The Qudelix-5K thread
Jun 11, 2020 at 1:44 PM Post #543 of 4,753
Just saw this: https://www.qudelix.com/pages/forum?p=post/ghost-ground-10569325?pid=1311800721

Dear All Pre-Oder Campaign supporters,

Last weekend, five days ago, we announced the Ghost Ground in public in the middle of the pre-order campaign.
We apologize that we decided to drop the Ghost Ground out of the 5K feature list.
We found some performance issues.
We realized that Ghost Ground no longer provides better performance over a normal 3.5mm UNBAL in every use case.
We had to admit that it's a more challenging task than we researched so far.
We dropped the Ghost Ground out of the feature list.

If it's the primary reason for your purchase and it's a deal-breaker, please let us know via sales@qudelix.com.
We'll help you cancel your order at any time.

We apologize for that once again.

Best Regards,
Qudelix Team

Jun 11, 2020 at 2:07 PM Post #545 of 4,753
Forgive the lack of knowledge, but what was the Ghost Ground feature?

I kinda go through the it on last 2 pages of this thread so you can read it back if wanted, but basic idea is to force (via software) the 2.5mm balanced output onto outputting single-ended signal, which then you can use an adapter cable to get it out of the 5K. Supposedly it should have better performance than the normal 3.5mm single-ended on the 5K (especially in desktop-only application), but I guess they never quite get the bug ironed out and therefore decided to drop it.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2020 at 2:09 PM Post #546 of 4,753
I kinda go through the it on last 2 pages of this thread so you can read it back if wanted, but basic idea is to force (via software) the 2.5mm balanced output onto outputting single-ended signal, which then you can use an adapter cable to get it out of the 5K. Supposedly it should have better performance than the normal 3.5mm single-ended on the 5K, but I guess they never quite get the bug ironed out and therefore decided to drop it.

Oh I see. I'll be using this with a regular 2.5mm balanced cable so this shouldn't affect me, correct?

Jun 11, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #547 of 4,753
Oh I see. I'll be using this with a regular 2.5mm balanced cable so this shouldn't affect me, correct?

Yep, this shouldn't affect you.

Jun 11, 2020 at 11:58 PM Post #548 of 4,753
Quoted from their e-mail to me received this morning:
“Active phone number is required for the shipping and customs, the shipping can't be made unless otherwise.” (sic)
If anything the very fact they ask proves this is legit, scammers don’t care if your imaginary parcel passes customs.

edit: I am healthily suspicious as a rule but there is nothing with Qudelix that even remotely qualifies as a red flag for me. There was the too long time when they stopped communicating altogether and I was afraid they!d shut down, but it now appears that was just a bit of naive community management while they were full-on trying to get the 5K out the door - and they afforded that lapse because they had taken no preorders at the time, so no one had to be reassured their money hadn't vanished. That last point, the fact that they only took pre-orders when they were a couple of weeks from shipping the 5K and didn’t look for funding on Indiegogo etc, is also a classy move on their part and proof of their good faith.

In addition there is the well-known pedigree of the company’s founder, the same guy behind the successful ES100 (the Paypal invoice when you buy the 5K bears wslee’s e-mail). From his past communications on this forum he is known for his openness to customer suggestions and straightforward demeanor. An attitude that I feel has carried over to Qudelix and this project.

All in all if this was a financial investment I’d say the risk factor is around 2 out of 7.
Not challenging anyone’s concerns but I have to say on almost anything I have ever ordered I have had to put a phone number on the order. Considering how easy it is to find most people’s phone numbers on line, it would not even cross my mind that it could be a problem.

Jun 12, 2020 at 1:05 AM Post #549 of 4,753
i have answer from qudelix:)

„The shipping was originally planned 6/20.
We're slightly ahead of the schedule.
We'll ship the item 6/16.
It usually takes 2~4 days for the delivery, but there might be extra delay due to COVID-19.
We hope you can get the package around 6/22~6/26.“

i don‘t know the time at custom... hope easy

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2020 at 1:09 AM Post #550 of 4,753
Not challenging anyone’s concerns but I have to say on almost anything I have ever ordered I have had to put a phone number on the order. Considering how easy it is to find most people’s phone numbers on line, it would not even cross my mind that it could be a problem.
When i think about it, most online shops ask a phone number in there account, never had a phonecall but you are right. I really hope that K5 Will be a gem :)

Jun 12, 2020 at 9:33 AM Post #552 of 4,753
To avoid any tl;dr, I was too verbose before perhaps, but what I meant is that I very much trust Qudelix to deliver. At this point pretty much my only concern is the French post and their habit of leaving parcels out in bizarre places instead of a mailbox :unamused:

Jun 14, 2020 at 9:17 PM Post #554 of 4,753
I'm really late to this, Anyone happen to know if there is a Desktop-Mode, when Connected via WIRED is draws power from the USB and not the Battery?

Any idea how much power(mW) it gives in balanced @ 22Ω ?

When it is USB powered, it will draw power from USB, not battery. It will charge the battery at the same time, but cut off charging once the battery is full.

It should be able to do 240mW into 32ohm, if I am reading the 5K spec right. So you can expect at around / at least 200mW into 22ohm, which is way more than enough for most cases.

Jun 14, 2020 at 11:58 PM Post #555 of 4,753
For those still demanding measurements, Qudelix have posted this:
https://qudelix.discussion.community/post/asr-measurements-10545281?pid=1311816395&random=74791

Please check our internal measurement results.
The measurement performed at 45-ohm LOAD Impedance.

Qudelix-5K USB DAC AP Measurement.pdf

The Bluetooth Receivers with ES9218p, UP4, BTR5, and 5K would show similar measurement results.
Again, as we mentioned in the first reply, we wouldn't say 5K provides the best or the worst figures among the above competitors.
Some are good, and some are not.
The results are close to each other, and they won't explain the absolute difference in the Sound Quality much.

We believe the users would experience some differences in the sound quality among those devices.
The market will prove it.

Thank you!​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back