The speaker stands...
Mar 5, 2008 at 11:01 PM Post #17 of 70
Parts are on order and we're focusing on April Fools day for launch. It's more likely the 15th or so, but we're shooting for having everything ready to go in a month. Balls are already high in the air on this one, they'll be landing soon.

Mar 9, 2008 at 1:36 AM Post #19 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and the amps?

We're hoping a mid-April roll-out for the HeadRoom power amps -- if the stars align....

Keep 'yer fingers crossed!
eek.gif

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Sales/Product Manager

Mar 14, 2008 at 3:00 PM Post #20 of 70
Not sure if this has been posted yet (if it has then I apologize) but I found this while browsing around the HeadRoom website: Products - HeadRoom - Right Between Your Ears

I love the setup (being a mac addict myself :wink:). If only there were some aluminum speakers to match the newer iMac, MacBook Pro or Apple Displays. The headphone stands are a great addition as well.

I can't seem to find a place that sells the Amphion Ion's anywhere ...

Can't wait to get my hands on those stands though!

Edit - I was just wondering if the squeezboxes can be replaced by the Airport Express in the "Network Architecture" webpage on the link above. Is the squeezebox worth the extra money? Does it work well with Mac's?

Mar 14, 2008 at 3:54 PM Post #21 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by modShade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't seem to find a place that sells the Amphion Ion's anywhere ...

Look no further than Fidelis, located about 3hrs from you in Orono.

Quote:

Can't wait to get my hands on those stands though!

Me too, my soldering rig is screaming for a pair.

And I think that either the SB3 or Airport will work fine.

Mar 15, 2008 at 12:41 AM Post #22 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by JorgeC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We're hoping a mid-April roll-out for the HeadRoom power amps -- if the stars align....

Keep 'yer fingers crossed!
eek.gif

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Sales/Product Manager

can you give us more specs on those amps? and prices?

I got my eyes set on a pair of Totem Dreamcatchers. the Dreamcacther sub looks tempting too for it is as small as the bookshelves. the sub has RCA inputs only and the bookshelves can be bi-wired. I think the bookshelves are rated at 4ohm 100w max. what is that in 8ohm? something like 60 to 75w?

Mar 15, 2008 at 2:29 AM Post #23 of 70
Quote:

Edit - I was just wondering if the squeezboxes can be replaced by the Airport Express in the "Network Architecture" webpage on the link above. Is the squeezebox worth the extra money? Does it work well with Mac's?

Yes and yes.

Mar 15, 2008 at 12:47 PM Post #25 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Look no further than Fidelis, located about 3hrs from you in Orono.

That is lovely since Derry, NH is only about an hour away from my hometown where I'll be all summer.
biggrin.gif

The setup that is pictured on the Headroom website was the same they brought to the International Meet in California right? Does it also have a subwoofer or just the speakers?

Mar 17, 2008 at 3:52 PM Post #26 of 70
Quote:

Sure, you can use an Airport Express if'n you want. And, yes, the Squeezbox is worth the extra dough, IMHO, YMMV, but the Squeezbox is THE audionut's widget of the new century in my opinion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Nose!
can you give us more specs on those amps? and prices?

I got my eyes set on a pair of Totem Dreamcatchers. the Dreamcacther sub looks tempting too for it is as small as the bookshelves. the sub has RCA inputs only and the bookshelves can be bi-wired. I think the bookshelves are rated at 4ohm 100w max. what is that in 8ohm? something like 60 to 75w?

Specs? Here's the spec sheet for the amp modules.

We'll have three versions of the amps:
  1. The Desktop Stereo Power Amp will be a 50W/CH stereo amp.
  2. The Desktop Mono-Block Amp is a single channel, unbalanced in, balanced out, 170 Watt mono-block.
  3. And The Desktop Bi-Amp Mono-Block which is a single channel in with two 50Watt amps for use with bi-ampable speakers.
Any of them would drive the Totems just fine, but the bi-amp mono-blocks would be ideal. I'm using them on my desk right now with the Harbeth speakers bi-amped and they are loverly!

Prices? Er, sorry, we haven't finished the bills of materials and time studies yet. It's looking like the amps will be a little less expensive than we thought, and the speaker stands a little more! (Geez! I put too much good stuff into those.) I should have prices by the end of the week; I'll let you know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey
How will these amps/recommended speakers do at low volumes?

We're using the lowest power of the latest generation line of ICEpower modules. I use mine all the time at quite low volumes, and I'm very happy. I really wasn't expecting the level of quality these amps have. It's not Stereophile "A" list quality, but it's more than listenable. Basically, no flaws that stick out, nicely resolving, plenty of umph, makes excellent images on good speakers. I'm very happy with the results and think most folks will feel pretty damned satisfied with the $3 to $5k they spend on a system. I like the Harbeths at low volume more than the Ions as they're more lush and inviting and the more resolving and better imaging Ions sound a tad thin when the volume is quite low. I've got to say I love both speakers, though, I could easily live with either and do as we swap them around often here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by modShade
The setup that is pictured on the Headroom website was the same they brought to the International Meet in California right? Does it also have a subwoofer or just the speakers?

Yup, it's pretty much what we brought to California. And we did have a sub hooked up there, as I do in my office now. For those who want to run subs, we suggest using an RCA splitter of the back of the Desktop Headphone Amp and running one side to the amps and the other to the sub---need to have a sub with a volume control though to match it with the speakers.

Apr 19, 2008 at 5:38 AM Post #29 of 70
on the 12th Tyll had this to say in another thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Speaker Stands and Desktop Power Amps are VERY near. All the parts are in house and we're building product. 80% of the copy is written and stuff is showing up on the website. Check here.

knew a girl back home whos mother taught her to call it her monkey. her grandmother taught her to call it her golden monkey for it could get her anything she wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back