The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family!
Jan 9, 2015 at 6:21 PM Post #1,381 of 1,909
Anyone whose ordered the uber stack notice the different finishes on the aluminium? The Magni 2 Uber seems to have a bright and smooth finish, like a slight polish after being brushed. While the Modi 2 Uber is dull, dark, and rough on touch. 

Jan 9, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #1,383 of 1,909
High Fidelity

I believe during shipping a component inside you Magni 2 came loose. As the rattling everyone has been mentioning is in reference to the Modi 2 Uber input switch, which in response Schiit said, "It is normal for how it is put together. The input switch is sandwiched between the chassis and the internal button.  It will move."

Jan 9, 2015 at 6:36 PM Post #1,384 of 1,909

The Modi 2 is also darker and rougher, but at least it sparkles!

I have a bit of OCD, cant stand that they're not the same as the pictures on their website.

Jan 9, 2015 at 7:24 PM Post #1,386 of 1,909

Here is a photo of the two Ubers next to each other.

At least the differences in color and whatnot are subtle enough. When viewed from a distance, even my Modi 2 and Magni 2 Uber look nearly the same.

Oh, no. I already have my stack. Ordered it the day announced it and arrived on 12/26, just never created a head-fi account until to post about it. 

Edit:

Since I'm a new user, head-fi won't let me upload any pictures. So I uploaded them to tinypic.
http://oi62.tinypic.com/24npjlj.jpg

Jan 9, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #1,388 of 1,909
I ordered a Modi 2 Uber this morning. I emailed support, Nick thinks it will ship either Monday or Tuesday. Looks like the Schiit is flowing smoothly. I might have it on Wed. or Thu, saweet....

Jan 9, 2015 at 8:40 PM Post #1,389 of 1,909
I got my Magni 2 Uber in this week. Using it with my HE-400. I was previously using my brother's Fiio e12 portable amp, and man what an upgrade. I can't harp on the e12 too much being it's portable, but man was I blown away by how much better a dedicated desktop amp is.

The Magni 2 Uber has a muting relay that mutes the output for 8-10 seconds, then the amp clicks. I have a couple of questions that will probably be really silly sounding to most of you, but I just want to be certain. So:

1. If my head phones are plugged in when I turn it on, are they supposed to make a clicking noise when the amp does?
2. Am I supposed to not have my headphones plugged in when turning the amp on and off? I know it's usually best practice to do so, but I thought solid state amps, especially with muting relays, were pretty well a non issue for leaving headphones plugged in.

Thanks

Jan 9, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #1,390 of 1,909
  I got my Magni 2 Uber in this week. Using it with my HE-400. I was previously using my brother's Fiio e12 portable amp, and man what an upgrade. I can't harp on the e12 too much being it's portable, but man was I blown away by how much better a dedicated desktop amp is.

The Magni 2 Uber has a muting relay that mutes the output for 8-10 seconds, then the amp clicks. I have a couple of questions that will probably be really silly sounding to most of you, but I just want to be certain. So:

1. If my head phones are plugged in when I turn it on, are they supposed to make a clicking noise when the amp does?
2. Am I supposed to not have my headphones plugged in when turning the amp on and off? I know it's usually best practice to do so, but I thought solid state amps, especially with muting relays, were pretty well a non issue for leaving headphones plugged in.

Thanks

1. Yes.
2. With the muting relay, you can have the headphones plugged in all the time. It's safe.

Jan 9, 2015 at 9:01 PM Post #1,393 of 1,909
hey so im listening to my dt990 600ohms on the magni/modi uber stack and my only question is, is there any way to go louder? It seems like I need maybe 15-20 percent more volume at MAX level..

I'm assuming your computer's volume setting is already at maximum.

The Magni 2 Uber "only" outputs 160 mW RMS per channel
 at 600 ohms.

Jan 9, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #1,395 of 1,909
I really do apologize for the upcoming post:

Can you translate to english for me?! xD

Are the volume settings on your computer and your audio player (whatever software you use to play music) at maximum?

The impedance of your headphones is 600 ohms. With any given amp, they won't reach volume levels anywhere near as high as headphones that have lower impedance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back