The Shenzhen Benjie BJ-T6 / AGPtek Rocker
Apr 6, 2018 at 9:42 PM Post #556 of 775
Is the T6 the best dap at $50?

No, definitely not. It's also known as the AGPtEK Rocker. AGPtEK adopt DAPs from various makers and badge them for themselves.

I don't know who really made the AGPtEK B3 ( probably RUIZU ) but it's far superior to the Rocker, if audio quality is what matters to you. It's also pretty niffty operationally too.

No bluetooth. Plastic case. Odd Chinese way of using the directional button presses etc, but whaw !, have a listen to the sound from the headphone out. Way better than the dead muddy sound of the Rocker.

Battery life is amazing too. Also, it boots back up to where you left off perfectly. And, here's the really special part, it's less than half the price of the Rocker.

If I were you, I'd grab at least one of them fast, before they fade into DAP mythology. You really can't go wrong at the price.

Apr 7, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #560 of 775
It looks like the B03 is still available from Wal-Mart ($25) and a few other sites.

The B3 looks useful for me ☺ The latest version (agptek Bluetooth transmitter receiver) is only $17 at Amazon. That plus a 3.5mm/RCA cable should let me connect from the t6 to our regular home stereo - no more fiddling with CDs ☺

Apr 8, 2018 at 4:16 AM Post #561 of 775
Is the T6 the best dap at $50?

If you can get a T6 for $50 that's a hell of a lot cheaper than the $80 the Rocker is currently going for on Amazon - for what is the exact same thing with a different name stamped on the back.

I like the hell out of mine, with the only drawback being the crappy battery life.

Obviously sound is subjective, I'm basically allergic to treble and if I could remove the high-hat from every album in my collection I would happily do so. So I'm not going to sit here and tell you that my opinion on sound is the final word. I will say that, to me, it is at least the equal of the Clip+ soundwise, which people (myself included) seem to love to the point of obsession.

YMMV but if you paid $50 for it and didn't like it, I doubt you'd have too much trouble passing it along to somebody here and get most of your money back.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2018 at 6:58 AM Post #562 of 775
If you can get a T6 for $50 that's a hell of a lot cheaper than the $80 the Rocker is currently going for on Amazon - for what is the exact same thing with a different name stamped on the back.

I like the hell out of mine, with the only drawback being the crappy battery life.

Obviously sound is subjective, I'm basically allergic to treble and if I could remove the high-hat from every album in my collection I would happily do so. So I'm not going to sit here and tell you that my opinion on sound is the final word. I will say that, to me, it is at least the equal of the Clip+ soundwise, which people (myself included) seem to love to the point of obsession.

YMMV but if you paid $50 for it and didn't like it, I doubt you'd have too much trouble passing it along to somebody here and get most of your money back.
Just did a quick search on Ali. $46 with e-packet shipping, so less than 2 weeks to the USA.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...ossless-Music-MP3-Player-1-8/32816361180.html

Edit: I'd say battery life is bad only in comparison to the ultra cheap <$30 players which can offer 40+ hours on a charge. I get 12ish with mine. None of my more expensive players have 14+ hours on a charge.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2018 at 7:35 PM Post #563 of 775
I ordered last week. Best Alibaba price I found was $42, and going through a mobile device you can get a $4 voucher, brings it down to $38 ☺

(Waiting on shipping to occur - coming up on 7 days, hopefully they'll have it in today, and ship it.)

Still poking around for the best price on a pair of HD 4.50 BTNC. So far I've got $162 at Sennheiser usa, with their 10% off coupon.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2018 at 8:53 PM Post #564 of 775
Im still in love with my T6. Was waiting though for Benjie to release the T8 but I do not see it on their website anymore..

Apr 8, 2018 at 8:58 PM Post #565 of 775
My T6 also has crappy batterylife. Though I have to say that I use it with Bluetooth only. What I noticed is that when I turn the device off the bluetooth is still active which causes the battery to be empty when I turn it on again. To preserve my battery I have to turn off Bluetooth when I shut down my T6.

Apr 14, 2018 at 6:20 PM Post #567 of 775
Playlist format question.

1. I load all of my albums under a top level folder on the microSD called Music, then one level lower I create a folder called Playlists -- correct?

2. Within Music/Playlists I store m3u8 format playlists, using relative addressing, for example (test.m3u8):
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:223,10,000 Maniacs - Because the Night
../10,000 Maniacs/10,000 Maniacs - MTV Unplugged 320/12 - Because the Night.mp3
#EXTINF:256,10,000 Maniacs - To Sir With Love (Live - MTV Unplugged) [Feat. Michael Stipe]
../10,000 Maniacs/Campfire Songs- Disc 2/ 06 - To Sir With Love (Live - MTV Unplugged) [Feat. Michael Stipe].mp3
#EXTINF:351,Bruce Hornsby & The Range - Jack Straw
../Grateful Dead/Deadicated- A Tribute to the Grateful Dead/ 02 - Jack Straw.mp3
#EXTINF:338,Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
../Queen/Queen On Fire - Live At The Bowl/CD 2/06 - Bohemian Rhapsody.mp3

Would a playlist like the above be proper format for use with the 1.2 firmware? The paths all start with "../", since the Music level is one level higher than Playlists.

(I'm using the FOSS Clementine app on my PC for this)

I chose my new headphones - AKG N60 NC Wireless, pretty reasonable price on eBay :) They should fit the bill nicely for my use.

Thanks!

Last edited:
May 4, 2018 at 4:02 AM Post #568 of 775
Hi T6/Rocker People,

Sorry if these have been answered earlier in the thread, but I couldn't find answers:
  1. Can the Rocker play while it's charging?
  2. On startup, does the Rocker re-scan the MicroSD card contents (even if those contents haven't changed)?
  3. I'm aware the operating battery life is relatively short (~6 hours). Does the unit stay charged when it's not on?
Thanks,

Buzko

May 4, 2018 at 7:43 AM Post #569 of 775
Hi T6/Rocker People,

Sorry if these have been answered earlier in the thread, but I couldn't find answers:
  1. Can the Rocker play while it's charging?
  2. On startup, does the Rocker re-scan the MicroSD card contents (even if those contents haven't changed)?
  3. I'm aware the operating battery life is relatively short (~6 hours). Does the unit stay charged when it's not on?
Thanks,

Buzko

Im speaking for T6:

1: YES
2: NO ( Only when diconnect from PC )
3: YES ( but my unit sometimes discharges when I do not turn off BT before shut down )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back