The Ruizu X02 DAP thread
Nov 8, 2015 at 9:49 PM Post #286 of 774
  Hi Leo,

- stereophonic FM radio
- gapless playback
These 2 things I'd like to see them working.

Thank you.

Hi futurebreeze,

1. The radio module is build-in on the broad which we couldn't change for this model. 
2. Did you mean the gap between two songs is too long?  I couldn't hear playback gap. However, few customers do report me that the playing time is little longer in the player than the computer. I would like to know why that is important?

Thank you!

Leo

Nov 8, 2015 at 11:35 PM Post #287 of 774
  Hi futurebreeze,

1. The radio module is build-in on the broad which we couldn't change for this model. 
2. Did you mean the gap between two songs is too long?  I couldn't hear playback gap. However, few customers do report me that the playing time is little longer in the player than the computer. I would like to know why that is important?

Thank you!

Leo

Gapless playback is important when listening to live recorded sources such as concerts.

Nov 9, 2015 at 1:57 AM Post #288 of 774
Regarding gapless playback feature:
For example: I have the Mike Oldifield - Songs of distant Earth album... the songs are connected to each other, even they are separate tracks. So I'd love to play those tracks without any gap in between, like any classic Audio CD player does. I guess this can be fixed during the ripping of audio CD into FLAC  into one single big song but I prefer to keep the separate tracks.

Regarding the FLAC playback, I don't know exactly, for any lossless player, is it compulsory that a CUE file exists in the FLAC files folder? I noticed that for Ruizu X02 is the only way it can play FLAC. I am asking because I have many FLAC files without any CUE sheet so I thought this is something normal.
Thanks!

Nov 9, 2015 at 4:18 AM Post #290 of 774
  Regarding gapless playback feature:
For example: I have the Mike Oldifield - Songs of distant Earth album... the songs are connected to each other, even they are separate tracks. So I'd love to play those tracks without any gap in between, like any classic Audio CD player does. I guess this can be fixed during the ripping of audio CD into FLAC  into one single big song but I prefer to keep the separate tracks.

Regarding the FLAC playback, I don't know exactly, for any lossless player, is it compulsory that a CUE file exists in the FLAC files folder? I noticed that for Ruizu X02 is the only way it can play FLAC. I am asking because I have many FLAC files without any CUE sheet so I thought this is something normal.
Thanks!

Gapless playback is important when listening to live recorded sources such as concerts.

The gap happens during flac playback only? Or it also happens during mp3 playback? I don't have gapless music in my hand. I will identify the issue and try to fix it. Thanks!

Nov 9, 2015 at 4:26 AM Post #291 of 774
  Hi guys.
Help me, please, where I can download Ruizu x2 firmware and a program for flashing? I deleted it from the internal memory ((

Hi, Why do you need a firmware? The original firmware is not included in the internal memory. The new firmware is for AGPTEK version.  It may cause some issues in Chinese Ruizu version.

Nov 9, 2015 at 7:16 AM Post #292 of 774
  Hi tyvek,

We are working on a new firmware of new UI and will release it within this week. I let you know later, or if you want to try the beta version. PM me.

Thanks for the information. I will fix them.

The features you liked:

1. We tried to fix that couple months ago, but we couldn't changed that under original OS. We are working on a new model to fix that. 
2. The player does support M3U and you may find the M3U files showed as folders in Music---Playlist. You may use MediaMonkey or MediaGo to synch playlists to the player.
3. I will add a "all songs" option as first line of every folders. Does it make sense?
4. I'm afraid that we couldn't revise that, the player synchs card data every time when the card data was changed. It couldn't just update a portion of the data.

Also, sorry for the broken English AGPTEK version. Some customers didin't like it but I couldn't figure out the problem. Could you tell me what I can do better for the manual?

Thanks again,

Leo

Are there any hardware differences between AGPTEK A02 and Ruizu X02?
I have Ruizu x02.
Ruizu doesn't provide any firmware so I would really like to try your upgraded firmware, well... if it works and doesn't break my player :)
Please keep us updated about the new firmware.

Thanks, never noticed m3u worked, that's cool
For 3), yeah I think it sounds good
For 4), can't you just temporarily create a sorted playlist or the same way as shuffle option but sorted with names instead of random ?

The user manual seems nice and well explained.

Also, maybe you could add shortcuts like locking but for bookmarks or other things useful ? (I have no precise idea, just cool shortcuts, I don't know)

Thanks

Nov 10, 2015 at 3:49 AM Post #293 of 774
Hi Leo,

I tested the gap thing between tracks, the gap appears in case of mp3 files too. How I tested: I created a playlist with the tracks with the same order as in the original audio album. As I previously told you there are albums that have continuous songs even if they are separate tracks so even the smallest gaps can be heard when advancing to the next track. For my Ruizu X02 I estimate the gaps are about half a second lenght or even less.

Nov 12, 2015 at 3:04 AM Post #294 of 774
  Hi Leo,

I tested the gap thing between tracks, the gap appears in case of mp3 files too. How I tested: I created a playlist with the tracks with the same order as in the original audio album. As I previously told you there are albums that have continuous songs even if they are separate tracks so even the smallest gaps can be heard when advancing to the next track. For my Ruizu X02 I estimate the gaps are about half a second lenght or even less.

Hi, 

I got Mike Oldfield tunes, and working with our engineers to fix that.

Thanks,

Leo

Nov 12, 2015 at 3:09 AM Post #295 of 774

Are there any hardware differences between AGPTEK A02 and Ruizu X02?
I have Ruizu x02.
Ruizu doesn't provide any firmware so I would really like to try your upgraded firmware, well... if it works and doesn't break my player :)
Please keep us updated about the new firmware.

Thanks, never noticed m3u worked, that's cool
For 3), yeah I think it sounds good
For 4), can't you just temporarily create a sorted playlist or the same way as shuffle option but sorted with names instead of random ?

The user manual seems nice and well explained.

Also, maybe you could add shortcuts like locking but for bookmarks or other things useful ? (I have no precise idea, just cool shortcuts, I don't know)

Thanks

A little differences. The ruizu use VOL and LEFT to lock. Do you mean the locking and bookmark feature is too complicated to use? You want it like one click to lock?

Thank you,

Leo

Nov 14, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #296 of 774
I don't know, I was just giving an idea, I don't even use the bookmark feature because it's only useful for audio books.

But my old player had a feature I really liked:
At any moment of a song, you hold a button down, and that moment becomes "A"
Then later you hold it again and it gives the moment "B", and the player starts playing from A to B in an infinite loop until you hold the button again or press next/previous song;
It's really cool when there is a part of a song you really like.
So making a combination for this would be cool.

Oh and another bug I noticed: In file browsing mode, shuffle and repeat are not remembered (Well, technically they are remembered but not applied until you go to the options about shuffle/repeat)

For locking, left+up and left+down both work, I think it is simple enough.

Something that would be cool too, but I don't know if it's possible to do this, adjusting the volume automatically according to the outside noise.
Like, you regularly get sound from the microphone and auto adjust the volume of the music according to the level you got from microphone, with an user-defined adjustement (-5 to +5)
So you get the volume from microphone, if it's quiet, set volume to 5(+UserAdjustement), if it's above a given level, set volume to 10+UA, another level 15+UA, 20+UA, 25+UA.
But yeah I know that's probably too much trouble, but maybe not, technically that's a possibility

Also the programmed shutdown feature, it stops automatically after X minutes, but it would be great to set "shutdown after X minutes without clicking button", so that if you fall asleep the battery is not dead when you wake up

And also be able to adjust screen brightness, if that's possible

My old player also add A3D support ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A3D ), and I think it was cool, but I don't know if that's an easy thing to add

Well, good luck :)

Nov 17, 2015 at 5:07 AM Post #297 of 774
  I don't know, I was just giving an idea, I don't even use the bookmark feature because it's only useful for audio books.

But my old player had a feature I really liked:
At any moment of a song, you hold a button down, and that moment becomes "A"
Then later you hold it again and it gives the moment "B", and the player starts playing from A to B in an infinite loop until you hold the button again or press next/previous song;
It's really cool when there is a part of a song you really like.
So making a combination for this would be cool.

Oh and another bug I noticed: In file browsing mode, shuffle and repeat are not remembered (Well, technically they are remembered but not applied until you go to the options about shuffle/repeat)

For locking, left+up and left+down both work, I think it is simple enough.

Something that would be cool too, but I don't know if it's possible to do this, adjusting the volume automatically according to the outside noise.
Like, you regularly get sound from the microphone and auto adjust the volume of the music according to the level you got from microphone, with an user-defined adjustement (-5 to +5)
So you get the volume from microphone, if it's quiet, set volume to 5(+UserAdjustement), if it's above a given level, set volume to 10+UA, another level 15+UA, 20+UA, 25+UA.
But yeah I know that's probably too much trouble, but maybe not, technically that's a possibility

Also the programmed shutdown feature, it stops automatically after X minutes, but it would be great to set "shutdown after X minutes without clicking button", so that if you fall asleep the battery is not dead when you wake up

And also be able to adjust screen brightness, if that's possible

My old player also add A3D support ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A3D ), and I think it was cool, but I don't know if that's an easy thing to add

Well, good luck :)

Hi,

Yes, X02/A02 support A-B repeat playback and sleep timer(which is in setting).

The player will remember everything if you turned it off by pressing the middle buttons.

Your idea of adjusting the volume automatically according to the outside noise is great! We may look into developing this feature. 

A3D usually used on games. I don't know if any music supports A3D

Thanks for your suggestions.

Best regards,

Leo

Nov 17, 2015 at 6:44 AM Post #298 of 774
  Hi guys,

I'm Leo from AGPTEK which is the product manager of RUIZU X02 (which is sold as AGPTEK A02 in US and Europe ) . I'm very happy to see you guys were impressed by X02. I has been working on resolving the problems of X02. The new UI has been applied at A02 for several months. A easy mode was added to solve the volume control problem.

I would like to hear more sugguestions ?

Thanks a lot!

Leo Zheng

Great to see someone from Ruizu here, LeoZheng. Hopefully we'll be able to see gradual improvements to all Ruizu products present and future!

Nov 17, 2015 at 8:58 AM Post #299 of 774
  Hi,

Yes, X02/A02 support A-B repeat playback and sleep timer(which is in setting).

The player will remember everything if you turned it off by pressing the middle buttons.

Your idea of adjusting the volume automatically according to the outside noise is great! We may look into developing this feature. 

A3D usually used on games. I don't know if any music supports A3D

Thanks for your suggestions.

Best regards,

Leo

Oh right, I found A-B repeat, its in the menu under Play Mode > Repeat Settings > Repeat mode
I think it is not clear at all and should be renamed A-B Repeat.
It would be great to have a shortcut too.

Sleep timer does not work like it should.
If you set 1 hour, and after 59 minutes you press "next song", it will shutdown 1 minute later.
It should shutdown 60 minutes after last button press, because if you press buttons, you are not sleeping :)

There is a bug with repeat/shuffle in files/folder mode.
If you set shuffle, and press next it's ok. If you shutdown with middle button it's ok too.
But if you press down (VOL) button and select a song from the folder, repeat and shuffle get disabled !

Have a nice day

Nov 17, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #300 of 774
Hi Leo,
I have the X02 for few months .
2 major problem for me
1) Bookmarks not always can be set. I need them for mp3 podcasts. I tried to set while Play or Pause, I tried different 64K, 128K ... sometime it bookmark, many times no.
2) The day I got it while I was learning it's functions (without manual) I set Alarm... ever since even when it set to OFF, the device will turn on everyday. unless I shut it with the switch.

Are these known issues with the firmware?

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back