The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family!
Jan 10, 2015 at 2:17 AM Post #1,411 of 1,909
Sennheiser HD 650 are 300 ohms...

Oops, my bad. I had those darn 600 Ohm Beyers polluting my brain
redface.gif

Q701 have a maximum input impedance of 200 mW.

?
confused.gif

Jan 10, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #1,413 of 1,909
I take from all the replies that everything is operating as it should and I should be happy xD

I loked up the specs on the Beyerdynamic dt990 600 Ohms cans. As you've said the maximum power is 100 mW, The specs say it's sensitivity is 96 dB at 1 mW. I take out the calculator and find that at 100 mW you'll get 117 dB. So don't expect more. If you're listening to hiphop or modern music that is compressed this should loud enough to drive you mad. So we see that the Mani 2 Uber or non Uber should supply enouogh power. If you need more loudness, either there's something else wrong in the chain or you better get those ears looked at.
I few years ago I had a scare, everything was low in volume and my FR wasn't right. I went to the doctor, once he cleared out the earwax I was back to normal. Scared the Schiit out of me.

Jan 10, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #1,414 of 1,909
  Maybe because Beyer say max input is 100mW?

HD650 (600 Ohms) need less voltage than Q701 (60 Ohms) and about 1/12 the power to get same sound levels, HiFiMAN HE-6 (52 Ohms) need about 150 times the power to get to the same levels as the HD650 - just sayin'

Yeah, that's definitely a factor.

Epic fail about listing the wrong impedance.

I wasn't saying that impedance was the only thing to worry about; I was just saying that 600 ohm headphones tend to need more juice than most others.

I few years ago I had a scare, everything was low in volume and my FR wasn't right. I went to the doctor, once he cleared out the earwax I was back to normal. Scared the Schiit out of me.

Haha. This makes me want to tell the story of when I went to a foot doctor who jammed a giant needle into my foot, froze it, then lasered off a chunk of my sole, but I won't tell. Oh, wait...
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 10, 2015 at 10:52 AM Post #1,415 of 1,909

Haha. This makes me want to tell the story of when I went to a foot doctor who jammed a giant needle into my foot, froze it, then lasered off a chunk of my sole, but I won't tell. Oh, wait...
evil_smiley.gif

I had to take my son when he was 3 to the foot doctor for a thing on his big toe. Back then lasers were not used, it was an electrical zapping. The little guy was terrified but he took his Schiit like a man. 
eek.gif
 He has one other thing in common with you, QC15's.

Jan 10, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #1,416 of 1,909
  I had to take my son when he was 3 to the foot doctor for a thing on his big toe. Back then lasers were not used, it was an electrical zapping. The little guy was terrified but he took his Schiit like a man. 
eek.gif
 He has one other thing in common with you, QC15's.

A month or two after that, seven more warts came back in the place of the one, so I had to use an even more painful method to remove them: something that looked like a Q-tip, but froze them off. After that, they never came back, because the doctor said it was viral and would pass in time. But enough of such grotesque topics.

You mean he uses your QC15, right? hehe

Jan 10, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #1,417 of 1,909

A month or two after that, seven more warts came back in the place of the one, so I had to use an even more painful method to remove them: something that looked like a Q-tip, but froze them off. After that, they never came back, because the doctor said it was viral and would pass in time. But enough of such grotesque topics.

You mean he uses your QC15, right? hehe

He has his own QC15's. He's not 3 anymore, been to combat in the desert and all. He gets his own Schiit now.

Jan 10, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #1,418 of 1,909

Mr.StanD,

You scare easy.  

Have you had a Blood Work-up? , Vitamin D is taking off in realized importance, make sure you up (maybe double your dosage to 2,000iu), they're tracing low D to result in horrible.  

Tony in Michigan

ps.  I wonder how many folks base their audio decisions on ears filled with wax? You make a good point!

Jan 10, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #1,419 of 1,909

Mr.StanD,

You scare easy.  

Have you had a Blood Work-up? , Vitamin D is taking off in realized importance, make sure you up (maybe double your dosage to 2,000iu), they're tracing low D to result in horrible.  

Tony in Michigan

ps.  I wonder how many folks base their audio decisions on ears filled with wax? You make a good point!

I've been taking 2,000 IU of D for a long time. CoQ10 is another good thing.
Ever since, I rinse my ears at every shower to mainain a good FR.

Jan 10, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #1,420 of 1,909
hey so I got a hold of some dark side of the moon 24bit 192khz and when i AB tested with my krk rokit 5s and the beyers on FULL on the magni it just sounded so quiet, I dont know how to explain it. Even my brother in law agreed he enjoyed sound oiut of the krks, it sounds like the beyers are lacking power.

Jan 10, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #1,421 of 1,909
hey so I got a hold of some dark side of the moon 24bit 192khz and when i AB tested with my krk rokit 5s and the beyers on FULL on the magni it just sounded so quiet, I dont know how to explain it. Even my brother in law agreed he enjoyed sound oiut of the krks, it sounds like the beyers are lacking power.

Maybe something has gone wrong with the Beyers?

Jan 10, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #1,425 of 1,909
EDIT: HOLY **** I HAD THE AMP ON LOW IMPEDENCE, GG MY LIFE! THIS SOUNDS CRAAAAAAAZY NOW LOL, im such an idiot someone a few pages back told me to check too. Did i damage anything runnning it on low impedence?

You mean the amp was on the low gain setting instead of the high gain setting.

But I thought you switched between them before already...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back