The Question Thread
Apr 20, 2009 at 9:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

mattcalf

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm starting this thread with the aim of combating the amount of clone threads that are popping up that could be avoided by a simple search.
Also this should be able to help alot of people who are too afraid to ask a question because it is just a 'Yes' or 'No' question and/or it wouldn't justify a whole thread.

There have been similar threads but they have been a bit more specific and alot more confusing (IMO). 1 2
Admittedly this thread might end up being another thread that will clog the database but it could work.

The rules are simple, someone asks a question, another person answers it.
Unless otherwise decided the question can be about anything (might change it to head-fi related if need be), but keep it clean and non-provocative.
There will be no posting until the previous question has been answered, or revoked by the poster.
Who ever asks the question is allowed to post their own question, or leave it open for somebody else to ask one.

Questions should be able to be answered with:
  1. Yes
  2. No
  3. A simple and concise respone
  4. Link to another thread.
To start it off:

Is it worth using a small DAC (such as a BantamDAC) with a portable amp and DAP?

Apr 20, 2009 at 4:11 PM Post #2 of 9
No, I don't think so.
* The BantamDAC have USB input only, while the few DAP's with digital out have optical S/PDIF. Hence they can't be hooked up to each other.
* Another unit to bring alone, even if it has the potential to increase sound quality.

My question:
Are there other headphones than the AKG K1000 which are specifically designed to be driven by a speaker amplifier?

Apr 20, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh let me be the first: What is the answer to life?

Question: (see post #2)

Apr 20, 2009 at 4:29 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My question is why do we need a thread for questions? Just wondering...

It's an attempt to reduce some of the clutter on the forums

Has anyone seen my pants?

Apr 20, 2009 at 6:00 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's an attempt to reduce some of the clutter on the forums

Has anyone seen my pants?

They were here:

pants.jpg

Apr 20, 2009 at 7:01 PM Post #8 of 9
Why do we get these noob question consolidation threads every few months?

Has anyone who starts one of these threads searched to see if others like it have been started in the past?

Why don' we have a thread consolidating threads that consolidate threads?

Why is it wrong or somehow bad to give a direct, personal answer to so eone with a question?

Apr 20, 2009 at 7:07 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why do we get these noob question consolidation threads every few months?

Has anyone who starts one of these threads searched to see if others like it have been started in the past?

Why don' we have a thread consolidating threads that consolidate threads?

Why is it wrong or somehow bad to give a direct, personal answer to so eone with a question?

Why did you have to ask 4 questions in one post? Can't you read the rules? Don't you see how confusing it would be if we allowed this thread to remain open? Can you imagine how quickly a newbie could get to 50 posts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back