #23,988 of 25,567
@protoss
I guess Stax has failed then?? LOL, that's funny. I hope you are joking, but if not read-on...

It seems to me that you are trying to "intimidate" people (insult people really) to not admit that there are other earspeakers out there. Some that do certain things better than Stax. Stax is not perfect or the be-all end-all of E-Stats. They have had numerous quality and performance issues with earspeakers and energizers over the years. So buyer beware if you are buying used.
That being said, You do you, I'll do me, but I like the Voce and I am not afraid to tell you (or intimated enough not to).
I also have the Lambda NB, SR-009, and SR-007 MKII. They each have their places and purposes.
Voce has been my go-to for E-Stats for a while, HD800 for Dynamics. But I pull the others out occasionally for certain listening sessions.
Ultimately, it is each individual's responsibility to decide what they like.
It is also up to them to decide if they will listen to an insulting poster and be "shamed' or "intimidated" into becoming a sheep and follow their misguided ranting.

To those others talking about the price, I can confirm it was $2999.99 when released.
Just to throw in my experience with Stax. I was in Audio/Video retail for over 30 years and then spent 15 more in wholesale electronics. In retail I was an authorized Stax dealer among many other fine lines. I currently have 14 Stax headphones in my collection, many of them the earlier standard bias along with high bias more current models. I have never had any issue with any of them or my amps for them. Not a single problem with any of them, some of them now over 40 years old. I have not had such a problem free record with any other brand of headphones.

Yes, there have been some stumbles with the long awaited X9000 release but as other companies they will have to tend to that until they are fully on track with the new Flagship.

Just a few words of my experiences to add to the mix.

Have FUN

A few below…..

Attachments

• IMG_6685.jpeg
    IMG_6685.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6683.jpeg
    IMG_6683.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7202.jpeg
    IMG_7202.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6705.jpeg
    IMG_6705.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0741.jpeg
    IMG_0741.jpeg
    125 KB · Views: 0
  • photo.jpeg
    photo.jpeg
    128.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7709.jpeg
    IMG_7709.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6684.jpeg
    IMG_6684.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4758.jpeg
    IMG_4758.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3922.jpeg
    IMG_3922.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3896.jpeg
    IMG_3896.jpeg
  • IMG_7400.jpeg
    IMG_7400.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 17, 2023 at 1:45 PM Post #23,989 of 25,567
If one feels the need for a general electrostatic thread to discuss all of the options, I'm sure they could create the thread and others may follow the discussion. Or there's likely one out there that has gone stale, or not.

We have been discussing **all** electrostatics here for years and will continue to do so.

And no, we are not "liars, and the amateur rich" (as opposed to the professional rich?) and anyone who wants to call posters here liars should just **** off. He is an attention seeking troll.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2023 at 3:13 PM Post #23,992 of 25,567
@ESL-1
You enjoy the D10?
Build quality is good and I found it worked well on my L700, SR-Xmk3 Pro, SR-Gama pro, SR-Lambda 407 Signature. The SR-007 variants are too hungry for voltage so I did not even try them. Fun piece to have but has fallen victim to my trimming down of my collection.

Attachments

• IMG_7205.jpeg
    IMG_7205.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7203.jpeg
    IMG_7203.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7204.jpeg
    IMG_7204.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 17, 2023 at 3:43 PM Post #23,993 of 25,567
L700, SR-Xmk3 Pro, SR-Gama pro, SR-Lambda 407 Signature
It seems like it accomplished its main goal. When I tried it with the L700/L500/L300ltd it worked flawless. Almost to good to be be true.

it would be cool to see a dap estat amp. A full one on system.

Jul 17, 2023 at 4:07 PM Post #23,994 of 25,567
It seems like it accomplished its main goal. When I tried it with the L700/L500/L300ltd it worked flawless. Almost to good to be be true.

it would be cool to see a dap estat amp. A full one on system.
So basically you want a DAP that has an estat amp! Not a bad idea and it could be built on the 002 platform or a standard pro bias socket. The smaller 002 would just need the dap built built in the amp case.

Jul 17, 2023 at 4:16 PM Post #23,995 of 25,567
So basically you want a DAP that has an estat amp! Not a bad idea and it could be built on the 002 platform or a standard pro bias socket. The smaller 002 would just need the dap built built in the amp case.
Yeah! Love to see this happen. Actually, I would really like it to happen. Simple, efficient and effective.
Also, whole bunch of small portable machines can be great.

D10 dap.
Wa7e dap
SRM-212 dap. On the top can be a screen

Jul 17, 2023 at 4:34 PM Post #23,996 of 25,567
No offense, but this is some weird crap.

The e-stat world as we know it would not exist with Stax, that's not really debateable at all.

Nevertheless, that does not earn or entitle Stax to an "exclusive economic zone" around e-stat products and development, which is essentially what you are describing.

Innovation happens because people believe they see a better way to do something, or offer a more pleasing mix of attributes, than existing products in the market. They gamble their money on their vision, and sometimes the market says "you were right, thanks", and sometimes the market says "eh, not really." And when innovative competitors emerge, that stimulates the 800-lb gorilla company to innovate too.

And as consumers, in the long run we're winners in this eternal treadmill towards better.

You are arguing against progress, and thus against self-interest, here. Like I said, some weird crap.

(edit: I did not write "crap". The edit function changed the word I used, without asking. Interesting.)
Like I said earlier… Expand or die… There is a reason all mighty STAX is owned by a company like Edifier… and is actually improving some stuff :open_mouth:

Oh there’s also the elephant in the room also that everyone constantly talk about 3rd party amplification and crap on STAX amplifiers LOL.

Sometimes this feels like a cult lol

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #23,997 of 25,567
Sometimes this feels like a cult lol
This is a Cult. Seriously lol.
Its almost like sports or politics.

Im going after everyone. People are coming after me. People team attack, the other backs down.
For me i heard next to everything. So, I can hold my own 😎

Its hilariously funny.

Jul 17, 2023 at 5:56 PM Post #23,998 of 25,567
I like to think of this (and all of HeadFi) as a special interest discussion group. Not a cult.

And as a internet forum, what we participate in ... ideally, and typically ... are discussions between people with various viewpoints and experiences.

Taking discussion points as "attacks" is, as a general matter, taking things too personally. The broad goal here is education and comradery with individuals with shared mutual interests, not supremacy in a series of battles of the minds.

My $0.02.

Jul 17, 2023 at 6:27 PM Post #23,999 of 25,567
The SR-007 variants are too hungry for voltage so I did not even try them.
I’m a bit of a noob with the technicals of Stax, but I’m a little confused why you said this. I only have two amps, the T1S and D10, but when I upgraded from the L700 to the 007A, I found that the D10 sounded as good as the T1S for the 007 (which sounded better than the L700). I only need to use about half the power on the D10, as well, before it starts sounding painful. Am I missing something and both amps are crippling my 007 experience in ways I don’t even imagine? :)

Jul 17, 2023 at 7:05 PM Post #24,000 of 25,567
I’m a bit of a noob with the technicals of Stax, but I’m a little confused why you said this. I only have two amps, the T1S and D10, but when I upgraded from the L700 to the 007A, I found that the D10 sounded as good as the T1S for the 007 (which sounded better than the L700). I only need to use about half the power on the D10, as well, before it starts sounding painful. Am I missing something and both amps are crippling my 007 experience in ways I don’t even imagine? :)
No, perhaps a touch over stated. Before I got an amp to really bring out the best that the 007 can offer my SRM-T1 and SRM-006t, both hybrid designs did nothing nothing bad and seemed to sound good, which they did. I ended up next with an SRM717 and the change & improvement was obvious almost immediately. More open, better control and more transparent.

Last year I auditioned the new Eksonic Aeras, mistake. I was listening with a pair of SR007 mkI and comparing to a T2 build that happened to be there at the same time.
Well sure, given carte blanch I would have taken the beautiful beast that the T2 is but that is beyond my wallet’s capacity. Listening to the Aeras with all else the same I was happily shocked and surprised how very good the compact footprint Aeras sounded. There is definitely a bit of T2 DNA at work here.

The electrostatics in home system now sound better than ever.

In the meantime you are having a fine time with your stat set up and really that is what counts more than anything else. Enjoy that beautiful music.

Attachments

• IMG_7709.jpeg
    IMG_7709.jpeg
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back