The Shenzhen Benjie BJ-T6 / AGPtek Rocker
Mar 27, 2018 at 8:51 AM Post #541 of 775
My biggest concern with the T6 is how the battery life is affected with the Rockbox port.

After a day of testing, I've found that with Rockbox, on a full charge, you can expect to get around 6 hours of battery life. Which is a little less than the 10 hours of battery the stock firmware supposedly gets (although I don't think mine ever got that, though its hard to tell with its 3 bar battery indicator).

With Rockbox, I used the running time timer (resetting it when it had been fully charged) and for the most part had it playing when it was on over the course of a day.

For my needs, 6 hours of battery is plenty, since I use it mainly on my commute (which is at most 2 hours) and then when I get to work I plug it in to charge (with Rockbox you can have it charge while you listen, although once it finishes charging it will stop charging even though it's still plugged in). Yesterday I tested it out by only charging it once and using it throughout the day at work, not plugged in, and it only died after my commute this morning. So it can actually last me a whole day on one charge.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2018 at 9:31 PM Post #542 of 775
I'm finding the battery gauge to be a little wonky. Most my player will charge up to is 91%. The second I unplug it, it drops to 87%. Seems like it drops to 60% after an hour or so of listening, but then I get a solid 3-4 hours of listening in and it's still at 48%. Reminds me of a car I used to have where I'd get 200 miles on what the gas gauge told me was half a tank, but then the needle dropped like a rock after that and I'd get like 320 total.

I don't think it's the Rockbox counter either, I felt like the original firmware was doing kind of the same thing although it's harder to pin it down with a numerical indicator.

Mar 27, 2018 at 11:56 PM Post #544 of 775
My battery indicator behaves roughly like yours. Impossible to charge to 100%, then it falls pretty quick to 56% or so, then it slow down. Never discharged the thing completely but I estimate between 6-8 hours playtime.

Mar 28, 2018 at 12:25 AM Post #545 of 775
Woah, a good amount of feedback regarding the battery life w/Rockbox! Thank you to everyone, esp @breeman for breaking out of your usual routine with using it, for the info! I think I'll end up passing the Rocker for now until edits are made to the code to increase battery life (if that's even possible idk I'm just a novice programmer), and instead buy more IEMs from the AliExpress Anniversary sale because Head-Fi laughs in the face of my wallet's well-being. I think I can deal with the uncooperative (sometimes) scrollwheel of the Ruizu A50 for a while longer...

Mar 28, 2018 at 2:53 AM Post #546 of 775
Woah, a good amount of feedback regarding the battery life w/Rockbox! Thank you to everyone, esp @breeman for breaking out of your usual routine with using it, for the info! I think I'll end up passing the Rocker for now until edits are made to the code to increase battery life (if that's even possible idk I'm just a novice programmer), and instead buy more IEMs from the AliExpress Anniversary sale because Head-Fi laughs in the face of my wallet's well-being. I think I can deal with the uncooperative (sometimes) scrollwheel of the Ruizu A50 for a while longer...

I'll let you know when it dies completely. Still playing at 12% but last time it got around this low it died.

For my purposes, anything over about 8 hours is fine. I have a Clip+ that gets like 40 hours on a charge, which is amazing, but the truth is I probably never listened to it for more than 8-10 hours at a time anyway before I would plug it in overnight along with my phone, just part of my normal routine.

ETA, there it goes. 9 hours 14 minutes, with the volume changes you might expect and hunting for what I want to listen to next between albums.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2018 at 4:07 PM Post #548 of 775
I realize I'm quoting my own post, but I mentioned these silicone cases, but recently found one that fits even better. The Sony Walkman NW-E390 Series is almost identical in shape and size to the Rocker/T6, and their silicone cases fit great! All that's needed is to cut a little bit out of the bottom for the headphone jack.
Thanks so much for hunting this down! It was the one thing holding me back on ordering - I needed a valid silicone case option so I could add a lanyard (the way I use these).

I just ordered from AliExpress, time to dig up a 128GB microSD :)

Apr 5, 2018 at 5:54 AM Post #550 of 775
I got the agptek rocker and i do like it. 2 questions.
Do i loose bluetooth if i install rockbox on it?
And is it possible change track while screen is off?

Installing rockbox adds a dual boot option letting you choose between rockbox or the original firmware each time you turn the player on. So you aren’t losing any features that the original firmware has since you’re not losing the original firmware.

In the original firmware (rocker 1.2), the only buttons that work while the screen is off are the volume buttons and the power button. However, if your Bluetooth headphones have a skip track button, that will work with the screen off.

In the rockbox firmware, Bluetooth is not currently supported (but may be in future updates). And all buttons (including track skip) work with the screen off, and the screen turns on with any button press.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2018 at 6:49 AM Post #551 of 775
Installing rockbox adds a dual boot option letting you choose between rockbox or the original firmware each time you turn the player on. So you aren’t losing any features that the original firmware has since you’re not losing the original firmware.

In the original firmware (rocker 1.2), the only buttons that work while the screen is off are the volume buttons and the power button. However, if your Bluetooth headphones have a skip track button, that will work with the screen off.

In the rockbox firmware, Bluetooth is not currently supported (but may be in future updates). And all buttons (including track skip) work with the screen off, and the screen turns on with any button press.

Thanks I will look closer on the rockbox

Apr 5, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #552 of 775
I installed the Rockbox firmware a couple of days ago and so far quite like it. One feature I really appreciate is the button lock. There are lots of other pretty cool additions to but I haven't delved into it in depth yet. Love the way the auto screen off fades to black :)

Apr 6, 2018 at 2:05 AM Post #554 of 775
With the talk about RockBox… One issue I've always had with the stock firmware which is echoed by the AGPtEK firmware I now use… When you turn the unit on with the Bluetooth off it still does something Bluetooth-y and disrupts existing Bluetooth pairings between other devices. In my case, simply turning on my T6 causes a pause in the playing from my ASUS ZenPad 3S 10 and Sony XB20. I can just hit the play/pause button to resume playback so its not a big deal like making me re-pair would but it is annoying.

Does this still happen when you boot into RockBox (obviously with Bluetooth set to off)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back