The Shenzhen Benjie BJ-T6 / AGPtek Rocker
Feb 8, 2018 at 6:26 PM Post #451 of 775
I presume this would be an upgrade in output sound quality over Moto G4 phone? (G4, not G4 Plus or Play)
https://www.reddit.com/r/MotoG/comments/4vt7y4/how_is_the_moto_g4s_dac/
"Moto G4 uses the DAC built in to the Snapdragon 617 SoC. You could take a look at the DaC quality of other phones with a Snapdragon 617. You could even look at phones with the Snapdragon 616 or 615, as they have an identical DAC."
Review with sound testing: https://www.gsmarena.com/lenovo_moto_g4-review-1458p7.php

To me, it sounds bad after my OnePlus One phone, which unfortunately died out of the blue, and the Moto G4 was a cheap replacement. Now that I have nicer headphones (V-Moda M-100), I feel like maybe a DAP would do them more justice than my phone. But if there won't be a noticeable difference with Benji T6 or something like Xduoo X3 or D3 nano over my phone, I'll save some money sticking with my phone. Any advice would be appreciated!

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2018 at 7:14 PM Post #452 of 775
… Now that I have nicer headphones (V-Moda M-100), I feel like maybe a DAP would do them more justice than my phone. But if there won't be a noticeable difference with Benji T6 or something like Xduoo X3 or D3 nano over my phone, I'll save some money sticking with my phone. Any advice would be appreciated!
I'd point out that for about $50 (the cost of the Benjie T6) plus the cost of a SD card of your choice that you won't have filled up your phone's memory with music files and worn down the battery listening to music so its dead when you want to make a call or get on the net. And that's regardless of whether it sounds better or not. I'd also guess that it'll sound better.

Feb 8, 2018 at 8:21 PM Post #453 of 775
I'd point out that for about $50 (the cost of the Benjie T6) plus the cost of a SD card of your choice that you won't have filled up your phone's memory with music files and worn down the battery listening to music so its dead when you want to make a call or get on the net. And that's regardless of whether it sounds better or not. I'd also guess that it'll sound better.

That's actually not a problem at all. My phone accepts a micro SD card too, and battery life is excellent listening to music with screen off. I'm only concerned about sound quality.

Feb 23, 2018 at 9:29 PM Post #454 of 775
That's actually not a problem at all. My phone accepts a micro SD card too, and battery life is excellent listening to music with screen off. I'm only concerned about sound quality.

Stick to your phone for listening to music. I have wasted several hundreds of dollars on a number of chinese DAPs (those that cost < $50) which are now gathering dust. Most of them are absolute trash in SQ, software and battery life. The only one that I use is FiiO X3 2nd gen. FiiO is one of the better quality chinese DAPs.

Feb 24, 2018 at 1:05 PM Post #455 of 775
Stick to your phone for listening to music. I have wasted several hundreds of dollars on a number of chinese DAPs (those that cost < $50) which are now gathering dust. Most of them are absolute trash in SQ, software and battery life. The only one that I use is FiiO X3 2nd gen. FiiO is one of the better quality chinese DAPs.

Can you share your thoughts on each model that you have tried?

Feb 25, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #457 of 775
Can you share your thoughts on each model that you have tried?
I mostly bought DAP's made by Teclast and Newsmy and a few other brands that disappear after each production run :unamused:. I think the SoC inside were either from RockChip or Actions Semiconductor. The biggest issues were uneven frequency response( no bass at all ) and battery that discharges quickly. Wasted around $200 and decided never to buy these cheap DAPs.

My 12 year old Samsung Yepp is still working and has the best firmware for its size.:astonished: After speaking to a few chinese friends, I came to realize that the chinese factories have to constantly produce something new in order to survive. Their goal is not quality but cash flow.

Stick to Japanese, Korean or high end Chinese companies(those that sell abroad too) for any electronics and stop wasting your time and money on these cheap things.

Feb 25, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #458 of 775
I like my cheap Benjie S5

Feb 25, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #459 of 775
I'm happy with my cheap Benjie K9, AGPtEK 16 GB A20, Ruizu X02. They provide decent sound and definitely aren't lacking bass. Granted, spending 4x the amount, $100 vs $25, will get plenty more features but nothing beats the battery life of these inexpensive players and overall it just makes music play quality they have.

Feb 25, 2018 at 6:18 PM Post #460 of 775
I mostly bought DAP's made by Teclast and Newsmy and a few other brands that disappear after each production run :unamused:. I think the SoC inside were either from RockChip or Actions Semiconductor. The biggest issues were uneven frequency response( no bass at all ) and battery that discharges quickly. Wasted around $200 and decided never to buy these cheap DAPs.

My 12 year old Samsung Yepp is still working and has the best firmware for its size.:astonished: After speaking to a few chinese friends, I came to realize that the chinese factories have to constantly produce something new in order to survive. Their goal is not quality but cash flow.

Stick to Japanese, Korean or high end Chinese companies(those that sell abroad too) for any electronics and stop wasting your time and money on these cheap things.

With all the rebranding and duplication that goes on, you pretty much have to evaluate these things on a case-by-case basis. You can have two players from the exact same brand name, one is great and the other is garbage.

Samsung's modern origins are very much like that of some of the Chinese companies you are talking about, and look where they are today. I have several Samsung devices (two phones and a TV) and they are wonderful. But 20 years ago Samsung products were below second-rate.

Feb 25, 2018 at 6:33 PM Post #462 of 775
The problem is no objective reviews exists for these DAPs. The only way to check is to buy them and evaluate. I did that and most of them suck!

I haven't heard much of anything negative about the player that this thread is about. Do you have experience with that one?

Also there is an "obscure Chinese DAP" thread here that could certainly use all the opinions and critiques you can offer on specific devices.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2018 at 7:36 PM Post #464 of 775
I haven't heard much of anything negative about the player that this thread is about. Do you have experience with that one?

Also there is an "obscure Chinese DAP" thread here that could certainly use all the opinions and critiques you can offer on specific devices.

You literally can't change songs with the screen off. That seems pretty negative to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back