The RMAA (RightMark Audio Analyzer) Source and Audio Device Measurement Thread [Overview of Measurements in Post #3, Tutorial in Post #2]

Discussion in 'Sound Science' started by hifichris, Mar 1, 2016.
First

Back
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Page 14 of 17
15 16 17
Next

Last
  1. reginalb
    Anyone want to get a Hidizs AP200 and test it with a low impedance load? :)

2. HiFiChris Contributor
    Cowon Plenue J:

No Load:

No Load.jpg

Triple.Fi 10:

Triple.Fi 10_2.jpg

JetEffect:

Semi-Parametric EQ:

Frequency:

frequency.jpg

Bandwidth:

bandwidth.jpg

BBE:

BBE.jpg

Mach3Bass:

Mach3Bass.jpg

Raketen and hakuzen like this.
  3. RamblerBoy
    Does anyone have the fiio x7 markii and fiio x5iii to test with the shure se846 and post the fr curve here?

4. HiFiChris Contributor
    Xiaomi Redmi 4A 4G:

No Load:

Redmi 4A 4G No Load.jpg

Triple.Fi 10:

Redmi 4A 4G Triple.Fi 10.jpg

Should be 2.8-ish Ohms if I'm right, shouldn't it? Or 4.5? I'm a bit confused right now (and tired).

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    hakuzen likes this.
  5. hakuzen
    dunno.. guess it depends of Triple.Fi impedance curve (and supposing flat output impedance in the source, which is usual).
    you are used to test sources with Triple.Fi, and so you are able to calculate it.
    after testing and watching others' tests of xiaomi phones, noticed that those equipped with mediatek processors, use to have an output impedance around 15 ohms.
    while those equipped with qualcomm snapdragons, are around 0.8 ohms; at least, QCs from 6xx series and higher. maybe output impedance of 4xx series is higher.
    compare a note 4 mediatek (17 ohms) with note 4x snapdragon 625 (0.8 ohms):
    http://reference-audio-analyzer.pro/en/report/amp/xiaomi-redmi-note-4.php
    http://reference-audio-analyzer.pro/en/report/amp/xiaomi-redmi-note-4x-pa.php
    my future phone will be a QC for sure..

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  6. HiFiChris Contributor
    Calculated it again and it should be 4.5 Ohms.

Anyway, it's not close to 0 or 1 Ohms. And there's some other weird stuff going on with the audio playback, such as a noise floor that changes its intensity depending on the music's dynamic, along with some quiet crackling whose intensity changes as well depending on the dynamic (noise gate? Bad power supply and distribution? Or just audible DAC artifacts? Whatever it is, it leads to a slightly strange presentation).

7. hakuzen
    wow.
    then, another audio gear to avoid. thank you!

8. bigshot
    Could you have a bad copy?

9. HiFiChris Contributor
    Me? I don't think that this is the case.

But I also think that Xiaomi didn't really expect their users to use super sensitive multi-BA in-ears; it's a budget-oriented smartphone after all (but a really good one besides the audio part, heck it's even got a magnetic compass for proper GPS orientation, something I really didn't expect to find in a budget model).

10. bartzky
    I btw experienced similar behaviour with my Redmi Note 3 Snapdragon but didn't bother to do proper testing yet..

HiFiChris likes this.
  11. reginalb
    High output impedance isn't really unheard of in phones. Even iRiver thought high output impedance was a good idea with their first Astell&Kern, they proudly advertised that it had the same output impedance as hifi speaker amplifiers (over 20 ohm).

And these are Hi-Rezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz engineers we're talking about.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  12. HiFiChris Contributor
    Zorloo ZuperDAC-S:

No Load:

No Load.jpg

Triple.Fi 10:

TF10.jpg

=> ~ 1.6 Ohms. Hiss-free even with extremely sensitive IEMs.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  13. SilverEars
    Boy, would I like to see outputs to BA iems out of TOTL Astell&Kern DAPs, Opus #2, or the Lotoo Paw Gold. That would be great if somebody measures can get review samples to make comparisons in iems response differences between them.

14. HiFiChris Contributor
    FiiO Q1 MkII (single-ended 3.5 mm TRS):

Amp, No Load:

Amp, no load.jpg

DAC-Amp, No Load:

DAC-Amp no load.jpg

DAC (Line Out), No Load:

DAC line out.jpg

Bass Boost:

Bass Boost.jpg ... and the same measurement with a different graph scaling: Bass Boost (different scale).jpg

Triple.Fi 10:

Triple.Fi 10.jpg

=> ~ 1.2/1.3 Ohms output impedance, single-ended. Basically hiss-free (single-ended) in pure amp mode even with super sensitive IEMs such as the SE846 and KC06A; some very mild hissing when used as a DAC-Amp. Noticeable hiss over the balanced 2.5 mm TRRS output. The thing I probably love the most is that they implemented a digital volume control.

hakuzen likes this.
  15. hakuzen
    Very interesting. Focused FiiO Q1 MkII because of its price together with digitalised volume control, dac/amp + amp capabilities, and balanced output chance (i don't own any balanced gear yet).
    pity its output impedance is over 1ohm (not too high though) and balanced hissing.
    Thanks!!

First

Back
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Page 14 of 17
15 16 17
Next

Last