The Ruizu X02 DAP thread
Feb 9, 2016 at 9:45 AM Post #421 of 774
mine is dead after two weeks. I dunno if it's the battery (because the last time I had it turned on in the morning, the battery was still around 75%, and I'm not a heavy user at all) or something wrong in it, it just won't turn on. I connect it to my laptop and nothing happens. I push the play/pause button to turn it on, nothing happens. does anyone have this problem? and it doesn't have somekind of reset button whatsoever. I'm sad. :frowning2:

Feb 9, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #422 of 774
mine is dead after two weeks. I dunno if it's the battery (because the last time I had it turned on in the morning, the battery was still around 75%, and I'm not a heavy user at all) or something wrong in it, it just won't turn on. I connect it to my laptop and nothing happens. I push the play/pause button to turn it on, nothing happens. does anyone have this problem? and it doesn't have somekind of reset button whatsoever. I'm sad. :frowning2:

Yeah, unfortunately the same happened to mine. It seems to charge when connected to a charger and the screen turns on but other than that it's dead.....

Feb 10, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #424 of 774
is there really nothing I can do to fix it? what did you do with yours?

Bought something else :wink:

I honestly wouldn't know how to fix it and it was cheap so I moved on.....

Feb 10, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #425 of 774
Many thanks for your exaustive post.
So I'll look for Sony ICD-AX412 

I'm not of the same idea about mono or stereo FM: I remember in old cassette player walkman there was an option to change stereo to mono. I imagine they decided for mono FM for keep lower costs of production and design too. Stereo signal is more difficult to manage....

Quote:

Hello all :)

This is a slightly odd way for me to make my first post here as a new member, but, I hope to start off as helpfully as I want to continue to be.

I've been lurking here for ages and have learned a lot about head gear. I'm not kicking off my membership here with a flashy review or any such thing, but I know of a device that is probably just what jazzrock71 is gagging for, a device with a fully functioning stereo FM radio in it.

I've always been more keen on having radio on the go out and about than in having my music collection with me. That's beginning to change now though, I prefer to know less about what's going on and be more aquainted with artistic expressions in music, or if I do want 'news' I now prefer specific podcasts to the rolling news machine on the radio. I'm becoming a fully fledged IEM music head too.

So, I've had a lot of personal radio devices over the years from poundshop junk to sony bricks, in the days when anything any good was a brick. A couple of years ago I discovered, quite by accident, that the Sony ICD-AX412 ( a recording / podcasting, microSD expandable simple and idiot-proof gadget ) has got the best FM radio reception of all I have known. It has 2 antenna power settings, 'Local' and 'DX'. When it's set to DX, it's signal reception is startlingly good.

That's the point of my first post here !   It's discontinued now ( I think ), but, if you look for a used one, there are quite a few about :wink:

[ usually, a mono FM setting is chosen to make the best of a weak signal. My guess is that AGPtEK were not confident enough to enable the stereo ] { the sony I just mentioned automatocally wanders smoothly in and out of stereo ( even records it as mp3 if you want ), and usually, in a good signal area, stays there }

I'm not maliciously derailing this RUIZU / AGPtEK thread, I love the little X02 and have now bought 2 of them. The best thing about it, so far, for me, is that I can now use up my bad IEM purchases that have silly bloated bass. This thing calms them down and makes them tolerable. On that note, I've recently discovered a very cheap IEM ( £1.99 - in a specific UK 'bargain' chain store ) that has plenty of weaknesses including hefty veiling and a muddy bass, but it's not 'coloured' - in the sense that a lot of dirt cheap phones have unpleasant honk at some frequency or other that is hard on the ears. These, are well balanced but unclear, ideal for those horribly low bitrate podcasts some of us endure just because they are gripping topics we can't hear discussed in any other formats. I supose I'm not allowed to mention where you can buy them ( in the UK ) but I'll reply to any PM that askes me.

Anywho, Just to make clear, I'm not just a dirt cheapy fan, I recently treated myself to a Fiio X3 2nd gen' and Xduoo X2 and X3. All thanks to head-fi for that. And, a pair of Vsonic VSD1s and a few others I can't quite conjure up the names of, and, a very recent catchup flurry of purchases of KZ phones, to see what all that fuss has been about, too. None of those have arrived yet.

My very best wishes to all headfiers everywhere.

Feb 11, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #426 of 774
Hello all :)

This is a slightly odd way for me to make my first post here as a new member, but, I hope to start off as helpfully as I want to continue to be.

I've been lurking here for ages and have learned a lot about head gear. I'm not kicking off my membership here with a flashy review or any such thing, but I know of a device that is probably just what jazzrock71 is gagging for, a device with a fully functioning stereo FM radio in it.

I've always been more keen on having radio on the go out and about than in having my music collection with me. That's beginning to change now though, I prefer to know less about what's going on and be more aquainted with artistic expressions in music, or if I do want 'news' I now prefer specific podcasts to the rolling news machine on the radio. I'm becoming a fully fledged IEM music head too.

So, I've had a lot of personal radio devices over the years from poundshop junk to sony bricks, in the days when anything any good was a brick. A couple of years ago I discovered, quite by accident, that the Sony ICD-AX412 ( a recording / podcasting, microSD expandable simple and idiot-proof gadget ) has got the best FM radio reception of all I have known. It has 2 antenna power settings, 'Local' and 'DX'. When it's set to DX, it's signal reception is startlingly good.

That's the point of my first post here !   It's discontinued now ( I think ), but, if you look for a used one, there are quite a few about :wink:

[ usually, a mono FM setting is chosen to make the best of a weak signal. My guess is that AGPtEK were not confident enough to enable the stereo ] { the sony I just mentioned automatocally wanders smoothly in and out of stereo ( even records it as mp3 if you want ), and usually, in a good signal area, stays there }

I'm not maliciously derailing this RUIZU / AGPtEK thread, I love the little X02 and have now bought 2 of them. The best thing about it, so far, for me, is that I can now use up my bad IEM purchases that have silly bloated bass. This thing calms them down and makes them tolerable. On that note, I've recently discovered a very cheap IEM ( £1.99 - in a specific UK 'bargain' chain store ) that has plenty of weaknesses including hefty veiling and a muddy bass, but it's not 'coloured' - in the sense that a lot of dirt cheap phones have unpleasant honk at some frequency or other that is hard on the ears. These, are well balanced but unclear, ideal for those horribly low bitrate podcasts some of us endure just because they are gripping topics we can't hear discussed in any other formats. I supose I'm not allowed to mention where you can buy them ( in the UK ) but I'll reply to any PM that askes me.

Anywho, Just to make clear, I'm not just a dirt cheapy fan, I recently treated myself to a Fiio X3 2nd gen' and Xduoo X2 and X3. All thanks to head-fi for that. And, a pair of Vsonic VSD1s and a few others I can't quite conjure up the names of, and, a very recent catchup flurry of purchases of KZ phones, to see what all that fuss has been about, too. None of those have arrived yet.

My very best wishes to all headfiers everywhere.

Hi I already own Xduoo X2. Any impressions on X2 vs X02? I'd love to know that.

Feb 11, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #427 of 774

The X2 is my favorite sounding dap. I prefer it to the newer X3. The Fiio X3v2 comes second.

This RUIZU X02 has great qualities but it's actual sound output is the least of them, although it's still very listenable. It's battery life is wonderful. It's weight is almost zero, I can easily forget it's in my pocket. If I want to carry a slightly heavier lump, it pairs up perfectly with the Topping NX1 amp, which also has very long battery life. They seem to have been made for each other.

I also like the fact that it will restart from exactly where it was when I switched it off, perfect for podcasts.

One niggle I have, which sounds silly but it really is a niggle, is that fake spectrograph that glares at me every time I look at the screen. It's also a waste of valuable screen real-estate which could have been used for useful information.

Feb 11, 2016 at 6:12 PM Post #428 of 774
The X2 is my favorite sounding dap. I prefer it to the newer X3. The Fiio X3v2 comes second.

This RUIZU X02 has great qualities but it's actual sound output is the least of them, although it's still very listenable. It's battery life is wonderful. It's weight is almost zero, I can easily forget it's in my pocket. If I want to carry a slightly heavier lump, it pairs up perfectly with the Topping NX1 amp, which also has very long battery life. They seem to have been made for each other.

I also like the fact that it will restart from exactly where it was when I switched it off, perfect for podcasts.

One niggle I have, which sounds silly but it really is a niggle, is that fake spectrograph that glares at me every time I look at the screen. It's also a waste of valuable screen real-estate which could have been used for useful information.
Thanks a lot for the comparison :) and I have NX1 as well haha. Since purchasing X2 I didn't use it much. That little X2 doesn't even need an amp.

Feb 14, 2016 at 2:46 AM Post #431 of 774
  is it possible to reflash it if the device isn't even recognized by my PC? can you please tutor me how to do it?

Have you tried turning it on while its being charged by a wall charger? Sorry, but are you using both methods to turn it on? Holding Play and the Slide on the side? Other than that, just let it drain an then recheck it and recharge after that.

I've just discovered something else this great little device can do (the AGPtEK A06) which is when rewinding you can rewind into the previous podcast. Woah!

Great for audiobook and podcast listeners. Some podcasts can be three hours long. Now I can just skip to the next track and rewind back to where I last was before I accidentally lost my place.

I first (thanks to this forum) purchased an XDuoo X2, and I'm still mad for that casing, but no longer miss because the software is terrible. Unless you're a Muso (no offence), then you just might like it. No fast forward or rewind, because you want to re-listen usually to the whole track.

Battery life, battery life, battery life. That I can drop it and haven't lost a fortune if it ever breaks. I've dropped it several times now, but I work in an environment which means that it's going to get a rough handling. For the price, you've at least got to try the X02, but you'd be best to get the AGPtEK version.

Feb 14, 2016 at 3:18 AM Post #432 of 774

Have you tried turning it on while its being charged by a wall charger? Sorry, but are you using both methods to turn it on? Holding Play and the Slide on the side? Other than that, just let it drain an then recheck it and recharge after that.

I've just discovered something else this great little device can do (the AGPtEK A06) which is when rewinding you can rewind into the previous podcast. Woah!

Great for audiobook and podcast listeners. Some podcasts can be three hours long. Now I can just skip to the next track and rewind back to where I last was before I accidentally lost my place.

Yes, of course. Tried it by sliding the power button, tried by pressing the play/pause button as well. Nothing happened. Every time I connected to my PC, there's a sound that pops when new USB is connected, but then nothing happened. Not on my PC, and the device didn't even show the "charging and play" options, it's just dead. The device is unknown in my device manager, tried updating the driver (which I read works on other threads for another kind of mp3 player), still doesn't work. And I don't think I can really claim guarantee since I got refund because of the overdue delivery time, it just doesn't feel right. :p so here I am looking for any solution. :))

Feb 14, 2016 at 3:48 AM Post #433 of 774
  Yes, of course. Tried it by sliding the power button, tried by pressing the play/pause button as well. Nothing happened. Every time I connected to my PC, there's a sound that pops when new USB is connected, but then nothing happened. Not on my PC, and the device didn't even show the "charging and play" options, it's just dead. The device is unknown in my device manager, tried updating the driver (which I read works on other threads for another kind of mp3 player), still doesn't work. And I don't think I can really claim guarantee since I got refund because of the overdue delivery time, it just doesn't feel right. :p so here I am looking for any solution. :))

Have you tired another PC? Or, perhaps a Linux Live Distro and checked if it's recognisable using that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back