The Qudelix-5K thread
Nov 4, 2021 at 11:04 PM Post #2,761 of 4,753
On the latest fw update of Q5K, 7hz Timelesss is in AutoEQ!

But if you're using the AutoEQ built-in presets for your Timeless, do note that while Crinacle's name indicates, it uses his measurements against the Harman 2019v2 target curve and not Crin's preferred IEF Neutral target curve.

Personally, I find Harman too bright and IEF just about right from 200hz up.

Nov 5, 2021 at 12:41 AM Post #2,762 of 4,753
AliExpress is having a 11.11 sale. I have the Timeless in queue with 2.5mm Ready to pull the trigger. Hopefully they are part of that sale. Either way, on the 11th I’m ordering. Downloaded the latest f/w update and ready!

Post Script: It appears the Timeless are not on the discount list for the sale. No worries. I'm scoring them. My intent is to use the 5K Xovers for slam and the Timeless for Jazz, Vocals and such. Best of both worlds. It astonishes me the number of EQ presets. I'm only using the Harmon. It sounds the best to my ears. I will use the Timeless preset when they arrive. Damn, I sound like a shill for the 5K but it just continues to impress.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2021 at 9:46 PM Post #2,764 of 4,753
Just received QX-over, impressive 2 days from SK to USA. Out of the box the drivers are very stiff, don't even put them in...After 4-5 hours they started to open up and move faster. I will update on how much burn in they need to settle finally.
I absolutely love what I hear with Low Gain at -6dB and High at default +6dB. Warm IEM with Wonderful bass, reminds me of my IKKO OH10 slam but it gets you a stronger kick, tasty lower mids, and non fatiguing and perfectly tuned upper mids and highs.
You feel the two drivers are working, they are not as fast as my Fiio FD5 yet..., but there are two of them and I see them handling the complex passages easier.

I like the digital crossover implementation very much. You can control the gain of each driver separately which is really cool. These are like no other IEM I've heard, absolutely MUST buy if you have 5K. And for 30$ it is a steal.

They are very enjoyable, I always wanted that sound signature IEM in my collection so I can finally relax and enjoy my music.

I wish Qudelix keep on working on QX-over versions

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2021 at 11:18 PM Post #2,765 of 4,753
Yesterday the Qudelix 5K I bought in New condition from the seller "Qudelix" on Amazon US arrived, but it was clearly used. The warranty section of the app lists 283 days remaining, but I only bought it 6 days ago. It seems like someone may have originally bought it 82 days ago and returned it. The battery graph also shows previous usage and charging, and the tape holding the box closed was already cut.

Nov 10, 2021 at 11:31 PM Post #2,766 of 4,753
Yesterday the Qudelix 5K I bought in New condition from the seller "Qudelix" on Amazon US arrived, but it was clearly used. The warranty section of the app lists 283 days remaining, but I only bought it 6 days ago. It seems like someone may have originally bought it 82 days ago and returned it. The battery graph also shows previous usage and charging, and the tape holding the box closed was already cut.
IMO it would be in order to return it and get a new one.

Nov 15, 2021 at 12:37 AM Post #2,767 of 4,753
In the interim, I bought a pair of the ZX KEXs for 25USD just for kicks. These things are simply amazing for the price. Clarity for days and bass to die for - extended and controlled - and super efficient to boot. Broke out the iPod Classic. A match made for each other. No EQ required either. Gives me yet another option. Close on the heels of the 5K/X-overs but that combo’s clarity is in a class of its own.

Back on topic. Waiting for the Timeless!

Nov 15, 2021 at 5:34 AM Post #2,768 of 4,753
Nov 22, 2021 at 2:29 PM Post #2,770 of 4,753
can anyone help me to chose the right Apple Lightning to usb camera kit to connect my iphone to my qudelix 5K? There is 2 models, a small one and a larger one named lightning to sub 3 kit. Are they both suitable for my purpose?
of note please do not suggest me to use a cable like the meenova, I already tried it. Works fine for few weeks then suddenly it did not carry any signal

Nov 22, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #2,771 of 4,753
can anyone help me to chose the right Apple Lightning to usb camera kit to connect my iphone to my qudelix 5K? There is 2 models, a small one and a larger one named lightning to sub 3 kit. Are they both suitable for my purpose?
of note please do not suggest me to use a cable like the meenova, I already tried it. Works fine for few weeks then suddenly it did not carry any signal

Both of the CCKs will work with the 5K. The only difference is the charging port which allows you to charge your iPhone/iPad at the same time. I have both.

Nov 25, 2021 at 6:45 AM Post #2,773 of 4,753
Hey guys, can anyone tell me is there perhaps new version announced?
I wanted to buy 5k for so long but never did it because I have BTR5 and ES100. It's not that I need it desperately I would just like to test and compare it with my gear.
Its been long time since 5k release, so I'd rather hold off for a newer version.

Nov 25, 2021 at 9:39 AM Post #2,774 of 4,753
Hey guys, can anyone tell me is there perhaps new version announced?
I wanted to buy 5k for so long but never did it because I have BTR5 and ES100. It's not that I need it desperately I would just like to test and compare it with my gear.
Its been long time since 5k release, so I'd rather hold off for a newer version.
No newer version of 5K planned beyond present one being sold. There's a 7.1 channel model for gaming that should be released soon for $500 if I recall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back