The Qudelix-5K thread
Jun 15, 2020 at 9:11 PM Post #571 of 4,750
Woke up to a tracking info, pleasantly surprised!

So far this company seems to be handling everything right. Self funded investment, pre-order to ship date that is extremely reasonable, overdelivered on that ship date, very engaging in the forums and email, and on top of it, proper knowledgeable replies to boot.

I sincerely root for them and hope the product kicks ass even if I'm just using the DAC to run my chifi IEMs that are priced 1/4 the Qudelix.

Jun 15, 2020 at 9:14 PM Post #572 of 4,750
Does anybody know if the software is user friendly? I mean, can a user update it?
Is the problem with the Ghost Ground FW or SW related?

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2020 at 9:30 PM Post #573 of 4,750
Jun 15, 2020 at 9:59 PM Post #575 of 4,750
No custom EQ profiles? That could be a deal breaker for me :frowning2:
I recall it was mentioned in the forum that you have 10 profiles for GEQ, and PEQ will come late July.
They seem to mention that the app is still a work in progress and features will be added in stages.

Jun 15, 2020 at 10:02 PM Post #576 of 4,750
Slightly off-topic - but, when looking at this thread on my phone, and scrolling to the bottom of the screen - I see a nice colorful ad for the FiiO BTR5... :wink::ksc75smile:

Jun 15, 2020 at 10:19 PM Post #577 of 4,750
Slightly off-topic - but, when looking at this thread on my phone, and scrolling to the bottom of the screen - I see a nice colorful ad for the FiiO BTR5... :wink::ksc75smile:

If you need Aptx-LL the btr5 got you covered.

The newer Adaptive aptx is on the Qudelix; it is still a slow maturing tech.

Only important for gamers. (both are good enough for videos and music)

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2020 at 11:47 PM Post #579 of 4,750
They seem to mention that the app is still a work in progress and features will be added in stages.
The app looks very unfinished to me. I think they have a long way to go.

seems like the oversampling feature from es100 is removed
How can they "remove" anything? This is a new startup company and they are starting from scratch. They cannot use anything that was proprietary to Radsone.

Jun 15, 2020 at 11:56 PM Post #580 of 4,750

How can they "remove" anything? This is a new startup company and they are starting from scratch. They cannot use anything that was proprietary to Radsone.

This Qudelix is made by the maker of the Radsone. Unless the old company has some patents holding back development.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020 at 12:13 AM Post #582 of 4,750
Does anybody know if the software is user friendly? I mean, can a user update it?
Is the problem with the Ghost Ground FW or SW related?

We still at a very early stage of 5K, so don't expect it too be completely smooth sailing at the first few month. Don't forget that even as good as ES100's app is for now, it took a while for Radsone to bug fix it as well.

As for ghost ground, I don't think it is a software issue. Likely it is just not delivering as good as performance as Qudelix initially thought and thus including it becomes not worthing the trouble.

Jun 16, 2020 at 12:14 AM Post #583 of 4,750
Os

The over sampling function comes with dac rather than software,may be 9218 don’t have that.

Jun 16, 2020 at 12:21 AM Post #584 of 4,750
Os

The over sampling function comes with dac rather than software,may be 9218 don’t have that.

Actually it is software controlled and can be enabled later on. As long as the DAC chip itself can do anything beyond 16/48, it can oversample.

Jun 16, 2020 at 2:13 AM Post #585 of 4,750
Joining in on the 5K-Club. :slight_smile:

Received my tracking number yesterday. Hopefully shipments don't get too delayed.
I still have my 2-year old ES100 in the meantime, at least.

Qudelix seems to be really doing a great job so far. One of the few companies I feel like I could trust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back