The RMAA (RightMark Audio Analyzer) Source and Audio Device Measurement Thread [Overview of Measurements in Post #3, Tutorial in Post #2]
Dec 23, 2017 at 11:32 PM Post #226 of 255
XD
by my hearing standards it's ok as well, but by multi-ba iem measuring standards, it made me search for another dac+amp source.. pissed off

Workaround that also gets rid of the Mojo's hiss with very sensitive IEMs:

DSC04527-small.JPG

... or a different DAC, headphone DAC, Amp or DAC-Amp in the first place...

Dec 24, 2017 at 6:57 AM Post #228 of 255
Don't you own a JDS Labs C5D? :)
yup. precisely that's he one i found after searching :ksc75smile:
another solution could had been adding an amp to mojo like Chris suggested, but didn't own a decent one (low output impedance, noise and disto, and transparent freq response). recently i got an ibasso P5 falcon amp (during black week) which should be fine for either iems or demanding cans (thinking of getting the best from my he400i). not measured yet.

edit: low channel imbalance / some kind of digitalised volume control was also desirable (comfort wise). so C5D is a breeze (checked all the points), used as dac+amp or as amp. only cons i find are: output impedance could be even lower, and its power capability (not relevant for measure purposes).

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2018 at 2:44 AM Post #229 of 255
Hidizs AP200:

No Load:

no load #1.jpg

Filters:

Filters.jpg

Triple.Fi 10:

TF10.jpg

A generally surprisingly great digital audio player that has fortunately not much in common with the sub-par AP60. Its output impedance is unfortunately clearly too high though.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2018 at 5:03 AM Post #230 of 255
Hidizs AP200:

No Load:

Filters:

Triple.Fi 10:

A generally surprisingly great digital audio player that has fortunately not much in common with the sub-par AP60. Its output impedance is unfortunately clearly too high though.
Thanks a lot for this. As it is somewhat difficult to read 7 overlapping frequency responses, does it mean that except the filter #1, all others are rolled off?

Apr 25, 2018 at 2:23 AM Post #233 of 255
Looks audibly identical. What am I supposed to be seeing here?

Apr 25, 2018 at 2:39 AM Post #235 of 255
okie doke

Apr 25, 2018 at 6:15 AM Post #236 of 255
yup, that the device has low impedance output and no protection caps as it's pretty stable into low impedance load. the triple.fi having a roller coaster in place of an impedance graph is suggesting as much.

May 1, 2018 at 7:51 AM Post #237 of 255
FiiO Q5 w/ Bundled AM3A Module, Single-Ended:

Line In, Headphone Port Out, No Load:

Line in HPO.jpg

USB In, Headphone Port Out, No Load:

USB DAC HPO_3 (sampling rate in mixer has to be set acordingly).jpg

Optical In, Headphone Port Out, No Load:

TOSLINK DAC HPO.jpg

USB In, Line Out, No Load:

USB DAC LO_3 (sampling rate in mixer has to be set acordingly).jpg

Bluetooth In, Headphone Port Out, No Load:

BT DX150 HPO.jpg

Bass Boost:

Bass Boost TOSLINK.jpg

Triple.Fi 10:

Line In TF10.jpg

May 17, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #239 of 255
I recently bought me a new audio device to rule them all and to call it a day.

Solely the stuff that interests me personally:

Output Impedance = Perfection.

Hiss Performance w/ extremely sensitive IEMs = Perfection as well.

Volume Control & ability to listen extremely quietly = close to Perfection (already perfection through the I/O menu but somewhat less precise from -96 to -69.5 dB using the main volume knob - so please, pretty, pretty please @RME, implement the same volume scaling (0.5 dB per step over the entire adjustment range) that can be already achieved using the I/O menu detour into the main volume knob and everything a device needs for perfection from my point of view would be there. I know that you want that logarithmic scaling, however you could add an option to the settings that lets the user chose between that logarithmic scaling and the linear 0.5 dB per step scaling over the entire attenuation range. Then the desktop counterpart to my iBasso DX90 that I was always looking for but never fully found would be born).

That device is:

RME ADI-2 DAC:

(
Fwiw: Default Short Delay/Sharp Digital Filter, Optical Input, EQ of all sorts disabled, no Crosfeed)

PHONES Output No Load:

PHONES No Load.jpg

PHONES Output Triple.Fi 10:

PHONES TF10.jpg

IEM Output No Load:

IEM No Load.jpg

IEM Output Triple.Fi 10:

IEM TF10.jpg

Triple.Fi 10 Comparison both Outputs:

TF10 both outputs comparison.jpg

Lovely.

Last edited:
May 17, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #240 of 255
I recently bought me a new audio device to rule them all and to call it a day.

Solely the stuff that interests me personally:

Output Impedance = Perfection.

Hiss Performance w/ extremely sensitive IEMs = Perfectionas well.

Volume Control & ability to listen extremely quietly = close to Perfection (already perfection through the I/O menu but somewhat less precise from -96 to -69.5 dB using the main volume knob - so please, pretty, pretty please @RME, implement the same volume scaling (0.5 dB per step over the entire adjustment range) that can be already achieved using the I/O menu detour into the main volume knob and everything a device needs for perfection from my point of view would be there. Then the desktop counterpart to my iBasso DX90 that I was always looking for but never fully found would be born).

That device is:

RME ADI-2 DAC:

(
Fwiw: Default Short Delay/Sharp Digital Filter, Optical Input, EQ of all sorts disabled, no Crosfeed)

Lovely.

Lovely indeed.
That is similar to the conclusion elsewhere as well.
Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back