The Schiit SACD/DSD Research Thread--Your Chance to Win a Bifrost!
May 4, 2012 at 6:15 AM Post #271 of 333
1. Are you familiar with SACD? DSD?

Yes

2. Do you own any SACDs? 

a few, Sound of Music OST, Diana Krall

3. If so, what percentage of your collection is SACD vs CD or files?

1% SACD against CD

4. Is SACD/DSD decoding an important consideration when you're looking for a DAC? 

yes, especially for multi-channel function

5. If you owned a DAC that could be upgraded to playing SACD/DSD, what would you pay for the upgrade?

$300-500

May 4, 2012 at 8:35 AM Post #272 of 333
Quote:
Yes.
2. Do you own any SACDs?
No. 
90% files (mostly lossless), 10% CDs
4. Is SACD/DSD decoding an important consideration when you're looking for a DAC?
No. 
5. If you owned a DAC that could be upgraded to playing SACD/DSD, what would you pay for the upgrade?
$150-$200 (in USD)

Thanks.

May 4, 2012 at 8:44 AM Post #273 of 333

SACD only

2. Do you own any SACDs?

No

100% CD or files

No

$0

Thanks,

Dan

May 4, 2012 at 9:02 AM Post #274 of 333
Scary but I remember the release of it

2. Do you own any SACDs? 
Yes

2% sacd 98% cd and flies slowly re ripping the collection to flac.

No

As long as it looked great and worked well $200

May 4, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #275 of 333
Ans: Sure~

2. Do you own any SACDs?
Ans: Yes~

Ans: 10 vs 90

Ans: No, sound quality is everything!

Ans: Depends...

Steven

May 4, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #276 of 333
Yes.

2. Do you own any SACDs? 
No.

0% SACD, 100% digital files.

No.

If I became interested, I would be willing to pay around $200 for well implemented upgrade.  I assume something similar to the USB that is already available for Bifrost, but for SACD/DSD.

Thanks.

May 4, 2012 at 7:57 PM Post #277 of 333
YES
2. Do you own any SACDs?
NO
3. If so, what percentage of your collection is SACD vs CD or files
N/A
NO
$200 -- Since I have no SACDs or SACD player, this would be simply to explore the option
I doubt I would really dive in... unless it was truly, staggeringly good.  Then I'd go whole hog.

May 4, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #278 of 333

Yes I am, DSD less so.

2. Do you own any SACDs?

No I do not.

N/A

Not at the moment but possibly in the future when I have a better set up.

Probably no more than $50.

May 5, 2012 at 10:18 AM Post #279 of 333
Quote:
Yes

2. Do you own any SACDs? 
Yes

1%

No

Yes I will pay up till USD400

May 5, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #280 of 333

Yes, though I've never seen or heard any DSD recordings. 

2. Do you own any SACDs?

Nope. 

Nada.

Nope. 

If I needed the upgrade for some reason, I'd maybe pay up to $100. But I don't. 

May 5, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #282 of 333
Quote:
Hey all,

It's that time of year again--time we pick your brains. The topic of SACD and its associated DSD datastream have come up in questions about our DAC products, and we want to know what you think about it.

So, in order:

2. Do you own any SACDs? 

That's it. Please let us know what you think by May 15, 2012 in this thread to enter for your chance to win a Schiit Bifrost with USB. We'll announce the winner, chosen by random drawing, within a few days afterwards.

Thanks to all in advance for participating! 

All the best,

Jason Stoddard
Co-Founder

1. Yes
2. Yes either because of multi channel mixes or because that's the only way the music was released.
3. <1% 20-30 SACDs, 4000 CDs
4. No, I just bought a nice Oppo universal player
5. Not interested at this time.

May 6, 2012 at 2:09 AM Post #283 of 333
Yes

2. Do you own any SACDs? 
No

0%

Not at the moment, but I just got into the hobby.  Maybe in the future as I dive more into the hobby.

At the moment, I would not be interested, as I own no SACDs or player.

May 7, 2012 at 4:42 AM Post #284 of 333

YES

2. Do you own any SACDs?

YES, I own approximately 30 SACD's

5%................I own about 600 albums collected over 25 years

NO ....... For headphone listening, I usually listen to the SACD disc's stereo layer with a high end source plugged into my Schiit Asgard. The source DAC is very good and pumps the L/R to the Asgard with stunning results. For multichannel SACD listening, the source sends the DSD signal via HDMI to my AVR for decoding.  Speaker listening is the only way to truly appreciate multichannel SACD. Down-mixing is a waste IMO.

NO...................I can't see a situation where I would need that capabilty. The answer to Q#4 is pretty much what I am content with nowadays. DSD is a pretty limited format. For me, I don't rip SACD's so the only option is to play discs on a capable source, and the sources I use have exceptional DAC's so I just send the decoded stream out the L/R analogs with great results.

May 7, 2012 at 6:01 PM Post #285 of 333
Quote:
2. Do you own any SACDs? 

1. Yes, I suppose, but not at the same level as most other formats.
2. One. Could grow, but at this rate I wouldn't want it to.
3. < 1%. Mostly I play ripped CDs. ~5%, that is 7 albums, purchased as high-res files directly. Those are ALL of my recent purchases.
4. No, but it sure would be nice to have for that odd disc.
5. Right now, nothing. This summer, less than $100. Next summer, probably more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back