The Schiit SACD/DSD Research Thread--Your Chance to Win a Bifrost!
Apr 28, 2012 at 5:44 AM Post #226 of 333
Quote:
1. Are you familiar with SACD? DSD?
No
2. Do you own any SACDs? 
No
3. If so, what percentage of your collection is SACD vs CD or files?
CD 2%
Files 98%
4. Is SACD/DSD decoding an important consideration when you're looking for a DAC? 
Could be.
5. If you owned a DAC that could be upgraded to playing SACD/DSD, what would you pay for the upgrade?
Yes...

Apr 28, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #229 of 333

Yes
2. Do you own any SACDs? 
No
Files 100%
4. Is SACD/DSD decoding an important consideration when you're looking for a DAC? 
Potentially, if there is a distribution method for DSD files.  As of right now the only DSD files I know of are pirated rips through PS3, making it an extremely niche file format.
5. If you owned a DAC that could be upgraded to playing SACD/DSD, what would you pay for the upgrade?
Yes, for the sake of future-proofing

Apr 28, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #230 of 333
Yes,

2. Do you own any SACDs?
A few

<5% SACD, 85% HD FLAC downloads (24/96/), 10% CDs (Ripped to lossless @ 16/44)

It will be in my next audio upgrade.

If reasonably priced, yes.

Apr 28, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #231 of 333

Quote:
1. Are you familiar with SACD? DSD?  Yes

2. Do you own any SACDs?  Yes

3. If so, what percentage of your collection is SACD vs CD or files?  about 2.5% SACDs and more in the future

4. Is SACD/DSD decoding an important consideration when you're looking for a DAC?  Yes

5. If you owned a DAC that could be upgraded to playing SACD/DSD, what would you pay for the upgrade?  Yes

Apr 28, 2012 at 2:52 PM Post #233 of 333
the "what" sneaks up on you. Most people seem to assume it is asking "Would you pay for the upgrade" not "WHAT would you pay for the upgrade."

Apr 28, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #236 of 333
1. Familiar with SACD, but not DSD
2. No
3. SACD = 0%, CD = 5%, and Files = 95%
4. No
5. I wouldn't be interested in upgrading to pay SACD/DSD at this time, so the amount that I would be willing to pay would probably be far less than the actual cost associated with the upgrade.

Apr 28, 2012 at 7:40 PM Post #237 of 333

Yes
2. Do you own any SACDs?
A few
1%, 80%, 19%
No
Don't know

Apr 28, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #238 of 333

1. Are you familiar with SACD? DSD?  Yes
2. Do you own any SACDs?  no 
3. If so, what percentage of your collection is SACD vs CD or files? 0%
4. Is SACD/DSD decoding an important consideration when you're looking for a DAC? No
5. If you owned a DAC that could be upgraded to playing SACD/DSD, what would you pay for the upgrade? No

Apr 28, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #239 of 333

1. Yes
2. Do you own any SACDs?
  1. No
  1. 95% files, 5% CD
  1. No. But if I had an SACD capable player it would be.
  1. It would be a consideration, but I might be more concerned about the analog front end performance.

Apr 29, 2012 at 7:36 AM Post #240 of 333

Quote:
Yes

2. Do you own any SACDs? 
Yes

2%

No

Yes, around $100-200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back