The speaker stands...
Jul 14, 2007 at 8:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 70

bhd812

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys and Gal at HR sup?

anyhow..

I am thinking of putting a office set in the basement of my bar (actually where you all where at the last visited Chicago meet) and i may need some speaker stands for a desktop location..

Any updates I missed since the hf07 happened? can we do a trade your product for my product (i am joking)

really..anything?

thanks for your time..

Dec 10, 2007 at 9:20 PM Post #5 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by warpdriver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Almost christmas time? Any new info on these stands?

Sure. I've made another pass on the design. Softened up the look a bit and tightened some tollerances. Here's what they look like now:

speakerstand.jpg

We're still on track for a March/April introduction. Don't think you're going to see any prototypes this Can Jam. It'll be put up or shut up this time.
biggrin.gif

The amps are coming along well too. I think we'll have three different flavors: a 50Watt stereo amp, a 150W mono-block, and a two-channel mono-block for bi-ampable speakers (one input and one amp each for the woofer and tweater). I've remained totally impressed with the B&O ICE power amps. I think you'll dig them.

Dec 10, 2007 at 10:00 PM Post #7 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looking forward to their introduction, Tyll.

There you go, mate, something you can't build yourself and can buy from me at full price!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Dec 10, 2007 at 10:04 PM Post #8 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The amps are coming along well too. I think we'll have three different flavors: a 50Watt stereo amp, a 150W mono-block, and a two-channel mono-block for bi-ampable speakers (one input and one amp each for the woofer and tweater). I've remained totally impressed with the B&O ICE power amps. I think you'll dig them.

can you dig it? I can dig it! q:O)

what kind of price range will these be selling at?

Dec 11, 2007 at 3:35 PM Post #10 of 70
Hey they look great!

I just bought a pair of Energy RC Minis and am needing some stands to get them off the desk. I've looked around and I've never seen any desktop stands of any sort meant for small desktop speakers.

Do you have any hard numbers (max height, platform size)?

Dec 11, 2007 at 3:59 PM Post #11 of 70
Dream [audio] computer system...

- Slimdevices Transporter [connected through Airport Extreme Base Station]
- Headroom Balanced Max w/Max Balanced DAC & RK50
- Wooden framework/rack built over them which will act as a stand for a 24" iMac
- Two speakers stands w/two-channel monoblocks & DPS or equivalent power supplies
- I don't really know speakers all that well, but I'm sure a pair of Dynaudio Confidence C1's would be OK.
biggrin.gif

I would [of course] have a pair of AKG K340's and a pair of Grado PS-1's on the two built in headphone hangers... both balanced and recabled with Apuresound V3.

It's fun to dream.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 12, 2007 at 4:59 AM Post #12 of 70
Quote:

I assumed the amps will have their own built in power supply but while they are also apart of the Desktop line will the Desktop PSU play a roll in these amps since it has six outputs on it?

if you already had a Desktop Amp and a Desktop PSU w/ six ouputs. would it not be a way of shaving cost on the Desktop Speaker Amps? and an advantage or not?

Dec 12, 2007 at 1:23 PM Post #13 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by noseallinit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I assumed the amps will have their own built in power supply but while they are also apart of the Desktop line will the Desktop PSU play a roll in these amps since it has six outputs on it?

if you already had a Desktop Amp and a Desktop PSU w/ six ouputs. would it not be a way of shaving cost on the Desktop Speaker Amps? and an advantage or not?

I don't want to speak for Tyll but based on the assumption that Headroom goes ahead with using the Ice/B&O modules I'd say the Desktop PS won't but involved with the Desktop speaker amps. Every one of those modules that I've looked at had its on, on board PS.

And I wouldn't sweat whether or not you can use all 6 outputs on the Desktop PS. I think they put that many on there just because they could.
wink.gif

Dec 12, 2007 at 7:17 PM Post #14 of 70
Quote:

based on the assumption that Headroom goes ahead with using the Ice/B&O modules I'd say the Desktop PS won't but involved with the Desktop speaker amps.

That's right, the ICE module takes AC in and magically turns it into audio out. Don't ask me how, I can imagine, but how did they do it in such a small space? Friggen amazing!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate
PS. I think they put that many on there just because they could.
wink.gif

Or we have evil plans for your wallets in the future.
eek.gif

Dec 12, 2007 at 10:53 PM Post #15 of 70
Quote:

based on the assumption that Headroom goes ahead with using the Ice/B&O modules I'd say the Desktop PS won't but involved with the Desktop speaker amps. Every one of those modules that I've looked at had its on, on board PS.

And I wouldn't sweat whether or not you can use all 6 outputs on the Desktop PS. I think they put that many on there just because they could.
wink.gif

Quote:

That's right, the ICE module takes AC in and magically turns it into audio out. Don't ask me how, I can imagine, but how did they do it in such a small space? Friggen amazing!

really, so this is a really good thing? I'd hate to see these amps specific to the Desktop line anyway.

what else would be in those amps then besides switches and connections? if those modules were just a bit smaller they would fit in a Micro enclosure. wouldn't that be cool for the Micro line if they could.

Quote:

PS. I think they put that many on there just because they could.
wink.gif

Quote:

Or we have evil plans for your wallets in the future.
eek.gif

I don't want to know anymore right now. I'm already tore up over new products, projected new products and projected product revisions. q:O(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back