The RMAA (RightMark Audio Analyzer) Source and Audio Device Measurement Thread [Overview of Measurements in Post #3, Tutorial in Post #2]

Discussion in 'Sound Science' started by hifichris, Mar 1, 2016.
First

Back
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
  1. HiFiChris Contributor
    Workaround that also gets rid of the Mojo's hiss with very sensitive IEMs:

[​IMG]

... or a different DAC, headphone DAC, Amp or DAC-Amp in the first place...

hakuzen likes this.
  2. bartzky
    Don't you own a JDS Labs C5D? :)

3. hakuzen
    yup. precisely that's he one i found after searching :ksc75smile:
    another solution could had been adding an amp to mojo like Chris suggested, but didn't own a decent one (low output impedance, noise and disto, and transparent freq response). recently i got an ibasso P5 falcon amp (during black week) which should be fine for either iems or demanding cans (thinking of getting the best from my he400i). not measured yet.

edit: low channel imbalance / some kind of digitalised volume control was also desirable (comfort wise). so C5D is a breeze (checked all the points), used as dac+amp or as amp. only cons i find are: output impedance could be even lower, and its power capability (not relevant for measure purposes).

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  4. HiFiChris Contributor
    Hidizs AP200:

No Load:

no load #1.jpg

Filters:

Filters.jpg

Triple.Fi 10:

TF10.jpg

A generally surprisingly great digital audio player that has fortunately not much in common with the sub-par AP60. Its output impedance is unfortunately clearly too high though.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    Raketen likes this.
  5. DjBobby
    Thanks a lot for this. As it is somewhat difficult to read 7 overlapping frequency responses, does it mean that except the filter #1, all others are rolled off?

6. HiFiChris Contributor
    All other filters' frequency response in the 20 to 20000 Hz range is similar.

First

Back
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15