The Sennheiser HD-600 thread
Dec 28, 2008 at 3:34 AM Post #226 of 672
I just got the HD600 a few days ago from a fellow headfier...

These are very interesting cans...Everything sounds so smooth, not too dark or too bright...Its like butter coming out of these things...I am really enjoying these so far with my electronica music. The soundstage is really wide and the imaging is excellent along with excellent detail. The bass is also fantastic..very controlled bass which is the opposite of the D2000 (somewhat boomy bass)

So far, it is doing everything better than the Denon D2000...Which I may sell sometime soon.

Dec 28, 2008 at 10:31 AM Post #231 of 672
Dec 28, 2008 at 10:43 AM Post #232 of 672
I believe burn in does exist, however it is extremely minimal with the HD600's. I also believe a lot of the impressions of what people to consider burn-in to be getting use to a new sound (so to speak).

Dec 28, 2008 at 10:47 AM Post #233 of 672
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbd2884 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These Senn Woodies absolutely beautiful I think: http://headphile.com/hd12.jpg

I think those headphones are absolutely beatiful, I think we should all chip in and buy me a pair.
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 28, 2008 at 10:57 AM Post #234 of 672
speak of the devil. anyway are those the headphile woodies you got on yours by the way? We were talking about them a few months back but I forgot what they were

Dec 28, 2008 at 12:05 PM Post #235 of 672
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbd2884 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These Senn Woodies absolutely beautiful I think: http://headphile.com/hd12.jpg

Yeah those look amazing. If I had money to throw around, I wouldn't mind getting my 600s done up like that.

I'll have to look around for more impressions on how they affect sound. It'll be interesting reading up on them.

You know what's surprising is that with all of the 600/650 modding, I'm surprised nobody has decided to make a 'foam' replacement for those who choose to remove the foam, but want to put something protective between their ears and the driver. I'm awaiting somebody to start selling silk coverings.

Dec 28, 2008 at 12:11 PM Post #236 of 672
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
speak of the devil. anyway are those the headphile woodies you got on yours by the way? We were talking about them a few months back but I forgot what they were

I believe that's a one-time Senn HE woodie by Larry. He is not offering to 'woodie' any more Senn HE cans.

Dec 28, 2008 at 12:12 PM Post #237 of 672
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They sure are. They may make them look interesting (to say the least), but I find the sonic qualities to be higely improved with them. Plus the wood makes them look even more impressive despite not bieng aethstetically pleasing (which seems to have people more open to the idea of a quality pair of headphones).

Dec 28, 2008 at 2:36 PM Post #239 of 672
I suspect that they'll have any sound difference with those woodies since those are not in the way of soundwaves.

Dec 28, 2008 at 7:33 PM Post #240 of 672
The woodies are "in the way" of the backwave.

I sold mine to Maus before trying them, as I got them in a trade and wasn't interested in taking apart my HD600 to install them, when they already sounded good "as is".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back