The Somic Thread--50mm driver open air full size cans pop out of nowhere, sound amazing
Jan 14, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #227 of 698
Quote:
The EFI82MT can also be found stateside as the Soniq SH900, it seems. At a massive markup.

Good find! It certainly looks the same... but for $99!:

http://www.jr.com/soniq/pe/SNQ_SH900/

Jan 14, 2013 at 4:14 PM Post #229 of 698
Quote:
Anybody have both EFI82MT and 668B? Interesting how these are if compared directly...

I have both the HD668B and HD681s. Although they are decent headphones for the price, i was not wowed by them whatsoever. They are the only hyped phones that i have purchased that did not live up to my expectations/ hype and my entire inventory are hyped gears. LoL So that tells you something.

So if the EFI82MTs is what cash is saying they are, it will blow the 668Bs away. The low quality built is what i hate most about the superluxes but these somics seems a bit better regarding this department, as well as in sound it seems.

I would have snatched these somics up in a heartbeat if not for my superluxes sitting around collecting dust due to all my JVC gears, esp the S500s. And like WAYNE told me in our PM, i too don't want to spend more on "budget- fi" stuff that i might not like or end up using much like my luxes. Seems too wasteful. But i will be getting these somics eventually just don't hold your breath on it. haha
ph34r.gif

Oh btw i am selling my superluxes, shameless plug!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 14, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #231 of 698
Quote:
JVC S500...? Hmmm... Interesting!!!! What about soundstage of these??? I can't take linear sounding stuff!!!

Huge thread on the S500s:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/621063/the-jvc-ha-s500-appreciation-fan-thread

Believe the HYPE!!! LoL

Not sure what you mean by "linear sounding stuff" But these S500s without modding has pretty decent soundstage for a portable on-ear set of cans. Sound is really dynamic and fun with great tight bass/ sub-bass. Mids/ instrument separation is great with tons of mico details due to the Carbon Nanotube material used. And highs are extended without being harsh/ sibilant. 

But when modded with the HM5 pads and rubber-O-rings, soundstage becomes huge and all the traits listed above become even more evident. What i am hearing out of my HM5 modded sets sounds too amazing for words. That's why I am not in a rush to get these somics or any other headphones tbh. I AM CONTENT!!!
atsmile.gif

Jan 15, 2013 at 9:06 AM Post #233 of 698
I decided to get the Somic EFI-82MT. I was using the ATH-M50 for a while, but after plugging in my TF10s that were lying around, I decided I needed a new set of headphones that sound better. Hopefully these will fill my need. 

Jan 15, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #234 of 698
Quote:
I decided to get the Somic EFI-82MT. I was using the ATH-M50 for a while, but after plugging in my TF10s that were lying around, I decided I needed a new set of headphones that sound better. Hopefully these will fill my need. 

Let us know how you think they sound! 

(In about a month after shipping.)

/rant

Here's the thing that kind of stinks about having an impressions thread on the Somics: there's a good one month gap between the impressions of the first people/person who get(s) therm and the next group who gets them per their recommendation, due to shipping. If you're waiting on more impressions of the EFi, expect a good 2-3 week wait.

Jan 16, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #237 of 698
Quote:
what about the MH489? if they offer the same bang for the buck ratio they should be pretty impressive. They are around 70$ on ebay

I have no idea. I know that the MH463 and the EFi 82 MT are touted as their "flagship" models, but you'd have to check and see.

EFi 82 MT update: These things have some serious bass extension. With burn-in, these things can seriously thump when the song calls for it (see: EDM/Rap music). Soundstage and bass response, a headphone can have both. Who knew?

Jan 16, 2013 at 4:10 AM Post #238 of 698
Mate you seriously do not make this any easier!
I'm so keen to jump the gun because of what your saying!
BASS RESPONSE AND SOUNDSTAGE!!!! For $36!!!!!

MIND=BLOWN!

I'm not so sure if I should entirely yet...
I may have to wait a month for a few more impressions :)
Haha,

Jan 16, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #239 of 698
I'll test my caraudio stuff on these for sure. Let see how they perform on a 'bass i love you' and the chop and screwed track :wink:

how many hours you have on them cash? beside the lowend, how they sound for RnB voice and upper range sparkles?

The guy on ebay says i'll also include a in ear bud to goes along the efi82mt... i'm not expecting anything but if they're from Somic they might be worth something too

4 sets i'm buying in the two last weeks... i'm now officially addicted to headphone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back