The "RSA" Shadow, a powerful pixy of an amp . . . New images. .
Aug 25, 2009 at 7:35 PM Post #121 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by rasmushorn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I will pass on this amp. I am more than satisfied with the P-51. So unless it is a whole nother world I can live with the size of the P-51.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pale Rider /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't heard it yet, and I also have a Mustang. From what I have heard, it is both more and less of the same. :wink:

For me, smaller size (every little bit counts), precise volume control and balance, and USB charging are big pluses. So, my order is in.

I would have to agree it Rasmushorn. Ray makes great stuff, and I am sure that this amp will live up to the hype. But I absolutely LOVE my Mustang. I will read with great interest reports from all you early adapters.

I do question putting the input connector in the back. At least until low profile connectors are available. Right now I carry my Mustang velcro'ed to the back of an Ipod Classic top down in my pocket. I can easily reach in and adjust volume with just my thumb. With the Shadow, the Ipod would be carried top up, resting on the line out connector. Not ideal, I think.

And there is a more practical reason: I've upgraded so much this year that my wallet is in agony. Has anyone considered starting a chapter of Head-Fiers Anonymous?

Aug 25, 2009 at 7:41 PM Post #122 of 184
I just reserved a spot of the initial 200... Can't wait.

Head-Fiers Anonymous... that's hysterical.... 'I'm Chris, I have an audio problem'.....

Aug 25, 2009 at 7:48 PM Post #123 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just reserved a spot of the initial 200... Can't wait.

Head-Fiers Anonymous... that's hysterical....
'I'm Chris, I have an audio problem'.....

Yes, you really do!! You should try and rein it in... like me
redface.gif

Aug 25, 2009 at 7:49 PM Post #124 of 184
I could make an effort, but it'd be a losing battle! I have the JH13's in my sights for a ways down the road too... but they'll be a GOOD ways down the road! As you know, the Denons are sounding pretty magical right now.....

Aug 25, 2009 at 7:58 PM Post #125 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I could make an effort, but it'd be a losing battle! I have the JH13's in my sights for a ways down the road too... but they'll be a GOOD ways down the road! As you know, the Denons are sounding pretty magical right now.....

Hey, just say 'no'!! I said yes to about twenty-four earphones over the last couple of years and NO to the other three hundred and seventeen! Now that takes some self control
ksc75smile.gif

Congrats on reserving The Shadow by the way, and be sure to post pics alongside the Mustang. If the Mustang had been a little thinner, it would have been the perfect size. I guess it's quite bulky if you have it attached to your X?

Aug 25, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #126 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by animalsrush /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2. I really didn't like the jack placement. PICO seems more appealing to me now ..

I wasn't sure about the placement of the jack at first. The Xin Micro has a the input and output at opposite ends and wasn't a problem. After using the Shadow with the jack at the opposite end of the input it actually keeps it even more low profile and works fine with either the 90 degree or straight out plug. With the straight out you don't have the additional room taken up as the plug is under what ever you have the Shadow plugged into and it is protected. I also find the volume easy to change and it doesn't get accidently changed in any way.

Aug 25, 2009 at 8:07 PM Post #127 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, just say 'no'!! I said yes to about twenty-four earphones over the last couple of years and NO to the other three hundred and seventeen! Now that takes some self control
ksc75smile.gif

Congrats on reserving The Shadow by the way, and be sure to post pics alongside the Mustang. If the Mustang had been a little thinner, it would have been the perfect size. I guess it's quite bulky if you have it attached to your X?

Thanks. I'm hoping it'll sound pretty much the same, just with that tiny form factor. The Mustang never gets attached to the X per se... I just keep them sitting side by side on my desk. I may actually look into how to connect the Shadow, velcro, or whatever. But that could get in the way of the Sony's hold slide control on the back. We'll see soon enough I hope....

Aug 28, 2009 at 4:57 PM Post #130 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wasn't sure about the placement of the jack at first. The Xin Micro has a the input and output at opposite ends and wasn't a problem. After using the Shadow with the jack at the opposite end of the input it actually keeps it even more low profile and works fine with either the 90 degree or straight out plug. With the straight out you don't have the additional room taken up as the plug is under what ever you have the Shadow plugged into and it is protected. I also find the volume easy to change and it doesn't get accidently changed in any way.

Hi jamato8,

I want to know The Shadow or Xin Micro's "mounted with your DAP" way with 90 degree low-profile dock cable visually.
If possible, could you please let me see your (The Shadow or Xin Micro's) "mounted with DAP" pics concretely?

Best Regards

Oct 8, 2009 at 6:56 PM Post #131 of 184
Wow ! I wish I could loose weight as fast as Ray's products do ! :p

Jamato8, you give a lot of informations about IEMs, but what about bigger cans?
I mean I own a Proline 650 and a DT990-250 pre2006. Can I get enough power out of this small wonderful piece of art for the big Beyer ?

edit : Ok I just saw these lines from Ray in another post.

Quote:

The shadow can deliver a whopping 250ma per channel to each driver with no problem, this is enough current to satisfy all the professional low impedance headphones, also can swing the entire battery voltage up to 4.2VDC with no problem, this voltage is enough to kick the hell out of the Pro. low impedance phones.

The Shadow has a gain of THREE. It is enough gain to make all in ears monitors & low impedance headphones sound great & with ample of volume for every one.

I guess it means no. Big Beyer will have to stay at home.

Oct 15, 2009 at 8:33 PM Post #132 of 184
Can you tell us what are the dimensions of the shadow, please?

Oct 16, 2009 at 2:55 PM Post #133 of 184
Jamato or Ray can u tell us what LOD currently made best suits the shadow/ipod combination if you velcro the 2 together? I want to be ready
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 18, 2009 at 9:29 PM Post #134 of 184
Hey Jamato, quick question - have you tried charging your shadow from a USB port while a USB DAC is plugged into it, with your JH13s on? Just curious about it, thanks.

Oct 19, 2009 at 1:35 AM Post #135 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Jamato, quick question - have you tried charging your shadow from a USB port while a USB DAC is plugged into it, with your JH13s on? Just curious about it, thanks.

From the same port? No, I normally use two USB ports, with one charging and one for sound or I just use my iRiver to the Shadow and either have the Shadow charging or just running from the battery. It runs arund 75 hours on a charge so I normally use just the battery and it charges in just a couple of hours so it is easy to use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back