The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family!
Jan 7, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #1,292 of 1,909
I'm a little impatient to wait for days before I can use the desktop setup with the HD 590 and am tempted to try it with my 25-watt guitar amp. I've used headphones of far lower impedance with it before, so I don't think I would damage anything.

Does anyone beg to differ before I plug in?

Jan 7, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #1,295 of 1,909
the one word answer is NO, 
i will say, i come from gradoland, so a little treble doesn't bother me
i think i said somewhere earlier in the thread, the bass is controlled, snappy, fast, the mids present, and the treble is nice, extended, plenty of detail.
now it isn't as good as the woo wa3 i had just before the vail/magni combo, but i think it the t1 sounds just fine with the magni2u 
Hmmm. Skylab has both, wa3 and Darkvoice 336se, ranked at 17, so if you say the M2U is a step down from the wa3, it's probably a step down from the dv336 as well. That's kind of a bummer to hear, but at 50% of the cost, not sure what I was expecting. :D I think I'll probably buy one and give it a try myself. Thanks!

Jan 7, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #1,297 of 1,909
  I'm a little impatient to wait for days before I can use the desktop setup with the HD 590 and am tempted to try it with my 25-watt guitar amp. I've used headphones of far lower impedance with it before, so I don't think I would damage anything.

Does anyone beg to differ before I plug in?

Wow, never mind. Even just plugging a mini stereo cable and adapter from my computer to the guitar amp's input made lots of crazy noises.

Jan 7, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #1,299 of 1,909
Hmmm. Skylab has both, wa3 and Darkvoice 336se, ranked at 17, so if you say the M2U is a step down from the wa3, it's probably a step down from the dv336 as well. That's kind of a bummer to hear, but at 50% of the cost, not sure what I was expecting.
biggrin.gif
I think I'll probably buy one and give it a try myself. Thanks!

well, for $150, that's not a whole lot , and if you don't like it, you can return, ot sell it here, someone would snap it up, but if i were a  betting man i'd bet you'd like it 

Jan 7, 2015 at 7:54 PM Post #1,304 of 1,909

Nice, man. The scary thing is this doesn't approach the true epicness of that headphone's bass capabilities. There are some crazy videos out there.

Are the HM5 pads more comfortable? I prefer the look of the stock pads.

Jan 7, 2015 at 7:56 PM Post #1,305 of 1,909
They are a million times more comfortable and I swear it sounds better with the HM5 too. It's hard to get the paper to move right. It can vary hugely depending how you have the earpads and paper. I just got tired of fiddling with it because I wanted to listen to music. I'll leave the real in depth stuff to HBB and others lol.
The stock pads are for people with tiny tiny ears. You can tell they are much smaller in diameter. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back