The Stax SR-L500 and SR-L700 Impressions Thread
Apr 3, 2017 at 5:14 AM Post #556 of 1,866
@alokjuyal ,

It may not align with the travel or schedule for you & your friends, but best bet may be to correlate your guests to the mid-July annual San Francisco meet. When the 2017 thread pops up, post in advance & mention your distance & ask if someone can bring the Staxen model(s) you wish to have friends experience. Some meets ask HF'er's to post whose coming if seats are limited; your guests are always welcome, but may need to enumerate if reserved seating is limited in number.

Usually someone in the big cities like this has a set requested & is very willing to bring it to the meet, and will post in reply that they will bring that set to the meet. Have seen the rarest of brands & models appear this way when requested in advance on meet threads (Sony MDR-R10,... etc) ! Maybe this can work out for you & your friends this way, I hope so.

Apr 4, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #557 of 1,866
Thank you @luvmusik , I am in SF mid July and might take up the suggestion :) thanks much. Shame that there isn't a Stax retailer in SF:frowning2:

Apr 24, 2017 at 6:59 AM Post #560 of 1,866
Until you hear Stax through a KG designed amp........    
L3000.gif

May 9, 2017 at 6:22 AM Post #569 of 1,866
Inner dimensions:
he-90 Orpheus: 55 mm wide, and 85 mm tall

stock plastic lambda housing ear opening behind ear pad without pads 60 mm wide, and 100 mm tall

pad size L-700: 40mm wide, and 80 mm tall

Mrspeakers electrostat
90 mm tall
55.88 mm wide
33.08 mm thick

Last edited:
May 9, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #570 of 1,866
Until you hear Stax through a KG designed amp........

The Stax amps are good too IMHO, just different. I like the relaxed warmth that Stax has over KG designs (I have the KGST, KGSSHV, Megatron and T2 (just finishing)). Just like there are different concert halls, I vary my amps. This morning was a SRM-T1W/ED-1 Sig/Lambda pro sig which was glorious. Aural memory is faulty but I swore it sounded more alive and real than the 009/ED-1/KGST I heard on the weekend. Anyhow ....

The new Stax L 700 is glorious. I love the Lambda form factor and this combines the best of the 009 and the Lambda. Probably my "if I had to pick one" headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back