The red HD800 :O
Feb 26, 2011 at 9:20 PM Post #47 of 58
Feb 26, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #48 of 58
Haha....

I actually saw these in a post the other day about fake Beats.

I love car memorbilia...I was in the dentist's office the other day and they were comparing the new 458 with the 911 turbo in some car magazine...I ended ripping out pages for the pictures. I felt like a thief, but it was well worth it, lol.

Feb 26, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #49 of 58

Quote:
Haha....

I actually saw these in a post the other day about fake Beats.

I love car memorbilia...I was in the dentist's office the other day and they were comparing the new 458 with the 911 turbo in some car magazine...I ended ripping out pages for the pictures. I felt like a thief, but it was well worth it, lol.

I would have pocketed the entire magazine rack

Feb 27, 2011 at 2:01 AM Post #50 of 58

Quote:
If you disassemble the headphones fully then coloured annodising would look great.

HD800s are mostly aluminum right?  anodizing would be perfect for them.  one can even put in fades, splash and acid wash patterns in  i wonder how tight the tolerances are for the parts to fit in tho, because ano would add a teeny bit of thickness once applied.  i'd personally like to see this color combo:

Feb 27, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #51 of 58
i vote for the marble finish on the HD600
biggrin.gif

personally, i'd just let the plastic be it's natural colour, or like the SGI workstations of yesteryear, use some of that crazy granulated plastic

I think it's time electronic companies gave up on silver-painted plastic, or horror of horrors, golden plastic. The latest trend of high gloss plastic(which shimmers only for the first month or so) is lamentable too.

Quote:

HD800s are mostly aluminum right? 

nope - just a big o'l hunk of plastic mostly.

Mar 27, 2011 at 10:10 PM Post #52 of 58

Quote:

HD800s are mostly aluminum right?  anodizing would be perfect for them.  one can even put in fades, splash and acid wash patterns in  i wonder how tight the tolerances are for the parts to fit in tho, because ano would add a teeny bit of thickness once applied.  i'd personally like to see this color combo:

they would look great indeed, but perhaps more matte and less shinny

can anodizing be done over plastic?

Mar 11, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #56 of 58
Actually the hd800's are not mostly aluminum; it's mostly made of a plastic named leona, a very high grade plastic.

Also, I believe the red hd800's shown on these pics were done by colorware, as the senn rep (who's a member here on headfi) mentioned bringing them along with him at expos and whatnot.

Quote:

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
May 14, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #57 of 58
You want sexy HD800's?  Check out the last picture in the gallery on this link: http://www.doctorhead.ru/catalogue/?i=892&p=&pr=48&order=&inum=
Probably some Russian custom paint job, I doubt it was done by Sennheiser. But it does look professionally done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back