The Stax SR-L500 and SR-L700 Impressions Thread
Mar 22, 2024 at 8:06 PM Post #1,861 of 1,866
Off topic, but you know the HP-2 headphone stand that I purchased in Japan is made of a different robust wood than the stand I bought at Headamp. Anyone else have had this experience?

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2024 at 8:13 PM Post #1,862 of 1,866
That is up to the individual. I decided to get the L500 mk2 and do the blu tac mod because some people swear its better then the L700 mk2 and I am going to guess that via pure sales volume its the least popular of the line, middle child syndrome lol. I could be wrong about that.

The L500mk2 to my ears is in the same league as the CRBN and the Stax 007 mk2. Once you get to this state of the game its the 80/20 problem.

Also I get why Audeze ships the Topping EAH5 with the CRBN, they pair very well together. I guess the higher voltage or whatever the Topping is doing adds an extra little something to the CRBN driver. Great paring.
I cannot agree the L500 mk 2 is in the same league as the CRBN. I own the L700k and the CRBN and it's not in the same league. Just the built and comfort alone in the CRBN is better than the Stax Lambda series. Then add the depth, dynamics and sound stage.

Perhaps you prefer the Stax sound signature over the CRBN, thus eludes you to make this conclusion.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2024 at 9:13 PM Post #1,863 of 1,866
Usually when I am working from home I use my SMSL SP200 -> Audeze LCD-2 but since I haven't been using my Stax T1S lately I brought it to my work from home setup and listened to the L500mk2, such a good pairing. The T1S is considered an "entry level" energizer but it drives the L500mk2 with authority and has amazing bass with the blu tac mod.

Perhaps you prefer the Stax sound signature over the CRBN, thus eludes you to make this conclusion.

With flat pads I go back and forth between the 007 and CBRN, if I had s Carbon CC I might have different opinions I'm not sure.

Mar 22, 2024 at 10:43 PM Post #1,864 of 1,866
Usually when I am working from home I use my SMSL SP200 -> Audeze LCD-2 but since I haven't been using my Stax T1S lately I brought it to my work from home setup and listened to the L500mk2, such a good pairing. The T1S is considered an "entry level" energizer but it drives the L500mk2 with authority and has amazing bass with the blu tac mod.

With flat pads I go back and forth between the 007 and CBRN, if I had s Carbon CC I might have different opinions I'm not sure.
The L700s provide me a different listening experience. It takes a few minutes with them on my head to start enjoying them. They are so forward sounding in comparison to the CRBNs. But, when, I get into the music, I prefer the L700s for pure listening pleasure. When I want to relax, listen to the music from the middle to the back row of the concert hall, I prefer the CRBNs. The quality, build and overall listening characteristics get checked with the CRBNs over the L700s, but not by much. I would put the CRBNs at the $2k value level IMHO. Now, the Stax 9ks are on a different level by a wide margin.

Mar 23, 2024 at 3:50 PM Post #1,865 of 1,866
Por lo general, cuando trabajo desde casa uso mi SMSL SP200 -> Audeze LCD-2, pero como últimamente no he usado mi Stax T1S, lo llevé a mi trabajo desde casa y escuché el L500mk2, una combinación muy buena. El T1S se considera un energizador de "nivel básico", pero impulsa el L500mk2 con autoridad y tiene unos graves increíbles con el mod blu tac.

Con las pastillas planas voy y vengo entre el 007 y el CBRN, si tuviera el Carbon CC podría tener opiniones diferentes, no estoy seguro.
¿Qué quieres decir con que si tuvieras el Carbon CC podrías tener opiniones diferentes?

Mar 23, 2024 at 4:27 PM Post #1,866 of 1,866
¿Qué quieres decir con que si tuvieras el Carbon CC podrías tener opiniones diferentes?

A Carbon CC amp has way more power and higher quality components then the stock Stax 717 energizer I use as a daily driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back