The Review Tour of FiiO FH5 Quad Driver Hybrid In-Ear Monitors Starts Now!
Jul 2, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #16 of 80
A Fiio IEM at this price range was expected and is highly welcome!

Would be nice to see how it would match with Fiio X3 III from single-ended and 2.5 mm balanced outputs.

Headphone(s) / earphone(s) you possess:
Currently I have Hifiman Edition S, RE400i, Sony Z1R and half a bunch of Sony headphones and IEM's and 1More Triple Driver.

DAP(s) / DAC(s) / amp(s) you may possess:

* Fiio X3 III, Aune M1S, Hifiman SuperMini, Sony A35, A45, WM1A, ZX2 as DAPs,
* Aune B1S as portable amp,
* I use JDS Labs OL DAC and custom Objective2 as my desktop equipment testing setup.

Descriptions and links to review(s) you may have posted:

I am continously writing reviews over Head-fi and in various Turkish audiophile equipment forums. Some of them are :

My latest review of Hifiman Edition S :
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/hifiman-edition-s.21638/reviews#review-20473

JDS Labs OL DAC Review :
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/jds-labs-ol-dac.22148/reviews#review-19147

My in depth review and comparison of Sony Walkman's in Turkish :
http://techno-fi.net/forum/konu/sony-a15-a35-wm1a-wm1z-karşılaştırma.11735/

Your geographical region: Istanbul / Turkey

Your native language (and any other languages you may be able to write in): Turkish is my mother tongue, and I also have perfect command on English.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2018 at 5:52 PM Post #17 of 80
Great initiative! Would be really interested in giving these a try and posting the review.

Headphone(s) / earphone(s) you possess:
Currently, I have HE-560, Massdrop Plus, Magaosi X3, Nicehck HK6, Shure SE535 LTD, Monolith M300, ACZ KR06-06.
However, I have got the opportunity to either own or spend time with quite a few IEM's and HP's. These include:
IEMs:MEE Pinnacle PX,Audeze iSine 10, Campfire Andromeda, Dunu DN2000/2000J, Falcon C, Magaosi K5, K3 pro, JH Audio Roxanne, Lola, 13v2 pro, Noble Kaiser Encore, Fiio F9, Simgot EN700 Pro, TFZ King, RHA t10i, t20i, Vsonic GR07 (plus tons of sub-100 USD IEMs like 1more triple driver, KZ ZS5/ZS6/ZS10/ZS3/ZST, Fiio Ex1, Sony MH1C and others I forget)
HPs:Sennheiser HD540,HD598SE,HD650, HD600, HD800, HD800S, HD700, Beyer DT770, DT990, T1, Yamaha HP1, Grado PS500, Fostex T50rp, THX00,Denon D700, Hifiman HE400i, HE500

Any DAP(s) / DAC(s) / amp(s) you may possess:
Currently having:
Portable: LHL Geekout V2+, Earstudio ES100.
For home: DIY Sapphire V4 Amp with Soekris DAM1021-12/SMSL M8
However, have spent time with or owned in the past: iBasso DX14, Chord Mojo, iFi micro iDSD Black Label, Fiio X5 3rd gen, SMSL Sanskrit, Schiit Mimby, Magni 2, Dragonfly Red, Fiio E10k

Descriptions and links to review(s) you may have posted:
These are couple of my recent reviews. Apart from that, I post my impressions in Head-Fi threads (primarily IEMs related), and also in the Whatsapp Group for Indian Audiophile (Bangalore chapter)

Shure SE535 Ltd. IEM Review:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/shure-se535ltd-red.13784/reviews#review-20299

Magaosi X3 IEM Review:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/magaosi-x3.23060/reviews#review-20304

Your geographical region (e.g. the city and country you live in):
Bangalore, India
Your native language (and any other languages you may be able to write in):
English.

Really looking forward to the tour!!! :)

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2018 at 11:03 PM Post #19 of 80
I would be very keen for the review of this new earphones. My details as below:

•-Headphone(s): Hifiman HE-400i, Sony WH-1000XM2
•-Earphone(s): Beyerdynamics Byron, Sony MDR-XB50AP, MEE Audion M6 pro
•-DAP(s): Pioneer XDP-300R
•-DAC(s) / amp(s): iFi nano iDSD BL
•-Descriptions and links to review(s): None so far
•-Geographical region: Resident in Malaysia, working in Manila, Philippines
•-Native languages: Chinese, English, Malay

Looking forward to reviewing this new earphones.

Jul 3, 2018 at 12:39 AM Post #20 of 80

Quite fascinated to review this ****ing awesome product, fiio fh5.

Headphones possesed or using:
Audio Technica m70x,
Whole RHA m series iems,
Almost Sony iems under 10k,
Across all Sony headphones under 7k,
Jbl reflect series, skullcandy headphones and iems under 5k, sennheiser HD series headphones under 15k, almost Bose iems,
And several other budget ranged iems predominantly.

DAP’s:
Fiio x1, x3
(Usually prefers on iPhone setup or through Mac, desktop or iPad)

Amplifiers:
Fiio Kilimanjaro, e11k or similar budget ranged under 10k

Lives in Gurgaon, India

Write in English

Jul 3, 2018 at 12:45 AM Post #21 of 80

Quite fascinated to review this ****ing awesome product, fiio fh5.

Headphones possesed or using:
Audio Technica m70x,
Whole RHA m series iems,
Almost Sony iems under 10k,
Across all Sony headphones under 7k,
Jbl reflect series, skullcandy headphones and iems under 5k, sennheiser HD series headphones under 15k, almost Bose iems,
And several other budget ranged iems predominantly.

DAP’s:
Fiio x1, x3
(Usually prefers on iPhone setup or through Mac, desktop or iPad)

Amplifiers:
Fiio Kilimanjaro, e11k or similar budget ranged under 10k

Lives in Gurgaon, India

Write in English

Jul 3, 2018 at 7:06 AM Post #22 of 80
Guys, it's an awesome sounding IEM. I would say FiiO's best IEM to date. Don't miss out on a chance to listen to it and show off your reviewing chops too!

Jul 4, 2018 at 2:09 PM Post #24 of 80
I would love to test and review the Fiio FH5s.

Headphone(s): Sony MDR-1A, Audioquest NightHawks, Nuraphones,
IEM(s): Fiio F9 Pros
Truly Wireless: Samsung Gear Icon X, Bragi Dash Pro
DAP(s): Onkyo DP-S1
DAC(s) / amp(s): Pro-ject Prebox S2 Digital
Descriptions and links to review(s): None yet
Geographical region: St Augustine, FL
Languages: English

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #25 of 80
Hello I would love to try the Fiio FH5

Headphones/Earphones: Vsonic GR07 (classic), Shure SE215, Apple EarPods, Logitech UE 900s, HiFiMAN HE400i
DAP/DAC/AMPs:
DAP: iPhone SE, iPod Nano 7th Gen, Macbook Pro (2017)
DAC/AMP: Fiio E10, Fiio Q1, Fiio A3
United States (New England)
English only
Thanks for your consideration!

Jul 5, 2018 at 11:32 AM Post #27 of 80
Hi, thanks for giving a great chance to listen to these beauties.

About me:
I have been into hi-end audio listening ever since my father gifted me his set of high end audio gear on my 16th birthday, that included a Pair of QUAD 57 ESLs, 2x mono modified DYNACO MK-VI power amps, an Audio Research ref. Pre amp and an AR turntable, and couple huge rolls of pure silver speaker cables, that's where my journey towards high end music listening began. Since then, i have owned and auditioned about 100 pair of headphones and IEMs, from testing some barely respectable early beats earbuds to listening to the sheer clarity of flagship Etymotic earplugs. Starting from some Bassy DJ headphones from companies like SMS, Beats and Audio Technica to the big Guns(Cans) like Sennheiser HD800, HE400 and HE1000 by Hifiman topping at Stax-Omega-007A MK2.
I have listened a lot, and have converted a lot of people to our mesmerising audiophiliac religion :beyersmile:.

Its now, after a huge demand from my clients(i am by profession a server engineer and Custom PC builder) that i have decided to make my own Audiophile's lounge here in capital city of Pakistan.

Headphones Currently in my possession:
HiFi Man Sundra. Sennheiser HD-700. ATH-MSR7.
One that i am not proud of: Skullcandy Crusher wireless.

IEMs, though too many to keep track but i will mention the ones that are worth mentioning.
IEMs in my possession:
Fiio F9. Fiio FH1. 1more Tripple drivers. Shure 315. Etymotic MC5. Etymotic ER4XR. AKG dual driver(note-8). RHA-MA750i.

Now some pairs that i had and traded or sold:
HiFi Man HE-400. Sennheiser HD-600,650 and 800. Shure SE846. Fiio F9 Pro. Etymotic ER4SR. Sony MDR Z7 and MDR1000x. Many more.

Current DAPs/Sources: Fiio X7. LG V30s. Mac Mini 2016.

Current AMPs/DACs: Anedio D1. Chord Mojo. Fiio A1. Fiio K5.

Reviews: No i haven't posted any reviews yet, though i have extensively gave suggestions to fellow audiophiles live and had hours long conversations about SQ, SS and Build quality of sets. I am looking to start making video reviews for modern audiophile equipment, now that i have enough time to write the reviews as i like, detailed and to the point. With conclusions including in the end, so that no reader will still be confused weather the reviewed product will be a good purchase for him or her.

Fiio X7-2 is on way to me, and I would love to be able to test and review these promising IEMs.

I am situated in Islamabad, Pakistan.

Languages that I can speak and write in: English, Urdu and Punjabi.
Thank you @FiiO

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2018 at 8:26 PM Post #28 of 80
Very interested!
Headphones: Denon D series
Earphones: Fidue Sirius, RockJaw, Orion
DAPs/DACs: Cayin N3, Iphone 6, LG V30,
Review: A number of reviews on
Geographical region: Southeast, USA
Native language: English
Thanks @FiiO!

Jul 5, 2018 at 10:51 PM Post #30 of 80
I am using FiiO FH1, on the verge between getting upgrade with F9 Pro or FH5, this event would be great for me to make my decision and sharing my reason to other users as well:

•-Headphone(s) / earphone(s) you possess: KZ ZST, KZ ZS10, FiiO FH1.
•-Any DAP(s) / DAC(s) / amp(s) you may possess: FiiO Q1 Mark II, FiiO A3, FiiO L17 & L26 cable, FiiO RC-MMCXB cable, iFi ear buddy cable.
•-Descriptions and links to review(s) you may have posted: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/fiio-fh1-dual-hybrid-iem.22884/reviews (Review for FiiO FH1).
•-Your geographical region (e.g. the city and country you live in): Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
•-Your native language (and any other languages you may be able to write in): Native language is Vietnamese (But I did my 2-year master degree in Australia, so I am fluent in English).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back