The speaker stands...
May 7, 2008 at 2:03 AM Post #62 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by warpdriver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now we need to see some videos of Tyll jumping on the stands
smily_headphones1.gif

....We're all pushing for that as our next Stereophile ad!
tongue.gif

May 7, 2008 at 4:20 AM Post #63 of 70
Due to my double-vision Friday night, it actually appears that two Tylls can jump on the stand. In any case, the setup with the Harbeths was unreal. They just disappeared and the music extended out into the distance about 6 - 8 feet (the system was against a wall). I liked the Amphions but didn't get the same disappearance, which may be due to some positioning issues. I'd also like to try the smaller ions with the woofer. Regardless, this rig is the real deal and will definitely blow some minds.

May 7, 2008 at 10:53 AM Post #64 of 70
Is it just me or has this set a new bar for desktop audio? I thought I wanted a balanced maxed system and now I'm thinking that the biamped audiophile desktop with those stands pointed at my ears is the holy grail!

May 8, 2008 at 1:27 AM Post #65 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by cooperpwc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it just me or has this set a new bar for desktop audio? I thought I wanted a balanced maxed system and now I'm thinking that the biamped audiophile desktop with those stands pointed at my ears is the holy grail!

no, me too have been looking forward to them from the very first mention of these amps. though, I dunno how I will ever afford them..

or have I misread? what does it mean by pair?

May 11, 2008 at 11:45 PM Post #66 of 70
Here is a pic of my stands in action. They were donated by Headroom for the CanJam giveaway and won by Rudi of Rudistor Audio. Rudi ended up giving them to me.

IMG_0835.jpg

Sep 4, 2008 at 5:41 AM Post #70 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by JorgeC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
....We're all pushing for that as our next Stereophile ad!
tongue.gif

there was a moment at the recent LAOC audio society meet when someone asked Tyll how much weight the stands would take, and he stood up on one, but probably too briefly for anyone to have shot a picture... you just had to be there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back