The Sennheiser Orpheus 2? A First Look At The Sennheiser HE-1 (The New Orpheus)
Nov 26, 2015 at 10:09 PM Post #1,081 of 2,918
  Be honest though if you had the choice of getting a Sennheiser headphone for $55K OR a high end sound system for $55K complete with tube amp and dual 12 inch subwoofers etc the finest in horns etc which would you take?

Keep in mind either of them will be given to you for free.

I'll take the headphones. I don't even like loudspeakers that much. This is very much a personal preference thing.

(But I'm sure I'll get around to getting a high-end speaker system too, sooner or later.)

Nov 26, 2015 at 10:20 PM Post #1,082 of 2,918

Be honest though if you had the choice of getting a Sennheiser headphone for $55K OR a high end sound system for $55K complete with tube amp and dual 12 inch subwoofers etc the finest in horns etc which would you take?

Keep in mind either of them will be given to you for free.

I don't see there would be any question, the speaker system without a doubt.

Nov 26, 2015 at 10:33 PM Post #1,083 of 2,918
  I don't see there would be any question, the speaker system without a doubt.

heh yeah me to.

And I would use my cash in my bank to buy the new Fostex X00 for only $400 which IMO I prefer over the Orpheus with its magnesium alloy and mahogany wood from Africa. Not to mention looks, better looking than Orpheus or anything by Sennheiser IMO

Nov 26, 2015 at 10:39 PM Post #1,084 of 2,918

I'll take the headphones. I don't even like loudspeakers that much. This is very much a personal preference thing.

(But I'm sure I'll get around to getting a high-end speaker system too, sooner or later.)

Do you have any type of AV system, 5.1 or such?

Nov 26, 2015 at 10:45 PM Post #1,085 of 2,918

If you heard these, you would easily change your mind :)

Thankfully I was able to hear audiophile loud speaker in my lifetime even though I don't own them I remember the experience at a store, and will never forget it. Its fun times 1 trillion compared to my previous Denon D5000 headphones.

Nov 26, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #1,086 of 2,918
  Offcourse unlimited source of funds could get you better than the 55K Sennheiser Orpheus. If one has about Quarter Million dollars you could always get one of these

Acapella Spharon Excalibur Speakers

And its as German as you can get aswell. Dunno why anyone would though, in reality you can get an American made Klipsch for only $10,000 thats just as good.

Yep, $8k will get you one of the finest speaker systems made, the new La Scala's. Plus $2k for a subwoofer system and you'll be in great shape.

Nov 26, 2015 at 10:50 PM Post #1,088 of 2,918
  Yep, $8k will get you one of the finest speaker systems made, the new La Scala's. Plus $2k for a subwoofer system and you'll be in great shape.

^ yeah huge props to Klipsch they manage Audiophile grade speakers at a budget most can afford.

Infact check out their Bookshelf line on Amazon for $135 and you can pick out a nice AMP of your choice

http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-KB-15-4-Inch-Bookshelf-Speakers/dp/B00AS3X740/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1448596117&sr=8-2&keywords=klipsch+bookshelf

5 solid stars out of 72 ratings. For $135 a pair? These people are legends.

Nov 26, 2015 at 10:53 PM Post #1,090 of 2,918
One question the Klipsch speakers is the gold ones simply for decoration? vs the White/Silver?

Or there is something about the gold that affects audio? I always wondered about their speakers it looks so unique.

Nov 26, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #1,091 of 2,918

No, because, like I said, I prefer headphones, so I'm not going to spend my money on something I don't even like as much.

Ok, but one day when you have a chance stop by a decent AV store and watch part of Jurassic World. I can't imagine giving up these capabilities for headphone listening only.
But your choice for sure.

Nov 26, 2015 at 11:18 PM Post #1,092 of 2,918

You would have to drop a pretty penny on the room to get the most out of it. You also do not have a source. I would not doubt another $5k on realtraps and source to really max it out. That $20k though is about as far as I would go with headphones, at that point you really do have the bardo, carbon and 009 that I mentioned with plenty of loot left over if you go grey market on the 009.

Nov 27, 2015 at 12:29 AM Post #1,093 of 2,918
  Ok, but one day when you have a chance stop by a decent AV store and watch part of Jurassic World. I can't imagine giving up these capabilities for headphone listening only.
But your choice for sure.

I saw Jurassic World in a theater. Big, bold speakers don't impress me. I want sound quality, not merely sound quantity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back