The Qudelix-5K thread
Oct 17, 2021 at 7:55 PM Post #2,732 of 4,753
Oct 17, 2021 at 8:08 PM Post #2,733 of 4,753
Thanks. Well I don't like that they try to shape the frequency to match 2019v2 (v1 is better).
Imo, the best frequency is the one from ikko oh10. That should be the new standard. Those sound better than anything I tried (including the clairvoyance, se846, etc).
You could further manually tweak the filters from H2019 to your liking.

Oct 18, 2021 at 1:41 PM Post #2,734 of 4,753
I use it for more than one year .. as if every day.. a few days ago I was wondering what could be improved with this Q5K ..... I couldn't find anything .. I was wondering with these : a bit more power ? thx amp ? 4.4mm plug ? a new dac ? improve battery life ? less charging time ? But is there any one of these points a SQ improvement in real life or really more practical ?
4.4 is beginning to be seen especially at admiral ship at iems. But how can you be matchbox sized with 4.4 plug?

Oct 19, 2021 at 7:38 PM Post #2,738 of 4,753
Where would that leave the legions of us who bought 2.5mm cables because of Q5K though...? Does 4.4mm really sound better?
Kind of the same place those of us with a lot of 4.4mm gear - adapters. :dt880smile:

It doesn't sound any different - it's just much more durable. I've broken one 2.5mm plug, but it was a cheap-ish cable. Instead of debate, we can all just agree that balanced is better. :wink:

Oct 20, 2021 at 12:43 AM Post #2,739 of 4,753
The Q5K - in my opinion - could use a complete physical makeover.
I agree – it is a poor ergonomic design. They made it too symmetrical with buttons on opposite sides that look and feel the same. It makes it hard to remember and find which button you want. And when pressing a button, you naturally need to apply opposing force from the opposite side – exactly where you don't want the other button to be! Ideally the shell would have an asymmetric shape and the buttons positioned and shaped to make it easy to operate by feel without looking.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2021 at 7:02 AM Post #2,741 of 4,753
Awesome idea. Actually it is not just channel imbalance. There is also different hearing health between ears, so that would also help in that case.
Actually, doing a Sinewave frequency sweep while wearing the earphones, we can correct both hardware and our ear frequency imbalances at one go if we can do independent channel EQ

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #2,742 of 4,753
Where would that leave the legions of us who bought 2.5mm cables because of Q5K though...? Does 4.4mm really sound better?
2.5 and 4.4 are both balanced and must surely sound the same.
Personally I really dislike 2.5mm on larger devices due to its inherent physical weakness, but on a really tiny device like the 5K it's less of a disadvantage.
4.4 is still better though (IMO).

Oct 20, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #2,743 of 4,753
I need the liberty 3 pro, status between pro, and edifier neobuds pro (in that order) to be tuned exactly like the ikko oh10. I'll pay someone to find the correct eq parameters (both parametric and 10-band eq or just parametric) of those headphones so that they are tuned to match the ikko oh10's frequency graph. Pm me if someone is interested and is capable (have the proper measuring equipment and software, one of the above headphones along with the ikko oh10 headphone, and a little time on their hands). I'll be using paid version of poweramp pro (it has a 10 band eq and a parametic eq) for android.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2021 at 1:47 PM Post #2,745 of 4,753
Agree, I like the built in clip. I also seem to be of the minority but I really like the simple black plastic body. It is sturdy and I don't care if it gets thrown around. Glass and metal are more likely to break or show scratches but my Qudelix 5k is now over a year old and I can just throw it in a bag or clip it in a pocket and.not worry about a case or anything (mine is still in great shape). My only complaint is that, while I have gotten used to the button layout (there is a notch on one of the buttons so I don't even need to look), I do wish the buttons had more resistance to prevent accidental touches. Otherwise, I wouldn't change a thing about the design itself.

@jsmiller58 - also agree the clip is just personal preference. Look at how many people were complaining about the lack of a built-in clip on the IFI GO Blu thread. Think a built in clip vs no clip is just something where manufacturers will not be able to make everyone happy. I don't think I would buy if they didn't have an integrated clip.
I agree. I also wouldn't buy without an integrated clip, since I wear it around my neck like a pendant and it's clipped to the cable of whatever iem I'm listening to at the time.

Attachments

• 20211020_134128.jpg
    20211020_134128.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back