The RSA Protector balanced portable: Images and impressions 1st page, Please post your impressions . .
Jan 23, 2010 at 11:44 PM Post #76 of 837
Quote:

Originally Posted by stang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
looks too small :| I prefer portable amps to be same size as the player it is being used with, then it is easy to hold
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah, a little too small for my taste as well. Looks good though.

Jan 24, 2010 at 12:53 AM Post #77 of 837
Quote:

Originally Posted by unlimited /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oopz sorry about that.
I meant I wish it has enough power to use with the high-impedance headphone like HD600/650 too.

Take a little time to read the thread. This has been answered several times.

Jan 24, 2010 at 3:01 AM Post #78 of 837
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1)

A somewhat deft dodging of the issue. I made no comment about you posting the image. Although since you do, I would like to know exactly where it was posted first.

"In a PM from Ray." Is not a suitable answer to that of course.

2)

If it's there for anyone to see, does this mean there is already a thread? If so where is it and why was the creation of this one necessary?

If it's there for everyone to see, and there isn't already a thread, then by what qualification of the term is it "there for everyone to see"?

Again "The photo is on the RSA website FTP." is not a suitable answer.

3)

What I am worried about is an (and I chose my abjective with some care) insideous circumvention of MOT posting rules. I shall be upfront and frank and say that I personally find your long term posting history to go beyond what might readily be described as fanboyism. Although I am uncertain as to if it merits description as shilling. It's certainly on the same scale as Herandu or Sovkiller in the past and we know what status they now occupy.

Geeze , this guy might need more than some great music.......maybe a beer also. You should apply for the policing job thats available here.
icon10.gif

Jan 24, 2010 at 3:11 AM Post #79 of 837
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guidostrunk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Geeze , this guy might need more than some great music.......maybe a beer also. You should apply for the policing job thats available here.
icon10.gif

x2 OMG
beerchug.gif
, I'm enjoying a beer right now. Who cares where the pic came from? Really? Not me!
tongue.gif

Jan 24, 2010 at 5:06 AM Post #80 of 837
Quote:

Originally Posted by RockinCannoisseur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...personally i wish my predator had the same volume wheel as the shadow, oh and oh how i wish the predator could charge and play via usb like the shadow...

Indeed, I just sold my Predator, switching to the Shadow for every day use. I love the USB charging, and the smaller size (which is perfect with my 3G Nano -- horses for courses).

Now this new balanced one will be perfect for longer trips when I will be hotel-based for a week or more. I will bring full-size balanced cans and have a dream mini-rig right in the hotel. The amp will sit in one place, so the (lack of) rotation of the connector is not a big issue for me.

Congrats to Ray, this is great.

Jan 24, 2010 at 6:15 AM Post #81 of 837
Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin W. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Over all it excedes the expectations I had of the connector, and even though I had the dimensions from the data sheet, I was surprised by how small it really is. Ray's photos make it look quite big, which means his new amp is actually very small.

I know what you mean. I think Ray does an excellent job with the photos of his products, but I'm still always surprised to see just how small his portables really are. They are tiny; yet, they still feel solid and easy to use. He may need to use more quarters (and dimes!) to show the scale.

Jan 24, 2010 at 9:15 AM Post #82 of 837
It seems to come along really nice! Looking great from the pictures indeed.
smile.gif

Jan 28, 2010 at 1:42 AM Post #83 of 837
I got a few of the connectors Ray is going to use for the balanced amp today. I bought them from Mouser. The connector seems about as small as a good functioning connector could be and appear to be just about indestructible. The top half snaps to the section with the contacts. The assembly is simple, easy to solder, light and inexpensive. Seems like a nice way to go.

Jan 28, 2010 at 5:56 AM Post #84 of 837
jamato8, I cannot help but notice that you have doggedly drummed up several products in the past. What, may I ask, is the cause that motivates these espousals?

Jan 28, 2010 at 6:30 AM Post #85 of 837
Gee I don't know. I have and own the Woo 6 and 3 and have written a lot about them. I have the Ultrasone Ed. 9, JH 13Pro, Xin amps, iBasso items, iRiver, TWag cable, Leica cameras, written much about my Canon cameras as I am also a professional photographer and the list goes on. On different forums I have written much about all of my items. Oh then I have also been on Audio Asylum since 2000 and have written on things there.

So I see you have a list. If you really like the products in your list then say much or little, that is up to you. If I like something I say so even is doggedly so. :^) And please give me credit for more than for several products.

I have also done many projects on minority peoples and sometimes abuse of the same. I am dogged about this.

http://chinadigitaltimes.net/2008/03...-around-tibet/

Jan 28, 2010 at 7:19 PM Post #86 of 837
You haven't answered my question - please explain your extraordinary enthusiasm for these audio products. In this thread alone, you have attempted to build high expectations for the Protector and have tried to defend the design choices/compromises that are made - even going as far as to order the connector and to bestow upon it your unconditional seal of approval.

It is hard for me to understand why you would be so strongly committed to the success of this (and other) products, unless there is something in it for you.

Jan 28, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #87 of 837
Ah, the music. That is what is in it for me. And for you?

Jan 28, 2010 at 7:44 PM Post #88 of 837
sohels> Perhaps you (and some others like you) need monetary 'something' for you to act in a certain way.

There also exist other people for whom the simple act of sharing (and having others concur with) your opinions is already 'something' enough.

Then there are those whom simply get very excited and need to simply ACT- do something, anything- to try to channel that excitement.

It is difficult for us to understand why or how others may act differently from us. I often find it hard to convince my girlfriend why I need multiple amps, for instance, when she thinks does just fine without one.. She cannot see why I would need these, because as far as she is concerned, there is 'nothing in it for me'.

Hence I appreciate your comments. It's always nice to see people trying to find out about others' values and motivations; since this displays a humility at being able to admit that not everyone is like you. Power to you.

Jan 28, 2010 at 7:46 PM Post #89 of 837
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah, the music. That is what is in it for me.

Cute, but not convincing.

The manufacturers must be rubbing their hands with glee - this Pied Piper does not charge a fee.

Jan 28, 2010 at 7:54 PM Post #90 of 837
Ah, the music. That is what is in it for me. And for you?

Edit: Sweet beautiful music. To me the nectar of the gods and of G-d. I listen and listen, the Grateful Dead, Jerry Garcia, Beethoven, Mozart, Vivaldi, Scott Hamilton, Dark Side of the MOon, I mix, I match, the music. To me even my photography is music. I feel privileged when I can capture a shot and don't assume it is me but the moment. I have to admit though, I am not always in tune. :^)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back