The Qudelix-5K thread
May 3, 2020 at 6:32 PM Post #391 of 4,749
I don't know what to think anymore. I find this product appealing, but tbth, I'm totally loving my ES100. I gave my original one to my son to use with his Moondrop KXXS. I bought a second ES100 for myself which was lost by the post office and mysteriously showed up later, after I was refunded my money. A third is still sitting in it's original packaging, never even opened. All were purchased on Amazon in late November/ early December of 2019. The one I've been using has worked flawlessly for 5 months now, and I'm no longer even sure why I'm interested in the QDELIX. The ES100 just sounds so great (I'm listening right now to a $1000+ set of iems, but it sounds just as good with my $50 KZ ZS10 PRO). I get 3, 4 hour listening sessions from it, before I need to recharge it (so like 12 hours of listening). I'm happy with that. Sorry, I know I'm getting old...but can someone please remind me why this is better?!
Parametric equalizer.

May 3, 2020 at 6:57 PM Post #393 of 4,749
ES100 already does EQ over LDAC. The EQ works with all it's codecs.
Absolutely! It’s the BTR5 that doesn’t do it. Nor the other Fiio units I believe.

May 3, 2020 at 9:08 PM Post #394 of 4,749
Absolutely! It’s the BTR5 that doesn’t do it. Nor the other Fiio units I believe.

Nor does any BT adapter in the market currently. Implementing EQ over LDAC is not trivial because how limited the processing power inside the SoC of any given BT chip has. It is probably one of the main reason why ES100 gets unstable over time. Nonetheless it is brilliant on its own right.

May 4, 2020 at 10:34 PM Post #396 of 4,749
hear ye hear ye good folks of head fi. i got my qudeliz and have to say i'm bullshitting. but hey why is everybody getting their panties in a wad over product that has not released yet? antsy much? :beerchug::beyersmile::L3000:

That's the world we live in nowadays. Everything is instantaneously acquired, from Google to text messaging to same day delivery from Amazon. Impatience, impulsivity, and instant gratification dominates today's society.

Like Veruca Salt - I want it NOW NOW NOW!

VerucaSalt.gif

May 4, 2020 at 11:18 PM Post #397 of 4,749
That's the world we live in nowadays. Everything is instantaneously acquired, from Google to text messaging to same day delivery from Amazon. Impatience, impulsivity, and instant gratification dominates today's society.

Like Veruca Salt - I want it NOW NOW NOW!

LOL, you would think this community who wait forever on shipments from China and drawn out kick starters would have the Patience of Jobe and we won’t even talk about those lonely detached souls who just want to argue to have conversation!

May 12, 2020 at 12:35 AM Post #398 of 4,749
I don't know what to think anymore. I find this product appealing, but tbth, I'm totally loving my ES100. I gave my original one to my son to use with his Moondrop KXXS. I bought a second ES100 for myself which was lost by the post office and mysteriously showed up later, after I was refunded my money. A third is still sitting in it's original packaging, never even opened. All were purchased on Amazon in late November/ early December of 2019. The one I've been using has worked flawlessly for 5 months now, and I'm no longer even sure why I'm interested in the QDELIX. The ES100 just sounds so great (I'm listening right now to a $1000+ set of iems, but it sounds just as good with my $50 KZ ZS10 PRO). I get 3, 4 hour listening sessions from it, before I need to recharge it (so like 12 hours of listening). I'm happy with that. Sorry, I know I'm getting old...but can someone please remind me why this is better?!
Are you interested in selling that third one? :)

May 12, 2020 at 12:43 PM Post #399 of 4,749
Are you interested in selling that third one? :)
Sorry, but No. If something happens to the one I'm currently using, I want to have a back up. It's just that great sounding.

May 12, 2020 at 12:51 PM Post #400 of 4,749
Sorry, but No. If something happens to the one I'm currently using, I want to have a back up. It's just that great sounding.

Same here, I keep one in my cars console and the other is pretty much at hand at all times! However once I have my Qudelix we can talk @d73b3e :grin:

May 12, 2020 at 4:11 PM Post #402 of 4,749
Yeah, let's talk about how good/worse qudelix sounds against its competitors at that time :p

Well I'm of the belief he will make the Qudelix even better than his ES100, you know it will run faster and jump higher! Leaping tall buildings in a single bound :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: It'll be the "Six Million Dollar DAC":wink:

May 12, 2020 at 6:13 PM Post #403 of 4,749
Well I'm of the belief he will make the Qudelix even better than his ES100, you know it will run faster and jump higher! Leaping tall buildings in a single bound :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: It'll be the "Six Million Dollar DAC":wink:
Qudelix only claims about their primary advantage of the 5K over BTR5 is the software (USB and LDAC EQ, in-house LDAC library). Yet, it does not support mic passthrough like the ES100.
I personally don't EQ so let's see how it performs with others on the flat playground :)

May 12, 2020 at 6:41 PM Post #404 of 4,749
Qudelix only claims about their primary advantage of the 5K over BTR5 is the software (USB and LDAC EQ, in-house LDAC library). Yet, it does not support mic passthrough like the ES100.
I personally don't EQ so let's see how it performs with others on the flat playground :)
Well then keep me in mind and I may give you a deal on one of my ES100's once I get a 5K in hand. Mine are originals prior to his departure so I have no idea what the difference in these originals and the MkII is or if it's just the age old "New and Improved" jargon to keep selling ones goods :rolling_eyes:

May 12, 2020 at 6:55 PM Post #405 of 4,749
Well then keep me in mind and I may give you a deal on one of my ES100's once I get a 5K in hand. Mine are originals prior to his departure so I have no idea what the difference in these originals and the MkII is or if it's just the age old "New and Improved" jargon to keep selling ones goods :rolling_eyes:
They stated that MKII is just a shirt change, nothing is improved internally. Will come to you if I can't find any deal on the ES100 :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back