The Reference 6SN7 Thread
Apr 11, 2018 at 2:19 PM Post #511 of 10,006
I actually bought a pair of these for my Schiit Freya. They were the first tubes that were dead quiet. I have tried the stock tubes, EH and Northern electric tubes. I have not heard any new tubes that I can stand because of noise. I was close to just listening to the solid state option of the preamp till I found these. I would love to find another set of NOS tubes (different from these for testing). From what I have heard so far new tubes are noise makers.

Apr 11, 2018 at 7:33 PM Post #512 of 10,006
I actually bought a pair of these for my Schiit Freya. They were the first tubes that were dead quiet. I have tried the stock tubes, EH and Northern electric tubes. I have not heard any new tubes that I can stand because of noise. I was close to just listening to the solid state option of the preamp till I found these. I would love to find another set of NOS tubes (different from these for testing). From what I have heard so far new tubes are noise makers.
I was not complaining the quality of these tubes.

Glad you like them.

Last edited:
May 14, 2018 at 5:12 PM Post #518 of 10,006
Got them "Russian re-brands" :) today ,best way to describe them ,they sound similar to one of my favorites - 1950 Raytheon 6sn7gt (pictured ) just improved in all directions ..,forward-full mids,in your face vocals ,cleaner top and detailed low end ,I have more then few 6SN7 but this one takes the cake
Bought quad for electrostatic tube amp so it will be hard to keep away from them,good deal

May 14, 2018 at 6:24 PM Post #519 of 10,006
Sorry, there is no way those Russian rebrands are any good.....I now do not trust your ears.

May 15, 2018 at 10:14 PM Post #520 of 10,006
Got them "Russian re-brands" :) today ,best way to describe them ,they sound similar to one of my favorites - 1950 Raytheon 6sn7gt (pictured ) just improved in all directions ..,forward-full mids,in your face vocals ,cleaner top and detailed low end ,I have more then few 6SN7 but this one takes the cake
Bought quad for electrostatic tube amp so it will be hard to keep away from them,good deal
As long as you like it, be happy. No need to buy those $300 RCA VT231. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back