The Somic Thread--50mm driver open air full size cans pop out of nowhere, sound amazing
Apr 9, 2013 at 1:26 AM Post #391 of 698
You guys got me curious, ordered some from that taobao site.  I'm an open headphone lover so I should like these more than my superlux 681 evo

Apr 9, 2013 at 8:11 AM Post #392 of 698
I already know where I could get them, but I'm not sure if these are really as good as they're hyped to be.... Sure, they must be great for their price, but how much would you have to pay to get a better pair of headphones of the similar kind?

Apr 9, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #393 of 698
For the folks using the Shure 840 pads, how has the fit been? I really like the pads, but they came off the old version of my MD's, which I'm pretty sure had to be stretched to fit them.  The 840's don't sit in the grooves super well on the 463, and only kind of stay on if I wrap them around the outside of the cup instead; but like I said, I really like the pads, and if new ones fit well enough to stay on, I might just order a new pair.

Apr 9, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #394 of 698
Quote:
For the folks using the Shure 840 pads, how has the fit been? I really like the pads, but they came off the old version of my MD's, which I'm pretty sure had to be stretched to fit them.  The 840's don't sit in the grooves super well on the 463, and only kind of stay on if I wrap them around the outside of the cup instead; but like I said, I really like the pads, and if new ones fit well enough to stay on, I might just order a new pair.

@cashnotcredit used a little super glue on the inside edge, where they fit into the groove (on the inside edge of the pad), he said that makes them fit a little tighter!

Apr 10, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #395 of 698
Does anyone with the Somic MH463 have the stock pads, and don't need them?  I bought mine used, and with no stock pads, and I'd like to buy a pair.  I'd like to buy a pair of stock pads, or trade.  I have HE-400 pads, both velour and pleather, HM5 pads, Shure 840 pads and the Turtle Beach pads, can trade any for the stock MH463 pads intact, or willing to purchase.

PM me if interested!

Apr 12, 2013 at 2:51 AM Post #396 of 698
What will be a better choice for replacement pads for the MH463, Shure 840 or HM5?
Which one of them will give me a bigger improvement in SQ?
Which is more comfortable?
Which one fits more snugly on the headphone itself?

Apr 12, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #397 of 698
Damn, that taobao buying agent site is taking FOREVER to process the stages of my order.  I'd say avoid them maybe and use aliexpress.

Apr 13, 2013 at 12:05 PM Post #399 of 698
Hi everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster. :)

Anyone know the best place to get these to Australia? I'm a budget king guy (Jaycar HM5s, ATM50s) so these are exactly the kind of thing I'm interested in. The praise they've garnered, given the price point, is very intriguing. Also, these would be my first open headphone purchase, so that's another alluring factor. Hoping someone can give some advice?

Thank you

Apr 15, 2013 at 7:36 PM Post #401 of 698
Quote:
Hey cute, are the factory wires inside the 463 as thin/spindly as the EFi's?

Exactly the same!  All of these budget phones have the same small diameter wire.  The idea is to build them as cheap as possible, although if you look at the drivers on any headphone, even the Sennheisers use it, ATH, JVC.  But the shorter the run of wire, the less diameter affects the sound.  I worked in the computer field, and USB cables in particular would cause problems if they were over three feet, they all have the specified length, printer cable , network cable etc.  I have done well selecting wire of at least 26 gauge, but prefer 24 gauge for headphones.  The MH463 is probably upward of 40 gauge!  Better wire will bring out details, increased soundstage/separation, tighter bass, and tone!

Apr 16, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #402 of 698
Hmm, what's the general consensus on these headphones? I currently got HD 555 but the plastic has basically fallen off (functions tho) and I thought of buying a new pair. Are these really as good as people say? Do they really match up to Sennheisers and would I get better quality than HD555? I'm still in Hong Kong for a couple of months, so I have a chance to pick these up for 30$US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back