The Ruizu X02 DAP thread
Sep 18, 2017 at 4:46 AM Post #706 of 774
Hello there, looking foir a bit of advice please as...stumped!!
My Ruizu is 8 gig with a 32 gig card. After I scroll through quite a few albums on the card, alI I see are '99999999999' for track names and 'file not found.'
Any ideas on overcoming this or must I delete music on the 8 gig drive to use more music on the 32!? (Seems a pain if I do and..does not make sense!)
Cheers,
Brendan

Nov 1, 2017 at 3:05 AM Post #707 of 774
I had a similar problem with my Ruizu X02. I couldn't find it on Windows Explorer so I could transfer podcasts/audiobooks onto the TIF card or the main memory,when I plugged into a port of a USB hub; worked fine beforehand.
After some experimentation, I found the solutions: Insert the cable into a USB port on the computer; then turn the Ruizu on ; any other sequence doesn't seem to work.
I have had troubles before when I plug devices into a USB 7-port powered hub; sometimes the device needs more grunt and you need to plug it into the computer. So much for idiot iPads that don't even bother to provide a USB port. My Chuwi android pad has 2 ports on the keyboard ( I hate touch; prefer to use mouse)

Nov 29, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #711 of 774
Chill out man, no need to go all out. Audio is subjective and I think that for the 20$ it costs it does pretty good. Thin sounding which is why I referred that it goes well with warmer IEM.
The only headphones that sound tolerable with that are those with ridiculous amount of boomy bass. So if you plug in some old Beats by Dre, they could sound flat. No subbass or upper treble whatsoever but hey Beats never did them anyway.

Dec 7, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #712 of 774
My beloved new 8Gb X02 got corrupted file system today. It happened to me way in the past on my old one. I don't recall how I fixed it then.
I ran recovery tools and got many of the files but with no folder or name order.

*** I recovered all the files with scan-disk, but not the file structure, so I had to check each .chk and rename.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #713 of 774
I just got me a X02 player and could not find how to do some stuff with it. I did some searches in this thread but could not find the answers:

a) How to make my own play lists? The player sees the *.M3U files I put in, but will not find the files in the list. What is the correct syntax / what program can help me make these files?

b) Video files format. I made an .avi file with 160x128 MJPG codec, but it will not play. Which program can translate to the correct format?

c) I saw some talk about a new firmware, but did not understood where to find the actual files.

Thanks,

Zohar

Dec 26, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #714 of 774
Hi,
1- I don't know about m3u playlist, I never did so. buy I think only playlist the X02 does , he can read.
2- On the player you received there software for conversion, it's not AVI it's AMV format.
3- I don't recommend the other firmware.

Dec 27, 2017 at 2:50 AM Post #715 of 774
1- Using the player UI I added some songs to the internal playlist (1,2,3) but could not find in which file the player stores these play list :frowning2:
2- Will give it a try.
3- OK, but still where can I find them?

Dec 27, 2017 at 4:55 AM Post #718 of 774
The X02 and the AGPTEK A02 are "almost" the same thing. It's a bit risky, but I think others have flashed the X02 with the A02 update successfully. I haven't had the nerve to try it myself yet, but if mine ever plays up, I'll try it as a last resort.

Perhaps others who have actually done it can tell us more about how it went, in the long run.

Jan 4, 2018 at 10:11 PM Post #719 of 774
I just got me a X02 player and could not find how to do some stuff with it.

b) Video files format. I made an .avi file with 160x128 MJPG codec, but it will not play. Which program can translate to the correct format?
… 2- On the player you received there software for conversion, it's not AVI it's AMV format.
3- I don't recommend the other firmware.
What he said. I've tried numerous times to create an AMV based on what specs I could find on Wikipedia and the like but nothing worked. The software that's on the player is the only thing that's worked for me. A bit of a warning about the video. Basically it isn't worth the effort to make any. The worst part is that the audio is stored as joint something, the correct term escapes me perhaps stereo?, where there's basically 1 track for sound along with small amounts of left/right additions to create a pseudo stereo effect. I was hoping to convert a few of the YouTube concert videos to the format so that I could watch the not very viewable video along with the good sound but the audio encoding ruined that idea.

Another vote for not using the other firmware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back