The Ruizu X02 DAP thread
Jan 16, 2016 at 11:16 PM Post #361 of 774
Forgive me if this is the wrong place for this, but this is the AGPtEK B03 Digital Music Player. Player shown with KZ LP3 headphones and Incredible Hulk for scale.
http://i.imgur.com/oLouugA.jpg?1

As I understand it, the B03 is a designed for export kin to the Ruizu DAPs. As shown, the player is matte black plastic with silver accents on the controls. 3.5 jack and micro USB are on the bottom of the player; the on/off switch is on the right and the micro SD slot is on the left. The microphone is on the bottom left of the face. The player is feather-light.

The screen is simple and I wouldn't recommend it for video or photo viewing but it's very adequate for its purpose of displaying track info and cover art. Viewing in direct sunlight can be a bit difficult, but again an acceptable trade off for a player at this price point where its DAP function is your principal concern. I would have preferred that the screen take better advantage of its real estate and use a slightly larger and thicker font but what's there is legible and functional. Keeping with its bare bones nature, there are really no options to customize the display.

Unlike some of the Ruizu players, the B03 has independent buttons for return to previous menu (on left) and play mode controls when in the Now Playing screen (right). In practice, this configuration is easy to use for navigation although the B03 retains the unfortunate convention that the left and right buttons in the "wheel" layout are used to move up and down in the on screen menus. The bottom and top buttons in the "wheel" are the volume controls.  As with other similar players, the OS manages the songs on the internal memory and card separately.

AGPtEK recommends Media Monkey software for your music management which is solid advice and works flawlessly. Because the player requires a CUE file to be present with your FLAC files, you have to manage your FLAC transfers and their folder structures outside Media Monkey. The ability to handle FLAC the way the Sansa Clip+ does would be a big step forward.

In terms of sound, the B03 compares quite well with the Sansa Clip+ although I found the EQ settings to be less murky on the Clip+. However, the power that the B03 can put out seems to me to be a clear step ahead of the Sansa.

With Sansa's Clip+ going for near $50, spending $25 for this AGPtEK is a no brainer.

Jan 17, 2016 at 3:11 AM Post #363 of 774
LeoZheng gave a link to a private message, would venture to put it on the public...
Remember, manipulation firmware you do at your own risk!!!

P.S. At the request of LeoZheng i was forced to remove the link from the post ...
On the firmware, refer to the developer's representative personally.

Jan 17, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #364 of 774
AGPtEK recommends Media Monkey software for your music management which is solid advice and works flawlessly. Because the player requires a CUE file to be present with your FLAC files, you have to manage your FLAC transfers and their folder structures outside Media Monkey. The ability to handle FLAC the way the Sansa Clip+ does would be a big step forward.

In terms of sound, the B03 compares quite well with the Sansa Clip+ although I found the EQ settings to be less murky on the Clip+. However, the power that the B03 can put out seems to me to be a clear step ahead of the Sansa.

With Sansa's Clip+ going for near $50, spending $25 for this AGPtEK is a no brainer.

I can find Clip+ fpr near $40 and unfortunately B03 in EU costs around $45
Since I use exclusively easy to drive IEMs should I consider the B03 over Clip+? I prefer a larger coloer screen over the OLED one but I need SD integration and Rockbox customization.

Jan 17, 2016 at 7:54 AM Post #365 of 774
My impressions on the X02 so far

I really like the player, screen is nice, navigation isnt as hard as you might think, it has a nice EQ and lock feature. I also like the responsiveness.

What I somewhat dont like is the sound quality, there is a big cut off around 80Hz or so. Really noticable when comparing to Sansa Clip, but since most of my cheaper IEMs have at least too much instead of not enough bass, it is not that big of a problem. When connecting to my speaker setup it is though but OK lets not do that then :)

The EQ can actually do a nice job of letting the X02 sound like the Sansa, its more than OK then.

What bothers me is that the firmware itself is quite good (really!!), but it plays songs in order from the first one to the last one you copied to the player, which causes a CD with 3 symphonies in 4 parts (12 files) to be played almost at random. Copying them from file 1-12 does the trick but costs lots of time. Id be glad to help the firmware devlop in something better regarding this, or help Ruizu testing/developing future products.

It may seem Im not too enthousiastic, but I am. I like this player.

Jan 17, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #366 of 774
  LeoZheng gave a link to a private message, would venture to put it on the public...
wink_face.gif

Here the firmware files
Archive firmware and software "A02-Update.zip"

Thanks LeoZheng and you :)

Jan 17, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #368 of 774

Since I use exclusively easy to drive IEMs should I consider the B03 over Clip+? I prefer a larger coloer screen over the OLED one but I need SD integration and Rockbox customization.

The B03 can't run Rockbox so if that's a deal breaker the Clip+ is your choice. Regards the screen, I too prefer the larger one of the B03 (my eyes are aging).

Jan 17, 2016 at 1:43 PM Post #369 of 774
wink_face.gif

Here the firmware files
Archive firmware and software "A02-Update.zip"

Leo also wrote that the AGPtEK devices are a bit different than the Chinese we have, so who knows what "benefits" the firmware will bring.

Jan 17, 2016 at 9:11 PM Post #371 of 774

The B03 can't run Rockbox so if that's a deal breaker the Clip+ is your choice. Regards the screen, I too prefer the larger one of the B03 (my eyes are aging).

I think that Clip's reliability will be a winner for me

AGPTek B03 was sold out. It will be available with in 2 weeks. The official price is about $25.

Jan 18, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #374 of 774
Fake Ruizu?
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-quality-real-8GB-80-Hours-lossless-Music-playing-MP3-player-1-8-TFT-screen-MP3/32597667037.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.107.vbYHjy&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_4,searchweb201644_3_10001_10002_10005_301_10006_10003_9995_10004_62,searchweb201560_1,searchweb1451318400_6151,searchweb1451318411_6448

Check out the last photos, with the blue mp3 player.  You'll notice no Ruizu logo on the front, or "XO2" on the back.  No retail package.  Some of the photos have the Ruizu logo, some don't.  Buyer beware?

Jan 18, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #375 of 774
  Fake Ruizu?
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-quality-real-8GB-80-Hours-lossless-Music-playing-MP3-player-1-8-TFT-screen-MP3/32597667037.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.107.vbYHjy&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_4,searchweb201644_3_10001_10002_10005_301_10006_10003_9995_10004_62,searchweb201560_1,searchweb1451318400_6151,searchweb1451318411_6448

Check out the last photos, with the blue mp3 player.  You'll notice no Ruizu logo on the front, or "XO2" on the back.  No retail package.  Some of the photos have the Ruizu logo, some don't.  Buyer beware?

It should be OK. Dont think such a cheap player will be copied at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back