The Qudelix-5K thread
Jun 16, 2020 at 3:24 PM Post #601 of 4,760
Haha, because i'm ignorant about these things and I didn't know any better. I'm just learning about balanced and SE. I'm not even sure if my headphones(ath-ws1100is ) can support a balanced cable, they also seem very hard to find and or very expensive. I only found this forum/thread because I googled BTR5 vs Qudelix 5k ;D

As soon as I step away from here for a while, I'm back to being ignorant and learning all over again myself lol. This thread of ClieOS's is quite handy. Apparently the BTR3K is an improvement over the BTR3 in most ways (including single ended SQ). My ES100 broke, and I couldn't wait any longer for the 5K so I got the BTR3K. I'm very happy with it, but that doesn't stop me from lusting for wslee's 5K!

Jun 16, 2020 at 5:13 PM Post #603 of 4,760
Does anyone know if the 5K will support EQ'ing over FLAC? The BTR5 currently doesn't which is kind of a bummer for me.
It should support EQ over LDAC, yes. I’ve read no mention to the contrary, and Qudelix have been working closely with Sony on this one.

Jun 16, 2020 at 6:23 PM Post #604 of 4,760
As soon as I step away from here for a while, I'm back to being ignorant and learning all over again myself lol. This thread of ClieOS's is quite handy. Apparently the BTR3K is an improvement over the BTR3 in most ways (including single ended SQ). My ES100 broke, and I couldn't wait any longer for the 5K so I got the BTR3K. I'm very happy with it, but that doesn't stop me from lusting for wslee's 5K!
Seems I was really dumb for not getting the BTR3k. In my defense I only paid 50$ for it.

Could any of you tell me what type of balanced cable I need for my headphones? ath-ws1100is, are there even any affordable cables that will do the job? should I even be worrying about it?

Jun 16, 2020 at 6:24 PM Post #605 of 4,760
Heck...
Had to pay CADs 31 for taxes and duties.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020 at 9:22 PM Post #607 of 4,760
Do you guys have an actual FedEx tracking number? Mine starts with QSP and even 17track doesn't recognize it.

I have the same QSP number. No actual tracking into. Hopefully it shows up soon.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020 at 9:45 PM Post #609 of 4,760
I did, try Google Searching your Tracking #, Fedex Link should be there or paste the # on Fedex's site?
I did try that a few times since I got it. It is not a FedEx tracking number (I did try it on the FedEx site and USPS just in case). It is possible they are using different carriers so some may have gotten FedEx. My tracking number is definitely not a FedEx number since it starts with QSP. The link in the email goes to a company called QXPRESS, which I have never heard of. The page shows no actual information (just column headings).

I'll just have to be patient I guess.

Jun 17, 2020 at 2:41 AM Post #610 of 4,760
I did try that a few times since I got it. It is not a FedEx tracking number (I did try it on the FedEx site and USPS just in case). It is possible they are using different carriers so some may have gotten FedEx. My tracking number is definitely not a FedEx number since it starts with QSP. The link in the email goes to a company called QXPRESS, which I have never heard of. The page shows no actual information (just column headings).

I'll just have to be patient I guess.

My bad! I thought you had Express Shipping

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2020 at 4:40 AM Post #613 of 4,760
Out of curiosity, did you opt for normal or express, and what shipping courier did they use?
Normal, as my country is one on their list. Shipping company is Qxpress and like other who mentioned, I didn't see any tracking detail yet.

Jun 17, 2020 at 4:46 AM Post #614 of 4,760
Normal, as my country is one on their list. Shipping company is Qxpress and like other who mentioned, I didn't see any tracking detail yet.

Ah okay, I'm based in KL, but I opted with a forwarding company instead, because I thought of consolidating with some other purchases, but I'm so excited to get this I don't think I'll wait and just ship the item out immediately :smile:. Let me know if you get taxed? I'm hoping it won't be.

Jun 17, 2020 at 4:51 AM Post #615 of 4,760
I ordered on Monday, express shipping to the US. Mine also says it's coming on the 17th from fedex. Seems like if you choose express you get fedex? I'm doubting it's going to actually get here today. When I check tracking it says fedex is still waiting for the item. Maybe they are just slow at updating..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back