The RSA Protector balanced portable: Images and impressions 1st page, Please post your impressions . .
Mar 7, 2010 at 6:39 PM Post #316 of 837
Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieE /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Agree with what you said though. I sent RSA several hundred pounds two days ago.

No email confirming the order, no shipment date, questions from customers being ignored on the order thread.

It's a disgrace. As is the notion that we are supposed to act as though we are members of a fan club and not customers in a business transaction.

Read your post carefuly, you paid 2 days ago & you want your amp to be served on a silver platter?
This is not a regular daily shipping we are dealing with here. This is the first of it's kind, new amp being shipped in large quantities, with all kind or requests regardcing S#s & colors.
Then you go on calling it a disgrace?
Ray Samuels

Mar 7, 2010 at 6:44 PM Post #317 of 837
Read my post carefully, Ray, you seem to have missed the point.

It's not in any way related to when the amp was due to be shipped - it's about the fact that I did not get an email confirming you had registered the payment and telling me when it would be sent.

Even "I expect the amp to be ready to send around [INSERT ROUGH DATE] but will confirm precise date when I know" would have been perfectly acceptable to me.

But I get it Ray - you do what you want and if anyone questions it - you refund their money and refuse an amp to them.

Cool.

Just so long as all your potential customers know what to expect...

Mar 7, 2010 at 6:46 PM Post #318 of 837
Quote:

Complaining about getting no confirmation email after a hefty money transfer and then being refunded and refused an amp as "punishment" I find a little harder to rationalise... To be honest it is the sort of behaviour you'd expect from a spoilt five year old.

Did he actually tell you he was refusing to sell you an amp, or are you just assuming that? He could have just refunded your money for the week so you don't get upset about being without it. You should really clarify that with him.

Mar 7, 2010 at 6:48 PM Post #319 of 837
Quote:

Read my post carefully, Ray, you seem to have missed the point.

It's not in any way related to when the amp was due to be shipped - it's about the fact that I did not get an email confirming you had registered the payment and telling me when it would be sent.

Even "I expect the amp to be ready to send around [INSERT ROUGH DATE] but will confirm precise date when I know" would have been perfectly acceptable to me.

But I get it Ray - you do what you want and if anyone questions it - you refund their money and refuse an amp to them.

Cool.

Just so long as all your potential customers know what to expect...

we get it dude, you wanted to warn us...and now you have. Can you move on? some of us are willing to deal with the niche nature of our hobby, and all the idiosyncrasies that go along with that. Im sure the reason ray didnt do what you're asking is that it would have taken quite a chunk of time to write our emails to every single person that sent payment, time that could much better be used to build the amps we all want so bad.

Mar 7, 2010 at 6:56 PM Post #321 of 837
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you saying that they are getting a better version of the balanced connector???

no they are getting a better version of 3.5mm plug and here is the original msg i received from them

Dear Sir,

Please visit Null-audio.net or null-
audio.com/store to view picture of different color
configurations.

We plan to change our connector to Viablue 3.5mm
stereo connector next week. It is so far the best
we can found in region, are you sure you wish to
change yourself?

- kennull

Mar 7, 2010 at 7:00 PM Post #322 of 837
Quote:

Originally Posted by nycdoi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no they are getting a better version of 3.5mm plug and here is the original msg i received from them

Dear Sir,

configurations.

change yourself?

- kennull

Will they discount the cost of the 3.5 connector and ship a cable "bare wire" or are they saying that they want to ship the whole thing and you will be stuck with the connector anyway, so why not wait for a better connector? Sorry, I guess my question was, are they willing to make a cable with the "Balanced Protector" connector ?

Mar 7, 2010 at 7:02 PM Post #323 of 837
Quote:

Originally Posted by nycdoi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Dear Sir,

configurations.

change yourself?

- kennull

Oh got ya, luckily craig's always used the viablue 3.5mm
smily_headphones1.gif
im just hoping someone releases a better connector the the balanced on the protector, hence my previous excitement lol

Mar 7, 2010 at 7:04 PM Post #324 of 837
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will they discount the cost of the 3.5 connector and ship a cable "bare wire" or are they saying that they want to ship the whole thing and you will be stuck with the connector anyway, so why not wait for a better connector?

i dont think they will discount the 3.5mm connectors but they might separated it from the wire and ship it to you along.

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so why not wait for a better connector?

agree, thats what i intended to do.

Mar 7, 2010 at 7:12 PM Post #325 of 837
This is really disappointing... I hope this thread does not need to be closed like the other. I don't necessarily agree with some of Ray's business practices, but is it really THAT big of a deal that we have to crap up this entire thread (and potentially have it closed)?

Mar 7, 2010 at 7:26 PM Post #327 of 837
Thank you Ray for making the effort to produce this amp and deal with the drama. I sent my money and there was a problem with my address and you promptly emailed me so I could fix the problem I'm looking forward to hearing your Protector.

Mar 7, 2010 at 7:32 PM Post #328 of 837
question - is it possible to reterminate a regular custom headphone cable at the Y split to use with the balanced connector? i could like to make one to use with the protector temporary before a quad braided cable arrive.

Mar 7, 2010 at 7:36 PM Post #329 of 837
I did just that with my first sets of Denons, I placed a mini XLR 4 pin in place of the "Y". then I can use any cable I choose to make, Balanced or single ended. Most DIY'ers choose to completely replace the cable all the way into the cans, but I feel that the short stretch of stock cable will not add or detract that much from the SQ

Mar 7, 2010 at 7:48 PM Post #330 of 837
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
people complaining about a *1 week* delay in shipping is absurd. people should stop derailing this thread with inane posts.

Well to be fair, I'm getting my Hifiman on Monday and was really looking forward to trying my whole setup this week. That and I want to get rid of Null audio cable as fast as possible. So yea a week delay does suck. Is it the end of the world, no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back